“Great Location”

Best Western Thunder Bay Crossroads
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Thunder Bay
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This Inn is right off HWY 61 so if you are doing the circle tour...you can stay and highlight and enjoy Thunder Bay and hop right back on...I found it pretty easy to get around also...it is laid out on a N/S...E/W grid and Arthur street is a main corridor of this side. The hotel has a pretty good breakfast that even as a gluten free person I was able to abide in. It was clean and very quiet...that's a plus...considering is on a fairly busy street with heavy traffic...The front desk staff are great...helpful and mostly knowledgeable. I had many questions as didn't realize was as big a city as it was and that driving to harbor and Blues Fest was on the other side of town...But I found and got back with no trouble...Great place...

Room Tip: Stay on the backside...its pretty quiet...You here other people staying and cars coming in and out...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Stuarttbay, General Manager at Best Western Thunder Bay Crossroads, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words. I hope that you enjoyed the Blues Festival. I know the weather wasn't that great.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Close to the airport (no sounds) with easy parking we enjoyed the warm greeting and easy check-in from Lena. Internet was easy to connect to and speed fine. Nice to have a desk to work from.

Beds were comfortable and all the staff we saw in hallways through the weekend had quick smiles with their hellos. The breakfast area was busy with quick turnover of seats, food choices OK and did the job.

Kudos for the hygienic TV remote they use, first time I have seen that. The TV screen could be a size or two bigger - tennis was tough to follow ball.

Front desk staff Allan & Alex were helpful as we needed to add a second room early the next morning (no marital story here folks...daughter suddenly needed change from her friend's home <G>)

This property has a great staff (so must have a wonderful manager somewhere), a promising exercise area, very good room and great price/value given this is summer travel time.

Hope to get back to T Bay again and stay longer!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DeValera15
Stuarttbay, General Manager at Best Western Thunder Bay Crossroads, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to hear that you had a restful stay with us, and that our staff was pleasant and professional.

We hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

As before, this continues to be my go to hotel in Thunder Bay. I have yet to be dissatisfied with the service. Staff are very friendly, professional and helpful. Internet stays very steady with a fairly quick download speed for basic surfing. Rooms are comfortable, nice bedding and the furniture doesn't give me a sore back as happens in many places I go. Bathrooms are clean and well appointed. The breakfast room is fairly spacious and the food layout is closely watched to ensure there are no issues with missing food items. With an elevator to assist moving luggage, lots of nearby restaurants of varying tastes and other amenities, this is a great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

It is great to see our regular guests. Thank you for your continued business, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I booked 4 nights to attend the wedding of some friends and do some other visiting. The reception was across the street at Naxos (very nice) so I wanted to stay close. A couple of other places close by have gone way down hill from what they used to be and reviews for this place were good, so I thought I'd give it a try. I got a business room for wired internet, fridge/microwave, couch table and desk to make things more homey and allow me to get se work done. I was impresses by the very warm and friendly welcome, including adjustment to a better rate I qualified for. My stay was quiet and restful, breakfast was WAY better than expected (better than plain old continental). I'm very impressed and would very likely stay again. Very clean and comfortable.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jay L
Stuarttbay, General Manager at Best Western Thunder Bay Crossroads, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for the nice comments. I am glad we were able to serve your needs.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We are pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Very clean and comfy. Nice, updated room decor, good breakfast selection. Free parking, no issue parking with our trailer. Convenient location, close to the highway, shopping and restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Stuarttbay, General Manager at Best Western Thunder Bay Crossroads, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We arrived without a reservation due to lack of data and cell connection. Therefore it was with with some relief, after being on the road for ten+ hours to be informed there were rooms available. Although this BW is not a Plus or a Premier the attitude of the evening clerk and the morning clerk reminded me of snooty Paris clerks depicted in movies - we were not welcome (once again the prejudice towards guests not having a credit card). I offered to pay a substantial deposit, they settled on a lower amount but made a great issue as to how difficult it was to make a credit on a debit machine. Poppycock!
I was extremely tired and had no intention of going elsewhere. The internet was so slow we gave up trying to get online for that night. The room was serviceable but nothing overwhelming. I had to request a room not on the first floor as we were three women travelling and it was a relatively busy area. The clerk had at first put us on the first floor.
As usual with BW breakfast it was alright other than the eggs. (I thought I should at least try them).
When I checked out in the morning a great deal was made about crediting my debit - they finally gave me cash. The absolute worse incident was when I was told by one of the morning clerks that I did not have to choose to be a guest at their establishment if I was unwilling to use a credit card. I was absolutely insulted especially how many BWs I had already stayed at and was planning to stay with on my way home. Despicable attitude. Staff must learn how to determine trustworthiness of guests, not make them feel unwelcome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

It is difficult to set a policy that is fair to all guests. Due to some bad experiences in the past the owners have decided to go with a credit card only policy ( in addition to some pre-arranged direct billing). Damages caused by the few cash customers cause unrecoverable expenses for the hotel, and ultimately increased rates to our guests. We do still give the clerk the ability to override the credit card requirement in lieu of a cash deposit. This cash deposit would still not cover all of the potential damages, and the clerk is taking a risk by overriding the policy. On those few occasions that we do allow a cash deposit. We must check the room prior to returning the money. In your case. they took a deposit on the debit machine. For some reason the NEW machine would not refund the amount ( since fixed) so we returned your money in cash.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Everything was good, the service was excellent but....
If your like me and use the internet in the evening, forget it.
It's slow during the day but useless in the evening.
I also have a personal peeve of air conditioning/heaters that don't regulate properly.
This room simply had a dial you set and the fan ran continuously.

1  Thank Joe J