“Good and Fast”

Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Edmonton, Canada
“Good and Fast”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I like this restaurant. Nice family establishment. Good food and fast service. They don't mind that I sit alone and read a magazine.

Visited May 2012

Toronto
“Singaporeans? Don't Bother”
Reviewed 28 April 2009

Dude. You cannot serve Chicken Rice without chilli and black sauce.
When I asked for black sauce, the chef had no idea what I asked for.
Then he gave me this sweet black sauce mixed with oil...

Ok, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't Singaporean food.

And I can get good food cheaper from any Pho restaurant.

Oh yeah, and to be totally Singaporean about this, the waiter like very bo chap like that.

toronto
“Pretty decent, better than I expected and satisfies craving”
Reviewed 25 March 2009

Me and my family are from Malaysia. I've been to other so-called Malaysian restaurants and left extremely disappointed. However, we (my relatives and I -- a group of 8) left Laksa feeling pretty satisfied, which says a lot because it is very difficult to capture the essence of Malaysian/ Singaporean food without the hawkers stalls, the humidity and, well, 'grit' of being in Malaysia.

That said, the restaurant is very clean, the service was standard for restaurants in the area, and the food was better than expected. We ordered lots of Malaysian and non-Malaysian dishes: spring rolls, mango salad (they used fresh basil!!), curry laksa, nasi lemak, green curry, red curry, veggie fried noodles, seafood rice (ok), chicken rice and satay (thick peanut sauce!). The price is very reasonable.

Overall, I would go again, especially when I get a craving or want something different than usual chinese or vietnamese restaurants in the area.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Toronto is lacking Malaysian restaurants, and although Laksa is not exclusively a Malaysian restaurant, it has a number...”
Reviewed 14 January 2009

Toronto is lacking Malaysian restaurants, and although Laksa is not exclusively a Malaysian restaurant, it has a number of Malay dishes that makes this place worth visiting. The service is friendly, place is clean, and food is excellent!

I was in Malaysia (and my wife is Malaysian) last year, and crave the street foods. Although this is not the same, it's pretty good. Price is very decent too.

And if you are looking for the famous Penang Assam Laksa, you won't find it anywhere else in toronto but here! Hard to believe, but the Assam Laksa here is better than one of the places we tried in Penang of all places!

Try it, order the Malay dishes. I'm sure the Thai dishes are good too.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Toronto
“Graving Malaysian Food?”
Reviewed 14 January 2009

Try it, order the Malay dishes. I'm sure the Thai dishes are good too.