“Incredibly friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Timmins
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 1 night. Every staff member we encountered was incredibly friendly, from the front desk, to the breakfast staff to maintenence. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
J0hnCrescenzi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you Trudy for your recent visit and for taking the time to share such a great review with the Tripadvisor.com community. We may be biased, but we do agree that all of our associates are very friendly and that our beds are the most comfortable!! Please come back again, and often.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Front desk was very friendly, and the room was large and very comfortable. I did not have enough time to try out the swimming pool but did enjoy their complimentary breakfast and it was quite good. Coffee was good too. The Bed was Extremely comfortable had no trouble falling asleep. The only one thing that wasn't the greatest was my room faced the highway and its a busy street and can be a bit noisy. My room had a very nice shower (glass doors but no tub) so if you need a tub, you should request a room with tub if available. Also, my room did not have a fridge. As I was there only one night, my room was perfect for me. By the time I got back to my room I was so tired that I had no trouble falling asleep. Its conveniently located across the street from a Petro Canada and a short drive to everything. The courtesy call to see if everything was okay upon my check in was also a nice touch. If ever I was back in town I would have no hesitation to rebook here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CN64
J0hnCrescenzi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you CN64 for your stay, and review of our hotel. Thank you as well for acknowledging the friendliness of our team and good breakfast. Hopefully next time you will be able to enjoy our refreshing pool as well as one of our guestrooms with tubs..... most rooms do have them. You may be happy to know as well that we are putting the final plans together to include both fridges and microwaves in all guestrooms within the hotel, which we anticipate will be completed in the coming months.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Its a tough choice when it comes to hotels in Timmins. Most of the other hotels in that area have gotten so-so to poor reviews which is why my BF chose the Holiday Inn.

I wish I could have given the hotel 3.5 stars because its not horrible, but there were a few issues that surfaced during our stay (6 days) that should be addressed by management.

The good:

Located downtown (although most of the downtown core is shuttered now because of businesses that went out of business). Ideally situated next to two grocery stores (right next door), Value Village (love visiting these for inexpensive books) and a Wendy's.

Its a new hotel, which gives it a sleek look. The breakfast buffet (which is free of charge) is good and the selection was pretty good. The front desk staff were very, very nice. Always saying good morning or good evening and even the managers were nice and made sure to say hi.

Now for the so-so:

The rooms are well appointed with big screen tvs and are a nice size, however, they are dusty, dusty. In the 6 days we were there, they did not vacuum once, nor did they dust which is a problem because the furniture is all black and the dust really, really shows. They did a good job of cleaning the bathrooms though.

The bad:

On two of the nights, some of the guests on our floor (second) decided to play bowling in the hallways at midnight with empty beer cans. They were also yelling so loudly - obviously they had been attending some kind of functions with alcohol -they were loooudd and noisy. Then they decided to go smoking outside in the front of the hotel that happened to be right under our window. I could NOT believe that they were 20 feet from the front desk staff and they were not told to keep it down. Similarly, I cannot believe that they were going up and down the elevators and playing bowling without the front desk staff being aware, really?????

Also (and I realize that this not the fault of the hotel directly) but there are rooms facing the main road and wow, you can hear all the traffic, including a ton of huge trucks and a ton of cars with "soup can" exhausts (I have never been in a town with so many cars with this type of exhaust) and you can hear them ALL going up and down the road by the hotel. It would have been great for the hotel to perhaps do some kind of double glass or something to guard towards this noise (but, as I mentioned, its not necessarily the hotel's fault).

Overall, I did not hate this hotel, but it needs some work.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of the hotel if you have an issue with noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nitestar
J0hnCrescenzi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you Nitestar for your 6 night stay with us, and your follow up online review. Please accept our apologies for the shortcoming in the cleanliness of your guestroom. I will be sure to follow up with our Housekeeping Manager on this issue specifically as well as our Front Desk team in regards to the concern of noisy guests. While these issues are not indicative of the service we strive to provide, nor are they common occurrences, they are likely a sign of some additional training that may be required. Thank you as well for speaking of our convenient downtown location, well appointed guestrooms, breakfast selection and friendly staff.
We hope to welcome you back again soon and will do all we can to earn a 5 star review.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights, both of them great. Very spacious rooms, lighting could be improved upon, but no other complaints.
The breakfast was very good, and free with the room. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Timmins.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a central location with all the amenities, this is the hotel for you and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
J0hnCrescenzi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you Therese for the 5 star review of our new property here in Timmins and for recognizing the efforts of our team to provide a clean, friendly place for all to stay. We look forward to welcoming you back as your travels allow.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I stay in a lot of hotels that are fancier and more expensive than the Holiday Inn Express Timmins, but there always seems to be one or more things wrong.
Not this place! EVERYTHING works. Everything is brand new and in perfect condition. Not one problem. Comfortable, spacious rooms, plush beds and linens, convenient parking, friendly involved staff, squeaky clean, fast wifi, good hot breakfast. This place has it all. I would not stay anywhere else.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
J0hnCrescenzi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you Gwilym for your excellent review of our hotel and the service you received. It's always nice to know when and where we are exceeding our guests expectations, as it tells us that we are on the right track in the goals we have set for our brand new hotel. Please come back again, and often.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Picked this hotel over others because it has king sized beds as well I could use my points -so it was free for me. The hotel itself is fairly new and the property and rooms are clean. Our room was extremely spacious. However the bed was as hard as a rock - reminded me of beds in the more budget chains (I guess Holiday Inn Express is supposed to be budget?). The room was also fairly noisy - the heater/AC had an extremely loud fan (not quite jet engine level) however fortunately the room temperature with the system off stayed comfortable. There was no bathtub, but a shower big enough for two. Location is central "downtown" but if you are looking for a restaurant there is nothing withing walking distance other than maybe inside the Days Inn across the street. Overall the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and parking was very convenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
J0hnCrescenzi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you WorldExec for taking the time to share a review of our hotel and for recognizing the helpfulness and friendliness of our associates. I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you in greater details about the deficiencies noted in your guestroom. While we often receive excellent comments about the comfort of our beds and whisper quiet heating units, you may have alerted us to a problem that we would certainly want to investigate further. As it remains a goal of ours to earn an excellent review from all our guests and, in turn, increase loyalty for our midscale Holiday Inn Express brand, we will do all within our ability to address any issues brought to our attention. We hope you will choose to call us "home" on a return visit to Timmins.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Express during a business trip to Timmins. The hotel was cleaner than many luxury hotels in which I've stayed. It was in a great location for where we needed to go and we were able to explore Timmins on foot with a map supplied by the check-in desk staff. We discovered a hand-made pasta shop, a used bookstore with a great collection, and a beautifully designed library.

The staff was extremely friendly--always making eye contact, saying hello, and smiling. The breakfast was solid, included vegan options, and the woman overseeing it was delightful in both French and English. The front desk accommodated storing our valuables and after we checked out they stored our luggage until our flight. Their guest laundry was very convenient and inexpensive, enabling me to pack light and to go home with clean clothes.

The quality of the internet connection didn't allow me to have clear picture and sound when skyping with folks in Toronto, but that's likely not due to the hotel.

Room Tip: I had an odd numbered room on the 5th floor and it was silent both weekdays.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MargaretRobinson

Thank you Margaret for your recent two night stay with us, and for taking the time to share such a great review with the Tripadvisor.com community. Thanks you as well for recognizing the cleanliness levels that we work hard to maintain here in the hotel.. We're glad that you were able to explore the area and take the time to enjoy our recently updated breakfast offering. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.