“cold winter night”
Review of Chaumiere Restaurant - CLOSED

Chaumiere Restaurant
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I went to this restaurant with my friend, and this was the first time we both have ever been there, and let me say that the service was SO SO bad. When we got there it was 7:10 pm and right off the bat the waitress told us that they close at 8:00 pm, and the way she said it was like she wanted to to turn around and leave, 2 other women can in right after us and she was the same with them.
We ordered our food and she only came the table once to see how we where doing. When we where done our food she did not ask how things where and put the bill on the table and walked away. she tried the same thing with the other 2 women, but they asked about dessert, the waitress was not happy about that at all, they payed for the bill, and my friend and I called a cab, we where asked to wait out side in the cold at -27c. the door was locked behind us. Will I ever return, No the customer service was so bad. I would pass and go to Siva's

There are newer reviews for Chaumiere Restaurant

Reviewed 28 September 2013

After reading the many positive reviews of this restaurant I decided to meet a colleague there for breakfast. The restaurant has a homely Quebecois feel and it certainly helps if you speak French. We had the standard fare of bacon and eggs, home-fries and toast which was average at best and probably a lot better than eating the hotel all inclusive breakfast I was offered?
The location is central and service was friendly.

1  Thank NewmarketWally
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Very friendly staff. Prompt service. Restaurant was recommended from hotel staff. Take out to our hotel room so we could easily enjoy our meal in the room.

1  Thank Helene H
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Restaurant La Chaumiere is located near down town at 32 Mountjoy St N which is across the street from the Holiday Inn and Days Inn and while the ownership has changed several times, the atmosphere is much as it was 50 years ago.
The food is best described as home style with very generous portions. There are several daily specials. The bilingual menu makes food selection easy.
The restaurant is liquor licensed.
The waitress was very friendly and accommodation.
There is a parking lot but I still had to park a block away on the street.
I ordered the pan fried pickerel which was very good with a large portion of salad, mashed potatoes home style gravy and a carrots a peas mix that was probably from a can and could easily have been omitted and not missed (Fresh carrots should be available year round).
The food was attractively presented.
Also has a great breakfast starting early.
Take out is also available.

3  Thank Roadrat1948
Reviewed 23 January 2013

It's been a Timmins staple for ever but it is always nice to return to old favorites good food large portions.Fast and friendly staff always makes for a good visit

1  Thank Ticon2005