“Great place for overnight stay”
Review of Bob's Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thunder Bay
Bob's Motel
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Thunder Bay
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Ideal for a night or two in Thunder Bay
Clean rooms and inexpensive.
Next door to Boston Pizza and McDonalds.
The only negative is the wifi is iffy.
I stay at Bobs 4 or 5 times a year when passing thru T Bay

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Rrusty1

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

We always stay here very time we come to tbay. We get great service and hes always nice and very accomidating. He even told me that if i didnt want to get in the box of the truck to plug my cord into the plugin i could park by his suv and use his cord. That was very helpful seeing i was to short to reach the plug. But it wasnt needed it was nice in tbay that night. Love this place will ALWAYS come back.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Tadpole1982
Reviewed 26 July 2013

made reservation at Bob's for March 19, & for April 1,2013 as I was flying to vacation in Cuba & I live 65 miles from T.B.
My return flite to TB was late ,1am & had no problem getting my room. Beds were very comfortable, room spotlessly clean & nice and warm.
I spent 25yrs in the hotel business so you would think I was fussy, but hv no complaints with this place. I used to stay at a chain hotel in TB but find $130. a bit much for 1 person/nite. My last vist to Bob's was $72.00 inc. tax

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank william2Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Most of the reviews we read were horrific, but Mexicoanny's recent comments encouraged us to give Bob's Motel a try -- and our experience echoes hers. We were promptly served at reception, our room was recently renovated, and there was nothing to complain about IF you're OK without Wi-Fi and air conditioning, which the staff clearly indicated on the phone they did not have. Comfy beds, nice bed and bath linens, perfectly adequate shower, plus new carpeting, and plenty of TV channels for our needs. We left our room early in the morning to go sightseeing in Thunder Bay, and when we returned, Gary from the front desk hurried up to us to apologize for the fact housekeeping had gone in and started cleaning already. They thought we'd checked out because we'd already packed up our luggage. This is definitely not a luxury resort, but the reasonable price, friendly folks, and good night's sleep made it a pleasant experience for us.

Room Tip: We really liked #33, the last room in the building furthest from reception. To our surprise, it was...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

Probably the worst motel in all of thunder bay. From poor service to poor rooms in n general. The front desk people are always rude and almost every person I know who was stayed here has found something disgusting in their rooms. The only upside is that its located on arthur street but there are tons of nicer hotels on arthur with actual good service. Stay somewhere else! Anywhere would be a better choice

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Taylor P
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I had read very unfavourable reviews but a friend suggested i check it for myself and it provided very decent, basic accommodation. The room, bedding and linens were clearn, microwave worked, windows opened so airy, heat and hotwater very adequate, weekly rate was the best i found for quality. i did not expect the staff to be models of sartorial elegance, nor were they but they were pleasant and helpful. only thing missing was wifi which was unfortunate but i found excellent access and decent espresso at the Seattle Coffeehouse a few blocks away.

Room Tip: ask for non-smoking room;mine was clean, pleasant and simple.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I was visiting Thunder Bay with frugal friends and they booked this hotel, which cost $72/night (I guess that's reasonable for this area). I would not have chosen to stay here and definitely won't stay here again. A resident manager checked us in and I immediately knew what we were in for...he had on shorts, a saggy tanktop, bare feet and BO. Rooms are very dated--old furniture, small old television, no alarm clock, no wi-fi, no shampoo. Luckily, I arrived late and left early the next morning, so I was asleep for 7 of the 8 hours that I occupied the room.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends