“Immaculate!”

Ranked #35 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Immaculate!”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We have had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Toronto. Our room, a Jacuzzi Suite, was immaculate and all the staff friendly and accommodating. The location was excellent for making our way around the city in cabs. We look forward to returning here on our next getaway to Toronto!

Room Tip: You may wish to ask for a room not facing Peter Street. The nightclub across the street was rather l...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Polish first
Temecula, California
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The start to my first Toronto trip was going well until I tried checking into the Hilton. My reservation could not be found and as I sat for 20 plus minutes in the lobby I was preparing myself to write a not so nice review of the staff. Although there appeared to have been some attempt to help me it just seemed like I was not a priority. I was finally checked into the hotel and given room keys for a room on the 11th floor. I immediately opened the blinds hoping a view of the city but instead I was looking at a lady working away at her desk; my heart sank. I was not going to enjoy this (I have traveled a lot or pleasure and business) this was bad.
I picked up the phone and called the front desk a lady with a pleasant voice and attitude told me she will see what she can do about the room. Fifteen minutes later there was a knock at the door, it was Felissa, saying she had a couple of options to look at. The new room was awesome but it was the treatment from Felissa that made the experience one of the best I have had in my travels so far that has taken me to four continents, many Caribbean islands and Hawaii. I plan to visit Toronto every 5 to 6 weeks over the next 52 weeks. As a result of my experience with Felissa, I am making the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown by preferred place to stay. Customer satisfaction through excellent customer service builds loyal clients. Felissa, thank you for helping make my initial stay in Toronto memorable.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Winchester, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2013

One of my favourite small hotels in the core. Large comfortable rooms, terrific beds, decent amenities, great staff, valet parking (but don't bring a truck - it won't fit down their vehicle elevator), and all just a few steps from King West. The staff are great here, I find, always cheerful and helpful. Room immaculately clean every time I stay here.

The resto on the second floor offers up great food for the breakfasts and dinners I've eaten there a number of times, good range of choices, decent price for the core, good bar service, and great (fast) room service.

The spa shower rooms are a nice upgrade for a special occasion or just to enjoy on your own. I like this place. I find it expensive sometimes so I pick and choose my dates. Pillows aren't great - everything else is!

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room there yet.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed here last week as the Hilton was oversold. I likely paid more than twice the going rate that week due to the lack of rooms overall in the downtown core, so I would give the value aspect of this property a 2/5 stars.

The lobby was well kept, and all staff were incredibly friendly and ready to please at all times.
The room was large and clean, and I loved the fact there was a stand in shower and not a bathtub. The bed was quite firm however, and although it was meant to be an "Air" bed and adjust, I believe mine was not functioning.

The fitness center, although very small, was actually a bit more well appointed than I had anticipated for a garden inn. Pool and hot tub were a bonus after a long day, especially considering the Hilton downtown removed their hot tub during their pool deck makeover a few years ago.

The restaurant was Ok - service was good, and the food was so-so, aside from the potstickers which were great! The breakfast service was a little less consistent than the dinner service, however the quality of the food was quite good. That said the $20 4 slice residential toaster is not adequate to keep up with the volume of toasting that happens there in the morning. Waiting 15 minutes to use the toaster, and then another 5 minutes for toast which still isn't toasted properly is a complete waste of time - if it's busy and you want toast best to go somewhere else for breakfast.

Location of the property is great - just down on king there are a number of restaurants to the east and west, and it's generally walkable at night.

Room Tip: South facing rooms would likely be the best - they may offer a view of the CN tower.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. It is well located in downtown Toronto. A lot of interesting sites are within walking distance....the Royal Ontario Museum, the historic distillery district, Old Town to name a few. We slept very well in a quiet and comfortable room. We would go back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pierre M
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Liked everything about the hotel--comfort, space and proximity to entertainment. The pool facility was being worked on, that's my only quibble. Great place the check in for a few days while you adjust to the time zone. Restaurants line the adjacent street.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Stayed at this hotel with some family members and it was a great place to stay as it was literally steps from the club that we went to that night. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel itself was very clean and comfy. Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends