“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Taj Tandoori - CLOSED

Le Taj Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Description: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/242/1569444/restaurant/Ontario/Le-Taj-Tandoori-Timmins
South Porcupine, Canada
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

They offered an excellent buffet choice. It was my first time trying this cultures dishes. My friend didn't like her meal and she was offered a menu for her to pick out a Canadian dish.

Visited April 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I've been to Le Taj about three times since moving to Timmins in September. The food is tasty, not the best Indian food I've had--however keep in mind that I'm using to eating home-cooked Indian food at one of my friend's houses, or going to authentic Indian restaurants in Toronto.

I've had the buffet twice, and I feel that they really do dull down the spices to fit their clientele. If you want something to taste really spicy, order it off the menu. I've had the palak paneer with garlic naan off the menu and it was delicious. The buffet could include a bigger variety of Indian food. There always seems to be perogies and friench fries mixed in with the pakoras, butter chicken, and curry.

By far, the best thing about this restaurant are the people that own this place. They are such warm, welcoming, attentive people.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank FloatingIsland
Timmins, Canada
“Delicious Food and Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

The food is delicious and the service is excellent. We didn’t realize the restaurant closed at 8:00 pm on Saturdays and arrived at 7:30. The owners were still happy to seat us even though the other customers were finishing up and leaving. The owners were very attentive and made sure we were enjoying our meal. We were a party of three and ordered the Vegetable Pakoras, Mixed Vegetables, Chicken Tandoori, and Goat Curry, and Naan. The portions were very large, especially for the very reasonable price, and everything was hot, fresh, and tasty. The naan and pakoras were especially good. We also received a complimentary dessert to finish the meal. The owner explained that their chef would be joining them from India at the end of the month (Feb.2013) which means they will be expanding their buffet to weekends as well as weekdays. I’ll definitely be back.

• Visited February 2013
Timmins, Canada
“Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

Le Taj is a nice little restaurant set in a "meat and potatoes" sort of town. The buffet selection isn't huge, but there is just enough so that you can go up twice and try something different every time.

Cleanliness and service are satisfactory. I didn't have the chase down the waitress to have my water re-filled and she always had a smile on her face.

The value is hard to beat. I went for the lunch buffet and it was $13 with tip. Great deal!

I've eaten at several Indian restaurants in Southern Ontario and across The Pond, and I think Le Taj is very good. If I have one complaint, it's that the food in the buffet isn't spicy enough. However, knowing local clientele, this is not surprising. I'm sure If I ordered off of the menu and asked for something a little spicier, I would be accommodated.

Kudos to Le Taj for offering something a little different at a great price.

• Visited January 2013
“By far the best restaurant in Timmins”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

The owners are genuinely nice people and always take the time to come by and say hello. The buffet is a lunch time favourite for my wife and I with Fridays having extra special food. (Chili chicken is a must try) The food on the menu is great and the owners are more than accommodating when it comes to adjusting the spice level ( if you like spicy ask for it). They make the best naan I have ever tried in any Indian restaurant. It's too bad more in Timmins aren't open minded enough to try it, if they were this restaurant would be number one without a doubt.