“Weekend Wedding Stay”
Review of The Senator Hotel

The Senator Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Timmins
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My entire family stayed two nights for a Wedding weekend. Right from the reservation to the departure the Hotel Staff were very helpful. The rooms were very spacious and clean and above all quiet.
The continental breakfast was awesome and coffee rivalled Starbucks. Hot and tasty .
It was a wonderful wedding weekend with no stress thanks to the staff at this Days Inn.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on inside of the Hotel. Air conditioning works really well.
1  Thank Trudy C
Louise B, General Manager at The Senator Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I am very happy to read that we made your weekend stress free. That is very rewarding to us.
We will continue to do so, do come back soon. Thank you for this review and have a great weekend!

There are newer reviews for The Senator Hotel

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel last weekend, and I had a wonderful experience. Fast check-in, clean room, big breakfast selection, and friendly staff. The room was properly air-conditioned for a hot weekend. Would recommend to anyone staying in the Timmins area. Its close to many amenities and had a great room service option.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cassie S

Thank you very much Cassie. Your comments and review are truly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed the room service option. It's always nice when you just want to stay in your room and relax, watch tv or do work, Have a great weekend!!

Greetings,
Our party of 8 stayed at this hotel for a wedding and it was a great experience. The staff treated me kindly when I asked for directions and were attentive to my requests for extra towels. We stayed on the 6th floor overlooking downtown Timmins over two beautiful sunny days.

The breakfast is a highlight, so don't miss out on the pastries or the eggs. Covered parking is a plus and there was a microwave and a fridge in the room, something we rarely get at hotels double the price of the Days Inn. I used the free wifi on my phone and was surprised by how fast it was. I'm used to heavy traffic and turtle speeds at most hotels, so it would seem the Days has upgraded, though I'm not sure.

Overall, we got an affordable rate and had no complaints. I can echo other reviews that the red lounge chair and ottoman was distinctly and inexplicably comfortable beyond words. You kind of melt into it like some sort of witchcraft. I think I'd go back just to relax in it again.

Cheers,

Justin

Room Tip: It's one of the taller buildings in town, so if you want a view of the cozy downtown charm choos...
2  Thank Justintraveller56

Thank you Justin. The staff will be so delighted to read this. So positive and encouraging. Your comfort is always our priority. Yes please do come back. I would like to meet you.
Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel services were great --- the people so friendly! Rooms were very comfortable and cleaned each day!
Complimentary breakfast offerings were tasty.
Dining room food was excellent! Used the fitness centre and was impressed!

1  Thank Bonnie B

Thank you Bonnie! Always a pleasure to read reviews like this. This is what we are all about,
pleasing our guests and ensuring they come back. Do come back for a visit. Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Louise B, General Manager at The Senator Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed for two nights at the hotel. Our room was very spacious with a fireplace,fridge,microwave and Keurig coffee machine. One of the best things in this room is the big red comfy chair and ottoman! The bed is very comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel as it is central to downtown and has a great morning breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Louise B, General Manager at The Senator Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Oh Patricia I am so glad you commented on the big red comfy chair!!! It does make a statement.
So rewarding to read reviews like this. We get so many compliments on our beds, so much so
guests want to purchase them. That is what our industry is all about. Pleasing you! Thank you and do come back soon!!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

After writing before saying I wouldn't stay here again, I was told there was many improvements and to try again. well I did.

List of improvements
*Rooms have been renovated and beds are nice
*cleaning staff are very friendly and do a great job

List of issues (unfortunately more than improvements)
*had to wait long on check in. Front desk staff rude. Said they were doing me a nice thing and upgrading my room to a deluxe. The funny thing is, I originally booked the deluxe
*parking garage is tight for trucks and no security. While driving in, my young children and my wife and I had the disgusting pleasure of seeing a prostitute servicing someone in the garbage area, while driving in. I later observed there was no lock so anyone could go in. A lot of people were hanging out by there. Very disgusting
*Elevators from parking garage are convenient but not safe. anyone can use them and roam in through the hotel. did not like this
*We were on 4th floor, but there is no up button on elevator, only down. but there is more than 4 floors. Makes no sense, and I ended up having to take the stairs.
*no signs to where ice machines are located
*breakfast is decent, but no gluten free options
*we wanted a sheet for the playpen the hotel supplied, for our son but the front desk clerk didn't have access to any only thick blankets and she couldn't leave the desk as she was totally alone in the building...seems like a health and safety issue to me especially with the non secure building...

overall it is sufficient but not great, if you made it more secure and trained the front desk staff to be more professional, and it would be better. I should have complained at the time but again no managers were available. I paid way too much to stay here

Room Tip: deluxe rooms, don't use parking garage
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mjhoc
Louise B, General Manager at The Senator Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Good afternoon,
I was quite disturbed to read about the problems you encountered at the hotel. I have spoken with our maintenance supervvisor as well as housekeeper in regards to the comfort and safety of our guests. The issues you mentioned were handled today.
As for the "up" elevator button, even if it indicates a down motion, it will take you up. I experienced something very similar in a hotel in Toronto a few weeks ago.
We will also ensure that guest room supplies are well stocked and available for guests at the front desk.
Your comments are very appreciated I assure you.
In closing, please accept my most sincere apologies and I also thank you for your review. Have a great week!!!