“Excellent”
Review of Toronto Garden Inn

Toronto Garden Inn
Ranked #7 of 118 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My boyfriend and I only stayed for 2 nights. The complimentary breakfast was simple, but we didn't have time for breakfast so I can't really comment on it. We stayed in the jasmine room, there was a queen size bed, a small vanity and a small tv. The bathroom is shared which is my only problem. Otherwise, it's quiet and within walking distance of downtown Toronto.

Room Tip: If you are planning on staying for longer than 3 days, I suggest renting out the basement suite. The...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Friendly staff, fantastic food, great location. Visiting Toronto for a weekend I was lucky enough to stumble onto this place. The staff really is excellent and will go out of their way to treat you to a+ level service. I would pick this place again any day over any of the other hotels in Toronto I've visited.
Stayed in the Begonia room and it was great. Nice new big screen tv and barely any sounds from outside or elsewhere.

Room Tip: Only tried the Begonia room and it was small but perfect for my needs.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hi, I am Dr. Khan.
I found this small palace in the heart of Toronto downtown. Before I reached the main door a nice man with a smiling face had opened the door for me. After saying hello he rushed towards my taxi and lift my luggage. His behaviour was just like he knows me from many years and provided me a very warm welcome. This home is very tidy with clean bathrooms. The kitchen was full of mouthful and fresh food stuff. The two owner were very helping and friendly. This was really a place you want away from your home. Try once and you will go there every time when you will be in town.

Room Tip: Jasmine room is good value for your money
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dr Mansoor K
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The minute i entered the hotel; i felt a warmth from the welcome to the smiles on the receptionist face. Unbelievable is the word to use for how the treated me.....Like a king in heaven. I was in the corner suites and the view was awesome. As for the food, it was finger licking good; i could say that it was better than KFC if it's not throwing shade at them. I would say you should make this your next vacation stop!

Room Tip: the suites to the corner are large and sunny
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We went there for the weekend. Location was good, it was easy to walk everywhere in the city.
I think owner is really easy going, when you get there, there an envelope for you with a code to enter and you just find your room. Breafast was the same way, everything is on the table and you just take what you feel for. He could have welcome us a bit more, since he was there when we arrived...and because he didn't say anything, we supposed we just go in our room. Was a bit strange !
I was a bit disapointed by our room. The bed was supposed to be king size, however it was two single beds putted next to each other... that was not convient for sleeping as a couple. All the rooms are on the second floor, excepted ours, witch was between the kitchen and the reception/living room. I think privacy was maybe better on the other rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elisabeth444
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had a nice stay at Toronto Garden Inn. Besides being conveniently located near downtown area, based on many other criteria as far as what a B&B should offer , Toronto Garden Inn scores high in my opinion. I really enjoyed my stay at Toronto Garden Inn.
My only critique is that I would have liked to have the option to have my own private bathroom. That's all.
I would like to especially thank Bryan for his great hospitality.

I. Sadikoglu

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Really enjoyed my stay in this great location within easy reach of streetcar, downtown, restaurants etc..The lights on the tree outside were always a welcome sight when returning 'home' for the evening. A very, varied self- serve breakfast sets you off for the day and host Bryan was most friendly and always helpful. I would certainly stay at Garden Inn again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo