Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown
Agoda.com
US$265
US$256
1,614 results
All reviewspeter streetentertainment districtcn towergreat locationrogers centrevalet parkingwalking distancesecond cityking stminute walkfront desk staffpool and hot tubblue jaystoronto downtownbars and restaurantsjays gamequeen street
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I really don't know why a fresh smell and clean vibe is too much to ask. The continental breakfast - a total waste. Don't bother - take a walk and spend $20 on something that you would like to eat. Stale cereals and juice and milk that looked like it was sitting out for hours is no way to start a day.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kalee M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Joseph,
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor and also on our guest survey. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments on our guestroom freshness and breakfast offerings in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Kalee M

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have never every left a hotel review....an appliance review....a restaurant review. Nothing. So, that should say a lot in itself.

I'm here now, into my second night of a four day conference at the Metro Convention Centre. I travel frequently on business and this has to be the worst yet.

Pros.
1. VERY VERY clean, very modern and new decor...rooms are nice.
2. The price is fair at $200 / night (during my stay).
3. Two outlets in the bathroom
4. Valet parking tenants are super friendly and helpful.
5. Excellent location.

Cons.
1. Valet parking available only. If you want to park your car yourself, you have to go elsewhere.
2. I booked a double queen room as I like to have the additional bed to lay out my clothes.....the first night the bed was horrible. I felt like I was sleeping in a ditch. Today I tried the second bed...no better.
3. No fan in the bathroom. Getting ready in a bathroom with a foggy mirror is very difficult!
4. THE NOISE!! DIRECTLY next door there is a nightclub. Partiers outside...partiers inside....base pumping. The guests on my floor decided to bring guests from the nightclub back to their room. Wow. What a disastrous night sleep. I was up until 3:am before getting to sleep. I have never used ear plugs. Last night I improvised and made some with toilet paper - made a trip to Shoppers Drug Mart this afternoon to purchase some for tonight.
5. Walls are paper thin. It was like I was home beside my snoring husband :) ....made me a little homesick!! lol.
6. The front counter staff. Wow. Try to crack a smile and be helpful??? Good luck. Three turn overs and none of them knew the fine art of a smile....or a conversation.
7. Iron - bring your own. The one here sticks to your clothes...I had to purchase a new dress shirt to replace the one I tore while trying to iron it.

All in all, this area is home to SOOOOO many hotels in the same price bracket. Do yourself a favour and shop around.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room facing the Adelaide to avoid the nightclub on Peter Street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Maggie A

Maggie,

Thank you for submitting your experience. Your feedback is truly important to us because it helps us to realize both our strengths and weaknesses from our guests' point of view. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations throughout your stay as we strive to provide the quality experience you expect and deserve from our brand. We regret that noise from neighboring guests and amenities hindered your stay and we will keep your concerns in mind as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' needs. We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown.

Kind Regards,
Kalee

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the Garden Inn about 6 times and been happy 4. The service & room were really good, but there is the Tryst night club adjacent to the hotel. Twice I've been workmen up by party-ers who came in at 2am drunk and smoking. Killed my sleep and next day.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank tkrajaefski
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hilton Garden Inn offers a good downtown choice for Toronto travelers. Prices are fair, but it's the cleanliness and quality of beds/rest that makes the difference for me. Hilton of any brands seem the most consistent to me in my travel experience, and is now the only name I look for in any city. This location is also great for Via, Blue Jays, and the entertainment district (King St) in Toronto.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The location is great, just a 5 minute walk to CN tower. The front desk staff were really attentive and friendly housekeeping staff. However parking was $40. The thermostat could not be moved past a certain temperature. A few of our pillows were yucky yucky yellow! We thought about complaining, but there were extra pillows so we didn't have to use the yellow ones! They were super gross!

I thought there would be a free breakfast, but there was not. I didn't use the pool or gym. We were there on a weekend, but didn't hear noise from the club next door but we were very very tired and on a higher floor. There was a fridge in the room and a microwave. We thought we would be able to take the GO train to the Pearson airport, but found that it was not that easy to do that, it involved taking a bus and a trolley. For $58 they will get you a towne car to the airport. The elevator was super slow. The staff were very good but I would not go back there, although location was great.

Room Tip: higher floors to avoid "club" noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank asiatrip2007Winnipeg
Kalee M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear asiatrip2007 Winnipeg,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your comments and feedback, as a seasoned traveler and top contributor to the TripAdvisor community, we value your input.

I am glad to hear that for the most part your stay with us was a pleasant one and your enjoyed the location and attraction that surround our hotel
Our front office and housekeeping are appreciative of the accolades bestow upon them.

There are a few things I hope to address;

Our $40 parking is comparable to most of the hotels in downtown Toronto, and this does provide you with in/out privileges.

The pillow covers are not dirty but are that colour (feather pillows) and our foam pillows are in the starker white covers. We ensure you they are clean and washed, as we have both feather and foam pillows on our beds, it helps us distinguish them apart. In the future, please do call the front desk and let us know if there is anything we may do to make your stay more comfortable.

There a couple of alternatives to get to the airport, one being the flat rate town car as you got to experience, is the most direct way of getting to the airport. There is Airport Shuttle who's stop is a mere steps away from the hotel stops at some of the major hotels before heading to the airport. and alternatively a cab.

We do hope you will reconsider staying with us again, and maybe on your next stay, you will get a chance to try our hot cook to order buffet breakfast on our second floor Marquis restaurant.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards,