Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
US$246
Delta Hotels Toronto(Toronto)
US$642
US$616
1,591 results
All reviewspeter streetentertainment districtcn towergreat locationrogers centrevalet parkingwalking distancesecond cityking stminute walkfront desk staffpool and hot tubblue jaystoronto downtownbars and restaurantsjays gamequeen street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I work for a travel company whose head office is in Toronto. I'm also a travel agent so I feel I have a pretty good idea of what most business travellers are looking for. I recently had to stay in Toronto for some software training and general business. I stayed from January 12th, 2014 to January 16th, 2014. ! Everything was great from check in to check out. Front desk staff was very efficient and friendly and they were sure to tell me to take advantage of the free Wi-Fi they offer to all guests. I roomed with another lady from our company. Our room was on the 14th floor with a beautiful view of the CN Tower looking out over the entertainment district. The beds were very comfortable and the noise was really not too bad considering where the property is located (lots of bars, clubs, restaurants, shops, traffic in the area). Had a great sleep each night we were there. The blackout curtains were a big plus as well!

The room included high speed internet either by cable or free Wi-Fi which was super convenient for me. The connection was great so I got lots of work done and was even able to use it for leisure. One of the absolute best features for me in the room being a business traveller was the mini fridge, microwave and keurig coffee maker! Most business travellers can agree that it can be exhausting and hard on your body to eat out everyday while on a trip so I was happy to be able to load my fridge up with fresh fruit, salads, yogourt and juices :) You could also buy microwavable food to enjoy in your room and the coffee maker was great to be able to use before quickly running out the door in the morning for training! They also include some pods of coffee and one tea. (I'm a big tea drinker so more tea than coffee would have been better but the one pod of tea each day was sufficient and really they don't have to include that so it's a nice touch!)

They have a pool/hot tub/fitness center that are opened until 11pm. My second night there I went down to the hot tub and had the whole place to myself. No change rooms or showers at the pool deck though which was a little confusing and a tad bit awkward to walk out of the bathroom in my bathing suit as a bunch of people were stepping off the elevator.. Lol. but otherwise very clean and nice washrooms, tools available and seating near the pool(which is also heated) and the jets in the hot tub were just what my back needed after two straight days of sitting in a hard chair for 8 hours straight :) .. around 10:50 a staff member came in and started tidying up. I asked him if he wanted me to leave so he could close up and he told me to take my time and he was glad I was enjoying it. Very friendly and he did not rush me at all although I'm sure he was anxious to get everything shut down and set up for the next day.

Front desk staff was also excellent for helping with directions and offering suggestions for places to eat. The last night of our stay, myself and the other 3 ladies from my training class decided to have dinner in "The Marquis" on the 2nd floor of the hotel. Our server's name was Desiree and she was very professional and friendly. She made great suggestions for drinks and appetizers, our food was ready very quickly and she came back often to see how we were doing. I had the French Onion Soup and our table ordered some chicken wings and shrimp as appetizers. Most of us ordered a sandwich for or meal and everything was great.

Overall we had a very pleasant stay. Staff was excellent and very friendly .. we were greeted with a big smile and "welcome back" everytime we walked through the front door. Housekeeping did an excellent job keeping our rooms tidy (she even tidied up my disastrous pile of toiletries all over the bathroom counter!). I will be sure to recommend this property to other business travellers and anyone looking for a stay within the entertainment district.

Room Tip: Ask for something on a higher floor to be further away from the bars in the area if you're staying over the weekend as I've heard if you're on a lower floor the noise can be a bit much. Ask for a room that faces the CN tower for an excellent view of the city :)
3  Thank Justine07
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My second time staying here. Hotel is very nice, room was excellent, sleep number bed so you can adjust to your comfort, great showers, wifi was good, staff was wonderful. Special shout out to Desiree who waitressed in the restaurant. She handled the dinner crowd basically by herself. I never saw such a hard working person, she moved quickly and efficiently, always with a smile. This is a smaller hotel so not all the amenities that would make it a five star, i.e. No mini bar or bottled water in room, no newspaper or robe. But if you are looking for a comfortable hotel, clean, central to downtown and the entertainment district at a reasonable price, I would recommend this hotel. Will stay here again.

1  Thank Mary d
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The customer service here was great. After reading many of the reviews here I was worried about the noise level at night, but having stayed here on a fri-sun in early November I heard NOTHING from the clubs next door. And I was on the 3rd floor. That being said they were fairly unorganized. My wakeup call was forgotten on the last day, my credit card had been compromised two days earlier so I had to leave a cash deposit. It took almost 25 minutes for them to verify the room was in good shape to return the deposit. That being said the location was great, the service was very friendly and I will certainly be staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Just recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Downtown after a lovely weekend in Quebec City.
It's a relatively new hotel, so this gives a very nice fresh appearance. The rooms were fine, however since it was during the deep freeze, we found the window gave off a bit of a draft.
Bed was firm, but comfortable. Good Shower, and an excellent breakfast,with VERY attentive efficient staff. If you get a chance go to the little lounge behind the bar with a fireplace, as it's a little hidden gem. Also like self service tuck shop, where you can charge packaged food and drink to your room. Good stay.

Room Tip: Get room on Eastern Side of building, as I've heard there is sound from nightclubs on the other...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 16 January 2014

A newer hotel with pleasant surroundings and staff. Complimentary WiFi in ground floor kiosk near entrance. Cookies and dessert bars in the evenings in lobby. Additional complimentary coffee and tea inside the 2nd floor restaurant. Pool and gym area very well kept (bring ear phones for tread mill). Parking lot is not accessible by guests as your car will be elevated down to the lot and would recommend a tip for the valet.

Room Tip: Area appeared safe with restaurants and coffee shops around nice Skydome.