“Amazing Potential-Great food”

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Potential-Great food”
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I've had the pleasure of eating at the Bistro three times thus far- each time i brought new customers and they loved it. It is time for Caribbean consumers to support each other. Take time to drop suggestions in the box or speak to the owner in order for her to improve.

I recommend the Caribbean Bistro to anyone who wants home coked food for a great price from a great business owner- Pholourie and tamarind sauce is always a treat

Toronto, Canada
“Best CARIBBEAN FOOD ever!!!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I am from Barbados and have traveled and lived in Trinidad and many other islands. My husband and I have been to the Caribbean Bistro often and absolutely love it!! They serve some of the BEST CARIBBEAN FOOD we have ever had, in the Caribbean and outside. It definitely is the best food I've found in Toronto.

Last night we brought our visiting parents to the Caribbean Bistro and they were very very impressed. My mother (who is very particular about her roti) declared it one of the best meals she has had in years. The place has my mom's stamp of approval which equals about a 20 star rating :)

The atmosphere at the Caribbean Bistro is casual, warm, and friendly. The owner is friendly and welcoming. The food is prepared fresh, so there is a little wait, but it is worth it! If you want good Caribbean food in Midtown (heck, in the GTA), then visit the Caribbean Bistro and enjoy!

Toronto
“Bad Trini Home Cooked Food”
Reviewed 7 July 2010

As a fellow Trinidadian, I was thrilled to see that a Trini-run restaurant had opened up in my Yonge & Eglinton neighbourhood. I would no longer have to treck it all the way down to Queen west to get a good curried chicken roti... To my dismay, the food was less than average. The chicken curry was watered down and the aloo pies we ordered had been heated up by microwave and were rubbery. The service was good, very personal, but this cooking wouldn't stand up to any restaurant in the Caribbean, or most of the other Trini/Guyanese restaurants in Toronto. Sorry Caribbean Bistro, I wish you were better...

1 Thank lunabcn