“good value convenient”

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Canmore, Canada
“good value convenient”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great stop in Sudbury! Executive suite room inviting, clean, pleasant staff throughout and hearty full breakfast, very close to big box retailers and 10 min from New Sudbury Shopping Mall. We enjoyed our 2 night stay while in town for our Grandson's hockey tournament, this is our second year staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Liked 101 close to small pool and outdoor parking
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Elizabeth B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Great value and service from this Marriott brand as always. Stayed here on the way back from a 'down south' holiday and the staff and hotel are excellent.

I don't remember his name but the assistant Manager working the desk area on the night of Feb. 3rd was outstanding, we need more people like you working in Canada, showing our young workers what the service industry is all about.

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank JustinSquearl
barrie,ontario
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We just got back from a volleyball tournament in Sudbury and the whole team stayed here. the hotel was perfect, quiet, clean and close to the mall and a great price. breakfast was pretty good too and it's right across the street from Tim Hortons.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bjevclow
Paul R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Sudbury was enjoyable.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

This is my favourite place to stay in Sudbury. I always get good service at Marriott hotels but this is one of the best. I am recognized as an elite member at check in and got offered a nice free upgrade for my loyalty. The staff at the front desk are very friendly and the breakfast is good for a free fare. The eggs taste fresh not powdered like. And always well stocked. Best place to stay in my opinion in Sudbury.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank mjhoc
Montrea, Quebec
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Spent some time in Sudbury in April - not the ideal time to be there but the hotel was very good.

I have stayed at my share of Marriott locations and this one was excellent. The lobby was smaller than what I am accustomed to and the desk staff where kind of "just there", but the condition of the lobby, the breakfast room and the room itself were first rate.

The rooms were cleaned and very spotless and we even had a nice breakfast restaurant next door (although I have to say that this hotel was kind of situated in a bit of an isolated area) but, again, the quality expected from Marriott was present.

If you don't have a car (this was my problem as my bf used it during the day to work) then you will feel a bit like a lone tourist - as I mentioned there is not a lot to do around the property (except the great breakfast place and the pharmacy) - still, I did enjoy this property.

Room Tip: Do not book here if you don't have access to a car at all times. Go to the breakfast restaurant...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nitestar
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed for one night. Room was okay. Bed was not that comfy. The room was cold. I needed to ask for extra blankets. I used the exercise room which was right beside the pool. This design was not a good idea. The exercise room was like a chlorine chamber. All I could smell as I ran on the treadmill was chlorine. I felt like I was being poisoned so I had to open the windows. Thank God there were windows! Shower was also bad design - it's not a tub so you don't have the option for a bath. Complimentary breakfast was low grade, Styrofoam / paper plates? Why not use real plates. Also there was not enough food.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Suburban Toronto
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We experienced a quick check-in, a clean, quiet, and comfortable room where everything worked well, and a "continental" breakfast that was really more than continental -- sausage and eggs, oatmeal and cereal, yoghurt, breads, juices. Fairfield is on the economy end of Marriott hotels: not that this wasn't a budget hotel; we paid about $125 in December for a room with two queen beds. For comparison, we had stayed on an earlier occasion at the Comfort Inn almost across the street, which was about $40 less. Compared to that, the Fairfield was clearly a better greater value -- more front desk staff, better trained, and friendlier; much more attractive lobby (with winter fireplace); building of more solid construction with convenient elevators; fresher room; better breakfast. There was nothing so special about the hotel that you'd make it a destination, but it was entirely dependable and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family