“Doesn't get much better than this.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Annex Garden Bed & Breakfast and Suites
Ranked #7 of 116 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I spent 3 nights at the Annex Garden in late September 2012 with my girlfriend. We had the king suite, and it was actually fit for royalty. The house has been restored with lots of attention to detail, and the amenities are top-notch. Our room had everything we needed to get a bit of work done, relax and sleep. It was a bit cold for the patio (reached via our washroom), but in the summer that would've been a prime spot for a bottle of wine. Soap and shampoo, a bar fridge, Keurig coffee maker, robes, restaurant listings, wine glasses and towel-warmer were all details that put this B&B a step above. The furniture is an interesting mix of new and old, but maintains both functionality and aesthetic appeal. I also noted the artwork adorning the walls, as there are some fantastic pieces around the house! As for Roberta, she is a gracious host who makes a wonderful double espresso. We enjoyed a few nice long chats with her over yummy breakfasts.

I have stayed at several B&B's, and this was by far the best. I would take this over an apartment rental any day! If any of my friends are visiting Toronto, I will be sure to point them to the Annex Garden. This place has value, location, friendliness, and luxury. I couldn't have asked for more.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RWGene
There are newer reviews for Annex Garden Bed & Breakfast and Suites

Reviewed 3 September 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in the suite on the third floor for two nights. Please see photos.

Roberta was a gracious host and an excellent cook. The first morning, she cooked us quiche that was served with capuccino, abundant fruits, yogurt and bread. The second morning was blueberry pancakes (delicious!!).

Roberta's B & B attracts a very international crowd (including us - we are from Tokyo) and staying at the same time were Canadian-Peruvian couple and Thais who were all attending a University of Alberta Graduate School reunion in Toronto.

Below are some things about this B & B that I appreciated.
1. There was a washer-dryer in our suite. However, I noted that there was a communal washer-dryer room on the second floor for the smaller rooms.
2. Garage at the back of the house (there are two- be sure to reserve in advance, also being unfamiliar with layout of Canadian homes in this area, it never occurred to us that we had to take the narrow path off Euclid Ave. to get to the garage.)
3. Complimentary bottled water in the fridge
4. Coffee maker
5. Excellent breakfasts
6. Modern, clean bathrooms

I hope to return to this B & B if/when I get back to Toronto in the near future. Thank you Roberta for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I spent 2 days in this bautiful B&B in Toronto. Roberta (the owner) already sent us all the necessary informations: code to enter in the house, how to park, where our room was located.
The house was spotless, very well furnished. Roberta cooked delicious breakfast!
Annex Garden B&B is very well served by streetcar with which reach the city center (CN tower is 20 minutes walking).
We really enjoyed our stay there and I really recommend it.
Luciana

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful bed and breakfast for 3 weeks. I was so happy with my choice! Not only is this B&B in a fantastic neighbourhood (great restaurants and shops within a 1 minute walk), but Roberta is the most gracious host! She has really taken the time to ensure that every detail is just right! The house has been beautifully restored and the breakfasts are wonderful.

The queen room (on the 3rd floor) is spacious, newly renovated (and air conditioned) and has its own private ensuite bathroom. It also has a very comfortable single seat couch that pulls out into a single bed, a flat screen TV, wireless internet, desk and beautifully decorated bathroom (with a towel warmer). Just outside the door is your own personal mini fridge and coffee maker (very very practical).

I would certainly stay here again!! Amazing!

Room Tip: Queen room has private ensuite and this is one of the two rooms with most A/C benefit (colder).
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Shyve
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Roberta Ferrence is a great host. Her pugs are adorable and the breakfasts are excellent. The rooms are fantastic. We hav stayed in the original Annex Garden location in Toronto's Annex and the 2nd one on Euclid. Can't wait to stay at the new one!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EPMcK
Reviewed 3 July 2012

On a recent trip to Toronto, my partner and I stayed at the Annex Garden. It is a perfectly restored grand victorian oasis in a vibrant, urban neighborhood. Roberta, the host, knows how to make guests feel like they're home. It's sweet without being pretentious, and her dogs (two quirky pugs) add to the charm. Parking is included which is huge, since there are street parking restrictions in the neighborhood. Make sure you request a parking spot if you're driving in. You wont really need a car while you're there, since restaurants, shops and attractions are an easy walk or trolley ride away. Again, Roberta's advice was spot-on - taking the stress out of how to get from point A to point B.
Breakfasts are hearty, and include coffee drinks made to order. It's just one giant cut above most other b&b's in the area. In terms of comfort, convenience and hospitality, you get way more than you pay for and it is certainly the best value you'll find in Toronto.

Room Tip: there are two very spacious apartments which are totally decked. The second floor front room has a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This was was second visit to the Annex Garden B & B and will not be my last. The location, house, room, and breakfasts were top notch. If either in Toronto for business or holidays, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo