“want to feel like home?”
Review of Toronto Garden Inn

Toronto Garden Inn
Ranked #7 of 117 Toronto B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“want to feel like home?”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hi, I am Dr. Khan.
I found this small palace in the heart of Toronto downtown. Before I reached the main door a nice man with a smiling face had opened the door for me. After saying hello he rushed towards my taxi and lift my luggage. His behaviour was just like he knows me from many years and provided me a very warm welcome. This home is very tidy with clean bathrooms. The kitchen was full of mouthful and fresh food stuff. The two owner were very helping and friendly. This was really a place you want away from your home. Try once and you will go there every time when you will be in town.

Room Tip: Jasmine room is good value for your money
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dr Mansoor K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Castries, St. Lucia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The minute i entered the hotel; i felt a warmth from the welcome to the smiles on the receptionist face. Unbelievable is the word to use for how the treated me.....Like a king in heaven. I was in the corner suites and the view was awesome. As for the food, it was finger licking good; i could say that it was better than KFC if it's not throwing shade at them. I would say you should make this your next vacation stop!

Room Tip: the suites to the corner are large and sunny
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We went there for the weekend. Location was good, it was easy to walk everywhere in the city.
I think owner is really easy going, when you get there, there an envelope for you with a code to enter and you just find your room. Breafast was the same way, everything is on the table and you just take what you feel for. He could have welcome us a bit more, since he was there when we arrived...and because he didn't say anything, we supposed we just go in our room. Was a bit strange !
I was a bit disapointed by our room. The bed was supposed to be king size, however it was two single beds putted next to each other... that was not convient for sleeping as a couple. All the rooms are on the second floor, excepted ours, witch was between the kitchen and the reception/living room. I think privacy was maybe better on the other rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elisabeth444
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had a nice stay at Toronto Garden Inn. Besides being conveniently located near downtown area, based on many other criteria as far as what a B&B should offer , Toronto Garden Inn scores high in my opinion. I really enjoyed my stay at Toronto Garden Inn.
My only critique is that I would have liked to have the option to have my own private bathroom. That's all.
I would like to especially thank Bryan for his great hospitality.

I. Sadikoglu

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Really enjoyed my stay in this great location within easy reach of streetcar, downtown, restaurants etc..The lights on the tree outside were always a welcome sight when returning 'home' for the evening. A very, varied self- serve breakfast sets you off for the day and host Bryan was most friendly and always helpful. I would certainly stay at Garden Inn again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Armstrong Station, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Awesome place...way cheaper than those expensive hotels and if you are a returning guest, the rates are usually cheaper. I always try and stay here...it close to downtown shopping and access to transit is either seconds or minutes away. The host is knowledgeable and super friendly...and the breakfast is usually healthier. And if you have a request for breakie...then they accommodate on that too! Good work, gentlemen.

Room Tip: In the summer I prefer the Trillium...and in the winter, any room on the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was my first B&B experience, and I found it to be quite lovely. The Inn was warm and welcoming, with a historic charm. The 3rd floor room was beautiful, architecturally unique, and very cozy. Noise from other guests did not travel easily, which I appreciated. The Inn host was quiet but kind and thoughtful. The location was just east of downtown, a little off-the-beaten-path, which I enjoyed. There is only one full bathroom, which could be difficult when all of the rooms are booked, though this was not the case for us, traveling during the week. The street was lined with beautiful homes, though patches of the neighborhood were a bit "sketchy" (though not enough to deter me from walking at night). Overall, it was a lovely experience, and I would be happy to return.

Room Tip: The third floor was beautiful, spacious, and the only room on the floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple