“I stay here every year”

Travelway Inn Sudbury
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Staff is amazing. Lobby is beautiful. It is always a family trip, so I can't comment on the business center. The restaurant is curious, with a unique menu, but we found it rather pricey, so we ate elsewhere. The restaurant does smell delicious when you go through the lobby.

Our room was on the smaller side ('cozy' is what it should be called), but they are really clean and the beds are wildly comfortable. Best of all, it is SO QUIET. We get the best sleep!

It's right across the street from Science North, and close to other attractions and shopping, which is a bonus.

Overall, great hotel with great staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank iceraven
There are newer reviews for Travelway Inn Sudbury

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I can't say enough. First the room was clean, good size, and the breakfast very good. Actually the hotel itself is very clean. Now the staff, Jessica, the day Manager in particular, amazing. My Father was discharged from the hospital across the street and was staying at the Travelway along with my mom. They were training for dialisys. My dad ended up having a heart attack at the travelway inn. Jessica was on duty. Until the paramedics got there she helped my mother do CPR. Afterwards, she held my mom and took care of her. Thank you Jessica, you are an amazing girl. All the staff was very accomodating. The inn has a large "business center,/conference room" Because of the seriousness of my father's illness and subsequent passing, we had a lot of family visiting over a period of 3 days. We were able to utilize that room at no extra cost. Everyone commented how amazing it was to have this access to be able to eat together and just to be able to support each other. It really was a god send. I would like to take this time to thank the travelway inn staff for all they did for my mom and our family. We will definately be reccommending you!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank angelina j
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Have stayed at this location several times in the past, one of the best parts of this hotel was the restaurant, it has since moved on and into the Science North complex, as it stands right now there is no food in this hotel, hotel itself is still decent, clean rooms, close to Science North (across the street) if thats your interest. Pretty vanilla, nothing negative, nothing positive either.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank dgm999
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We arrived on chance and got a room OK. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable. There is a licensed restaurant in the hotel - Curious Thymes. The menu was not your usual and included Bison burgers and kangaroo steaks and our meals were excellent, though a bit on the expensive side. The fact that I can't think of any more to say about the overnight stay stands testament to a comfortable, hassle free stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patrick G
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We stayed here beginning of June for one night, we didn't book but got 2rooms without hassle. Efficient check in, good size clean rooms at a good rate..we ate at the hotel resteraunt Curious Thymes, limited menu but good quality if a little highly priced, it was a pleasant dining experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Arrived earlier than expected and they were able to handle an early check-in. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and comfortable. Mattress was very good.

Restaurant was an unexpected bonus. We had lunch, dinner and then breakfast. All meals were perfect. Waitress was very friendly.

Science North was across the street and we had a great time there. Will definitely stay there next time we're in Sudbury.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We did not actually stay here because we arrived last minute having taken a friend and her sister (we're from Cambridge & Kitchener) to see her Mom who had had a major stoke that morning and was in the ICU --- the hotel is right beside the hospital. This hotel was recommended to me, but, it was Graduation Weekend! and there were no rooms available anywhere in town! My only choice was to call all the other hotels in town and try to find one that had had a cancellation. However, while I was on the house phone calling my husband telling him I would likely have to drive home that very night (6 hours and it was after midnight). The night manager, Dave was doing that calling for me. I was not aware of that till he signaled to me while I was still on the phone to tell me he had found a place that had a room for us. (I was with my 84 year old Mom). He didn't have to do that, that was above and beyond the call of duty and I can't tell you how grateful I am for his service to me & my Mom and the compassion he had as well for my friend and her family. He knew too that they would have been so worried if they knew that we had to go that night. I would have at least had to drive a 100+km I think to Parry Sound to find another place to spend the night. I have no other comments I can make, but, I'd bet that the other staff are as caring ... it usually goes with the place and one's great personality usually rubs off the others.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends