“Cosy,clean but noisy”

Travelodge Thunder Bay ON
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Thunder Bay
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed for the night. Front staff friendly and at least smiling. The rooms are small and clean but got next to the pet and would not let us sleep all night. Complained to front desk but no action, guess they can not do anything.

Room Tip: Check for pet next door before you check in.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lissette M

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was on a short haul with a load for the military to Thunder Bay. I read most of the Trip Advisor for the area and decided to stay here. The staff was beyond pleasant and accommodating for my nights stay. I had room 224.....it was small, cute and perfect. Good laugh, using the tub as it was nice and deep, but when I got in discovered it was short....too funny. Water was hot, pressure amazing. I got a military rate which was excellent. They were even able to supply me with toothpaste when I discovered I gad not packed it.

I checked out to return to Winnipeg the next morning at 0700hrs, and mentioned I was still waiting for a weather update as Winnipeg was under storming weather headed our way. After delivering my load I was advised to stay in Thunder Bay another night and when I called back to the hotel a couple hours later and ask to return, the said no problem, and had my room cleaned by my return at 0900hrs.

Staff is friendly....customer service excellent. If you try and book through the web site and have no luck call direct as I did.

Room Tip: The breakfast needs more options...cold cereal and toast isn't enough...but not enough to get wo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer N
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I went for a medical appointment. Stayed over night of Jan21. The room was cute and cozy, clean and comfortable. Bed and pillows comfy. Front desk check in lady was very nice and helpful. Lots of hot water, good water pressure. Full sized hair dryer wahoo! I did not use the pool. Next time I'll bring my swimsuit. Breakfast was ok, well stocked. Checkout front desk lady also nice. Would go there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Maginettte
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The room itself was clean, had a good bed and TV, but was very cramped. The bathroom was old and small, but well maintained. Pool was nice enough, but there was a weird smell in most of the hallways, and the interior is a bit dingy. We also had to go through six different sets of connecting doorways and weird stairwells to get to our room with our luggage. Overall it did the trick, but we won't be back unless we have no choice, as was the case this time (everywhere else that was halfway decent was booked solid, weirdly enough).

Room Tip: The hallways in the section parallel to the front parking lot seemed cleaner/nicer than other parts...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

For the past year, on every business trip to Thunder Bay, i stayed at the Trvelodge on Memorial Avenue. Great beds to sleep on and a continental breakfast. This past stay was for a family reunion and everyone from out of town booked their stay at the Travelodge and enjoyed their stay as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Tim L
Reviewed 14 August 2013

First room wet floor, second room wet then they sent us to a room with someone in it. Finally the forth room we stayed. 11pm we got to bed. Terrible place. We travelled all day had reservations and it was horrible service. Woke up at 2am to a barking dog next door to our room. All this because we were attending a medical appt for our daughter.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sherry472013
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here on a trip across northern Ontario en route to points west. We arrived with no reservation at about 8:00 pm and, although quite busy, they were able to find us a non-smoking room. I think the best way to describe the overall experience was "adequate".

There were no major disappointments and there was nothing extraordinary. Our queen-sized room was quite small but offered enough room for an evening stay - although probably not much more. The rooms were clean and reasonably well appointed, and included a fridge and a small flat screen TV. Unlike some other reviewers found, our bathroom had no mould and the elevators were working well. The service was fine, especially considering a large group was in the process of checking in and put considerable demand on the staff. There is a nice indoor pool. The price, at $89 seemed quite fair. The location in downtown Thunder Bay was somewhat off the Trans Canada but relatively easy to access and get back on the next morning. There were several restaurants a short walk from the hotel. The included breakfast was very basic (mostly cold offerings) and considerably below the level that we have had at other hotels.

We have stayed at other Travelodges and found that this level of service, cost and accommodation is pretty much what to expect. If we are looking for just basic accommodation for a night then this hotel is adequate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family