“Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Toronto, ON”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown
Ranked #38 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great accommodation, great location. Staff were efficient and friendly. The room and the bathroom were clean and the furniture etc. in good shape. There was a refrigerator and a keurig coffee maker in the room. I would stay there again and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marilyn B
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had a very nice stay and a great location to stay when downtown. Close to the Dome for games and lots of restaurants to walk to. Breakfast is good, but would like a better juice selection. I will be back the next time I come to town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tyler S
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was a great hotel close to the Toronto convention centre. (About a 10 minute walk). The rooms were quiet and clean. They had a Keurig cup coffee machine in room. Wayne Gretzky's bar is just down the street. Front desk staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank KevinABCA
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Garden Inn, was a great choice and a fantastic location. All the staff from house keeping to front desk make this hotel sing along. Used the indoor pool, was a little cold but we are from England(remember the empire) so we could handle it. Had a couple of drinks from the bar, it would be rude not to. The staff again very friendly. The front desk staff are really good with directions and also with recommendations for places to eat dinner. We had breakfast at the Hotel most mornings , one for convenience and two the price is not that bad. We had breakfast at a different location one morning and once you start adding fruit toast coffee and other items, the hotel price is not that expensive. There is a couple of greasy spoon cafes near to the hotel, they offer breakfast at a lower rate to the hotel, as we didn't eat there not sure on the quality. One of the recommendations was an Italian place called Kit Kat, I know what's in a name. If you get chance take the time to visit. It's like eating in Italy without the cost of travelling there. Another place we ate at was Jack Astors, really nice and friendly place. We did the CN tower, Aquarium and also the Island Park. The Island is well worth a visit. On the Island we hired a four seater bike, top tip don't let your 19 year old daughter drive who has not taken her driving test but knows everything. There is a small cafe on the Island we rode to for a coffee and a cake(stay cuddly). We hired the bike for 1 hour it took us two hours to take the bike back after riding from one side of the Island to the other and back to the bike hire Centre. I don't think I will be entering the Pan American Games next year. Over all great city and nice friendly people, easy to get around on foot.

Room Tip: We stayed on the Eleven floor room 1117 nice view of the city and also if you have a neck like a Gir...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mellor2012
Kalee M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Mellor2012,

Thank you for such a glowing review on our hotel ajnd Toronto. We are glad that we were able make your first visit to Toronto an enjoyable and memorable one.
Our staff are our greatest asset and they do appreciate the recognition for all their hard work.
Our hotel's location is fabulous as we truly are central and walking distance to most of the attractions and the eclectic selection of restaurants at just around the corner.

Thank you once again Mellor 2012 and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel and city on your next journey this way.

Kalee M
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Have just returned from an overnight in Toronto staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on Peters Street. This is a modern, clean, upscale hotel within walking distance of most downtown attractions. Parking in downtown TO is not cheap but a necessity if you have a car, as we did, so opted for the valet parking which is an additional 45.00 but the convenience was worth it for us. No breakfast is included but there is a restaurant on site which serves breakfast until 10 AM. We found the beds very comfortable with luxurious linens and the air conditioner was quiet and efficient, WiFi fast and Keurig coffee station was appreciated. As mentioned by others, there is a noisy nightclub next door that we could hear vaguely, but since we were night owls too, by the time we settled in, the bass vibrations did not bother us and luckily we had no noisy neighbours and had a peaceful sleep until late morning. (bathroom door needs some WD 40) The 12 o'clock check out served us well. We found the employees friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I really don't know why a fresh smell and clean vibe is too much to ask. The continental breakfast - a total waste. Don't bother - take a walk and spend $20 on something that you would like to eat. Stale cereals and juice and milk that looked like it was sitting out for hours is no way to start a day.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kalee M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Joseph,
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor and also on our guest survey. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments on our guestroom freshness and breakfast offerings in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Kalee M

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have never every left a hotel review....an appliance review....a restaurant review. Nothing. So, that should say a lot in itself.

I'm here now, into my second night of a four day conference at the Metro Convention Centre. I travel frequently on business and this has to be the worst yet.

Pros.
1. VERY VERY clean, very modern and new decor...rooms are nice.
2. The price is fair at $200 / night (during my stay).
3. Two outlets in the bathroom
4. Valet parking tenants are super friendly and helpful.
5. Excellent location.

Cons.
1. Valet parking available only. If you want to park your car yourself, you have to go elsewhere.
2. I booked a double queen room as I like to have the additional bed to lay out my clothes.....the first night the bed was horrible. I felt like I was sleeping in a ditch. Today I tried the second bed...no better.
3. No fan in the bathroom. Getting ready in a bathroom with a foggy mirror is very difficult!
4. THE NOISE!! DIRECTLY next door there is a nightclub. Partiers outside...partiers inside....base pumping. The guests on my floor decided to bring guests from the nightclub back to their room. Wow. What a disastrous night sleep. I was up until 3:am before getting to sleep. I have never used ear plugs. Last night I improvised and made some with toilet paper - made a trip to Shoppers Drug Mart this afternoon to purchase some for tonight.
5. Walls are paper thin. It was like I was home beside my snoring husband :) ....made me a little homesick!! lol.
6. The front counter staff. Wow. Try to crack a smile and be helpful??? Good luck. Three turn overs and none of them knew the fine art of a smile....or a conversation.
7. Iron - bring your own. The one here sticks to your clothes...I had to purchase a new dress shirt to replace the one I tore while trying to iron it.

All in all, this area is home to SOOOOO many hotels in the same price bracket. Do yourself a favour and shop around.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room facing the Adelaide to avoid the nightclub on Peter Street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Maggie A

Maggie,

Thank you for submitting your experience. Your feedback is truly important to us because it helps us to realize both our strengths and weaknesses from our guests' point of view. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations throughout your stay as we strive to provide the quality experience you expect and deserve from our brand. We regret that noise from neighboring guests and amenities hindered your stay and we will keep your concerns in mind as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' needs. We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown.

Kind Regards,