“Straightforward and comfortable”

Ranked #39 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Washington, DC, United States
“Straightforward and comfortable”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The most comfortable and convenient hotel if you're spending a week watching films at the TIFF Bell Lightbox. Especially if you're an international film/media professional, and by that I mean out-of-town, independent filmmaker, the free wifi is a great boon. Onsite pool and gym are also very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It was pleased with my stay. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The location was perfect for my meeting with one of the nearby banks on Front Street. An easy 10 minute walk. There are plenty of eating places in the area. I had one of the best Indian meals every and I really know my Indian food! The only downside is the hotel exterior. Not very nice compared to other hotels in Toronto. Ask for a good view or the street on a high floor or be prepared to look at air con and heating ducts.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto while in transit.
I had booked a standard king guest room. The room was very spacious an clean. It was equipped with a microwave and fridge. The water pressure was amazing!! I have to say I think it was one of the best showers I've ever had. The room also had sufficient lighting which I find most hotels lack.
The hotel also has laundry facilities ($2 per wash and dry), a gym and indoor pool.
Negatives - the room wasn't very sound proof. I could hear everyone thy walked past my room and when I walked past other rooms I could hear them talking or the tv.
The only other negative i have is the location. Although it is very well situated, (only a couple of blocks to the eaton centre) there were a lot of dodgy looking people hanging around in the neighbouring blocks. As a young female I did not feel comfortable waking the streets around the hotel alone, especially not a night.
Overall the hotel is clean, the staff are friendly and the rooms are fantastic.
Would stay again

• Stayed October 2013
Mifflinburg, PA
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel while attending a conference at the Metro Convention Center. It was about 5 blocks or so from the conference, so not a bad walk. I drove to Toronto from Pennsylvania and getting into the city was easy. The one tricky thing in locating the hotel is that Peter Street is called Bluejay for a couple blocks close to the stadium and then turns into Peter Street. Once I located the hotel, valet parking was easy, you just pull into a driveway to the left of the hotel. Check-in was good. The room was very nice--I had a double queen-- and the bed coverings and other furnishings looked new, the mattress was very comfortable. I only had breakfast one morning in the hotel, but it was a nice spread (although not included in the price of the room). A real bonus was when my server said I was welcome to take one of the paper bags on the buffet and help myself to a pastry, bagel, fruit, etc. as a "to go" item, at no extra cost. I enjoyed the pastry on my long ride back to PA! The front desk staff were also friendly and accommodating. The room price was reasonable considering the hotel is right downtown. The city itself had a lot of street construction going on. On a lunch break, I walked several blocks to one of the city's underground malls, and it was a little crazy dodging all of the barricades and such. But there was no construction on my hotel block.BTW, I did not hear any street noise from my room like another reviewer mentioned. I would recommend this as a very good alternative to the higher-priced hotels closer to the convention center.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Good central location. Room was clean, quiet and bed was very comfy. Arrived late on a Monday evening...reception was quick. Close to lots of restaurants and shopping. Used the fitness center, it was quiet and had good workout equipment. Cleaning staff were friendly and accomodating. Checked out Thursday..after a nice stay.

1 Thank Wade P
Branfort, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I had a great stay in Toronto. The location of the hotel was perfect for meeting friends and going out and having a good time. Breakfast was good and the servers very nice to me after a late night. Front Desk gave me a late check-out which was outstanding.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 nights and overall loved my stay. The only downfall is it is located right next to a very loud night club. I literally just had to wait for the club to close before attempting to sleep. If your room does not face toward the sky dome you would be fine. The staff here were great and the location cannot be beat.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business