“Good take-out food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“Good take-out food”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I ordered and picked up take-out food on a Saturday evening. When I went to the restaurant to pick it up, I was a little put off by the untidy area at the back of the restaurant, in front of the kitchen. Also, for 6pm on a Saturday, I thought there should be more tables occupied than the one that I saw. It was my first visit to the restaurant, so I was a little concerned that I had made a poor decision. The lady who took my payment and gave me my food was very nice, so I can say the service seems really good. When I got back to my hotel and started to eat, my concerns were put aside; the food was very good. Although it was a little low on salt for my taste, that was easy to remedy. And the Sechuan beef noodles were the hottest I've ever had. But I learned that I should have taken them out of the take-out container and mixed them up. The top of the container was about a 75 out of 10 on the hotness scale, but the bottom was very mild. All in all, I was a little nervous because of the appearance of the restaurant, but definitely enjoyed the food, and the price was Excellent!

• Visited October 2013

Arlington, Texas
“Double Wow for Encore Chinese”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I live in the U.S. and when I come home to Timmins for a visit, my mom, niece and daughter and I always have our girls' night out at Encore Chinese. It is an amazing, cozy little place in the downtown core of Timmins. Bravo for Encore Chinese-your reputation makes you the best discovery in Northern Ontario. I also have to add that the service is excellent.

A.L. Smith

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Anne Louise S
Belle River, Canada
“Fresh, Fast, Friendly and Fair Prices.”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I would have never found this restaurant except I looked on line and it got such good reviews.
Got into Timmins late and was please to find them open until 9PM on weekdays, was more pleased when I saw so many authentic dishes on their menu. They even customized a dish for me to allow me a lower cost dinner. Atmosphere is basic, food and staff are awesome. Thanks!

• Visited April 2013
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Great Food friendly staff what more can you ask for oh yeah the right price.Downtown Timmins doesn't have much anymore and it is nice just to have a place like this close to home

• Visited January 2013
Timmins, Canada
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Cozy little place, everything is made fresh, sometimes right in front of you. Family ran. Delicious food, friendly service, large servings, always come home with left overs. By far the best place for Chinese in town!

Visited November 2012