My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in the suite on the third floor for two nights. Please see photos.
Roberta was a gracious host and an excellent cook. The first morning, she cooked us quiche that was served with capuccino, abundant fruits, yogurt and bread. The second morning was blueberry pancakes (delicious!!).
Roberta's B & B attracts a very international crowd (including us - we are from Tokyo) and staying at the same time were Canadian-Peruvian couple and Thais who were all attending a University of Alberta Graduate School reunion in Toronto.
Below are some things about this B & B that I appreciated.
1. There was a washer-dryer in our suite. However, I noted that there was a communal washer-dryer room on the second floor for the smaller rooms.
2. Garage at the back of the house (there are two- be sure to reserve in advance, also being unfamiliar with layout of Canadian homes in this area, it never occurred to us that we had to take the narrow path off Euclid Ave. to get to the garage.)
3. Complimentary bottled water in the fridge
4. Coffee maker
5. Excellent breakfasts
6. Modern, clean bathrooms
I hope to return to this B & B if/when I get back to Toronto in the near future. Thank you Roberta for the wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully restored and renovated Victorian home in great south Annex location, close to Little Italy and University of Toronto. Two minute walk to public transportation. Full vegetarian breakfasts, also catering to special diets. Rooms have 4 piece ensuite bathrooms, flat screen TV, A/C, ceiling fans, telephone and wireless high speed internet. Central heating. King /Twin and Queen bedrooms, and one-bedroom apartments, all with additional high-end sofabeds for additional guests. Prices include full gourmet breakfast (optional), all amenities, hot and cold beverages in room or suite, local calling, high speed internet and onsite parking. Children welcome. Adorable pug dogs in residence. Excellent contemporary art collection for your viewing pleasure. Open all year. ... more less