“Impressive, Great Stay”
Review of Toronto Garden Inn

Toronto Garden Inn
Ranked #7 of 117 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I spend 5 nights at the Toronto Garden Inn. Location is superb, in a small and quite street. I walked or bike to all the main tourist attractions.

The room was spotless and comfortable, I felt welcome at all times. The bathrooms was also very spacious and clean. The shower had good water pressure. Breakfast was great. There was a lot to choose from. Especially I would like to mention the hospitality of the owners who went out of their way to ensure I am having a good stay. They recommended places to go and how to get there. Wissam and Miko and of course Bryan are cool and amazing. Super helpful and really care about their guest - thanks so much guys! you are delightfully friendly and helpful.

Overall I highly recommend the Toronto Garden Inn to those who appreciate small and intimate hotels and excellent location.

Cem (Denver / Colorado)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cem C
There are newer reviews for Toronto Garden Inn

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at Toronto Garden Inn for 5 nights while attending a conference. It was a pleasant, uneventful and smooth stay at a fraction of the cost of other hotels I'd been recommended. Kudos to the hosts Wissam (Sam), Bryan and Miko for their great attitude and hard work to make this place a true home away from home. They are great conversationalists and do all they can to make you feel comfortable.

I booked very late when the hotel was pretty full, so I stayed in the Orchid Room for 1 night and then moved to the Jasmine Room. Wissam was very thoughtful when booking the rooms to make sure I won't have to move more than once.

I arrived in the late afternoon, after "reception hours", so I got a welcome note on the front door from Bryan - very sweet! They leave notes for guests quite often and it's a great personal touch. I had to head out early in the morning before switching rooms, so I let the team know I'd move my things out to the (beautiful vintage) lounge area downstairs. When I came back that day, Bryan had been very kind to move my things to the Jasmine Room.

Both rooms were clean and cozy, with a lovely decor and comfortable beds. The stairs and floors were a teeny bit creaky but that only added to the charm for me. The shared bathrooms were compact, clean, new and well lit. The hotel is undergoing a renovation right now, so the backdoor garden is all new also. It's a lovely quiet place to relax after a long day, or on a lazy afternoon.

Breakfast is DIY all the way, just like you're at home. The counters and fridge are bursting with delicious food that the guys restock every few days - cereal, bagels, pastries, spreads, cheese and cold cuts, fruit and veggies, nuts, milk (regular and soy), juices, teas and coffee. There are even eggs in the fridge if you have the time or desire for a heartier breakfast.

Breakfast is also a great time to chat with the other guests of the hotel. I met very interesting folks, mainly artists - a photographer of Roma people around the world, a bassoon player who'd come for an audition, a painter from Quebec fascinated with horror movies, and a couple of animators who'd come for a festival. They made breakfast a truly memorable experience, rather than just a meal.

The hotel was some distance away from my conference location but I found the walk enjoyable. The building is in a small, pretty, quiet street with lots of greenery. Parts of the general neighborhood may look sketchy at night to some people. A cab driver told me it's not very safe to walk around at night but I didn't really have trouble going back after dark.

We had a bit of a glitch with the credit card reader when I was checking out, but it was resolved fairly quickly. Set aside half an hour for checkout just in case.

All in all, a great stay and highly recommended!

Room Tip: Best to book one of the rooms on the second floor because it's closest to the bathroom and if yo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Loved the neighborhood. I stayed in the Orchid room 2 nights with my girlfriend. Bryan and the other managers couldn't be more hospitable. They did a fantastic job of making breakfast and talking about the city. The price was very reasonable. Their garden makes the place nicer than just a place to sleep. I would definitely pick this place next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Orchid room on the ground floor does have foot traffic going to the kitchen, so another room could b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My partner and I stayed here 3 nights and enjoyed every minute. Sam, Miko and Bryan are personable and gracious hosts and went out of their way to make us comfortable. They were very knowledgeable about restaurants, bars and sites to see. We stayed in the Orchid room on the main floor. It is very spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. Miko had recently made significant improvements on the garden area that adjoins the kitchen. It is both beautiful and peaceful as well as a perfect place to sip a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the afternoon. The kitchen is spacious and colorful and the breakfast offerings were both varied and delicious. If you are looking for comfort, good location and value then look no further.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our daughter stayed here for 10 days while attending an opera workshop. It is a very welcoming and comfortable place to stay and the owners were VERY helpful in advice. They took her under their wing as if she were family. Thanks to Miko and Sam for their hospitality and willingness to help. We would book here again. Very close to Yonge Street and Church and walkable to many sightseeing spots. The breakfast was "on your own" and lots of choices available. There was room in the fridge if she wanted to cook. :) :) :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here 4 nights in May and enjoyed the friendly and homely atmosphere greatly. The place is spotlessly clean and well kept, and the common living room has vintage furniture to carry your imagination to think of how living here must have been in the past. I received good instructions how to reach the place in a late hour, although in the dark in the residential street I first did not recognize the house. A pretty garden was under construction while I was there. Breakfast was also suitably variable and coffee good! Only downsizes are the rather shabby neighbourhood and a shared (but tidy and comfortable) bathroom. However, this place is very good value for money. It is possible to reach places downtown by foot. I heartily recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My boyfriend and I only stayed for 2 nights. The complimentary breakfast was simple, but we didn't have time for breakfast so I can't really comment on it. We stayed in the jasmine room, there was a queen size bed, a small vanity and a small tv. The bathroom is shared which is my only problem. Otherwise, it's quiet and within walking distance of downtown Toronto.

Room Tip: If you are planning on staying for longer than 3 days, I suggest renting out the basement suite. The...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple