“Locking Doors before Closing Time”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Swiss Chalet Delivery
Ranked #164 of 344 Restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Sydney, Canada
“Locking Doors before Closing Time”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We were at the Swiss Chalet in Sudbury, Ontario across from the Hampton Inn. After a long day of driving on a very hot day, it was about 9:50 and the Swiss Chalet said it was open until 10:00 pm. But the door was locked. We could see many other people inside eating. Another couple came up as well to eat. We knocked on the door and finally the manager came. He said they were closed. We said your sign says you are open to 10:00 pm. There was silent and no reply. We said it is not 10:00 yet we should be able to come in and eat. He said well all of his clocks say it is 10:00. I showed him my cell phone time which was at about 9:54 now. He then said we could come in but he was not sure what was left in the kitchen. Given his attitude, we left as we did not want to eat left over junk from his kitchen. Clearly, he knew he was wrong in locking his doors before 10:00 pm. We went to Eastside Marios where we had great food and service!

• Visited July 2013

Little Current, Canada
“New Pasta menu”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I went with a friend and we tried the new chicken pasta menu with garlic bread. It was very good but you need to be hungry because you get a lot. The staff is courteous and the service is fast

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank yvonnesellen
Midland, Canada
“Fast and good food”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Service was fast, food was good and hot, price as expected. They were busy but got the order right. Parking and location very close to area hotels.

Visited February 2013
Sudbury Ontario, Canada
“good service cold food”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My wife and I decided to eat at swiss chalet for a nice meal. We had to wait about 15 minutes and there were about 11 open tables. The service as good and the waitress was nice. The food was plentiful but it was cold or not hot!! The waitress asked me if I wanted to return my shrimps but I said I was too hungry

• Visited March 2013
“"Almost" a great meal...lol”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

ok...so...the shrimp platter side deal specified 8 shrimp but one was a mere "portion" of a shrimp. Lol.
We were brought TWO additional shrimp as compensation, embarassingly meeting the "8 shrimp" quota, but as it is their advertised deal, the entree should have been free.
We ordered two hot chicken sandwich meals, and one came with COLD vegetables. This plate hit the microwave and returned with the fries drowned in brown gravy. What happened??
That's one way to get 'em hot!
The West coast salad we shared was actually quite good and salvaged an otherwise disappointing situation.
My table companion was pleased but felt it IS rather difficult to ruin a salad. Lol.
Our server kept composure but didnt have very good resolution to the failings of the kitchen staff. Nor any plan of attack for the cobwebs dangling over my friends $2.69 glass of cola. Eww!
No discounts or "complimentary" apologies were offered....how very inadequate. :(
Not sure I would recommend eating here ....the meal could have been delightful but fell short due to simply not following "standards" of evenly heated meals and proper count of items advertised.
And those requested napkins NEVER did arrive!
$45. + tip......kinda less than thrilled.
Ahhhh, well......maybe next time.