“Fantastic!”

Ranked #37 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Excellent jacuzzi suite with very comfy king sized bed, staff were amazing allowing me to check in 4 hours early, as my flight landed in the early morning. Very clean, and quiet. Location is good for walking around T.O.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Start at 5 stars Cost was fair, but still a bit on the higher side at $200+ per night all in for a basic room. Docked half a star. Parking was only available for 6' or under vehicles, due to use of parking elevator, so we had to park in an outdoor lot for $40 overnight, per night. Docked half a star. Location is excellent, walking distance to great food, shopping and entertainment. Room was clean and included fridge, microwave and free internet, all of which were used and appreciated. If that's all that happened, it would've been given 4 stars or even 4.5 stars. However, cups for drinks and bathroom were all disposable, and only 2 for coffee and 2 for the bathroom were provided. The 2 coffee cups we used immediately once we got into the room. This would've been fine if they were easily replaced by hotel staff. Here's where a full star was lost. We had to call down to request actual glasses be brought up to the room, as the paper/foam cups were disintegrating as we drank pop and other beverages out of them. We figured that by using glasses, we could save on the cost of the cups as well as the environmental cost. They brought up 3 glasses on request, but only after 30 minutes and 2 calls were placed. The person who brought up the glasses looked like he had just finished working on a car engine - quite dirty. Later that evening, we had a couple friends join us, (we were two people, with 3 cups, now 4 people with 3 used glasses), so we called down again to ask for additional glasses. The guest services reception then refused and began to question us, which is weird as even if we had damaged or stolen the glasses, we have a credit card on file which they could have easily charged for any issues. After a lengthy conversation and with me beginning to get upset, I gave up and just asked them to send us some additional foam cups. They sent up 3 foam cups a while later. The issue we all had was that for $200/night, you would think that providing glasses would not be an issue, to the point where staff is arguing with guests over the phone, especially for a Hilton branded hotel in the heart of a major city. We did not use the pool/gym facilities or restaurant while we were there so I cannot comment on them, though from the pictures they look quite nice. I would've given 3.5 stars if the choice was available, but since it's not, 4 stars seems high, so 3 stars it is. I would consider staying here again as the location is great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel is close to dining and entertainment but located in a side street, so nevertheless very quiet; it's extremely clean; the personnel is nice and friendly. Price and value are good - I can recommend this place for business as well as a private stay in Toronto.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Maiden, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 November 2013

What an amazing surprise…this hotel is in an area that is near some poorer areas but the staff makes this a 5 star experience….the location is good near the center of Toronto but again, it is the staff that makes the stay great….the rooms are clean and well done, Jackie at the front desk is a delight, and Monica in Casey's adjoining restaurant went out of her way in so many ways to help me…especially racing up the floors to catch me after I left my credit card on the table!
And Mareck…he is the engineer that keeps everything in good working order…while standing by the desk as I mentioned the seat on the toilet was loose, he said "I'll be there right away"…I've never seen such eager hospitality as I experienced in this hotel.

Book and enjoy your stay…

Linda

1 Thank Mhfarm
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great central spot downtown, close to all of the essentials. Room was above average, but not over the top. It has everything you need, mini fridge and microwave are included. Bed was adjustable which was great. All in all, very enjoyable.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daltus173
United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel is located in a great area of Downtown Toronto, Ontario, walking distance to a variety of sites and good restaurants. I found the beds to be comfortable and rooms to be very clean. It has a friendly and helpful staff.

ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The noisy music blasting from the club beside the hotel kept me up until 3am. The hotel couldn't move me because they were fully booked. Apparently this is a problem every Friday and Saturday nights (they told me at checkout) and sometimes THursday as well (this was the night I was bothered). The air conditioning was programmed so that it could not be lowered below 18.5 celcius (56 fahrenheit). This was too hot. They said they had no fan to offer. This and the noise ensures that I will never stay at that hotel again. No compensation was offered, although I have since learned that they advertise a quality guarantee. It isn't worth much.

1 Thank Jo-Anne S
Peggy C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience. We are so sorry for the noise disturbance you experienced and that you were too warm in your room. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.