“Top location and functional hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown
Ranked #38 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 12 August 2014

It's a well functioning standard Hilton hotel with friendly and helpful staff and simple and clean rooms. The rooms aren't huge, but if you're just popping in and out and sleeping in the room it works well. We are a family of three with one infant and the space including our stroller worked well. We also asked for a kettle and it was clean and worked well. The Keurig was great and the fridge worked well. The sofa bed was comfortable as well.
We were on the 14th floor facing west and we didn't have any complaints about the noise. The only noisy element was the AC which is common in big hotels.
We were spending most of our time at the AGO, Harbourfront, Chinatown, Kensington, Queen Street and King Street so the location was perfect. There was a great breakfast spot that sold fresh bagels on Spadina and breakfast for less than $10. I've found at other hotels further in the financial district the breakast and lunch joints are all $20 a plate.
For $10 less we parked in the lot behind the hotel, for $20 less a friend parked at the Hyatt just a five minute walk.
If you're hosting visitors in the room, spending time in the lobby and looking to exercise and swim, you may not be as satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,550)

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My family of four, including 2 boys aged 7 and 9, spent five nights here in a 2 queen bedroom. Overall, my complaints are relatively minor. We booked a package that included parking and I found the convenience worth the extra cost. My kids loved the pool and I liked the workout facility, which is better than most hotels but on par with most Hilton properties.
I had read many complaints about the noise but we didn't have much of a problem in that department. We were on the 14th floor and my main noise complaint was because of emergency vehicles. However after the first night, I realized you could open one of the windows and I don't think it had been properly closed, even though it looked like it initially. That solved most of the noise issues.
But for 4 people, it's a little tight. There really isn't much room for anything but the beds and a tiny table. I would have enjoyed a few extra sqft! We are used to booking an apartment or house through vrbo or HomeAway...

The staff was friendly and even offered to mail our postcards (there's a post office in the back of the Shoppers store a block south of the hotel, so that took care of it).

Not much of a view from room 1403, although you could see the CN Tower if looking out to the right. It's a U-shaped building. The lower numbers were the top-left of the U, facing East, with the bottom of the U facing North.

About the new online check-in functionality from Hilton. I found a couple of issues so far: they need to include a floor plan of the hotel with room numbers if asking us to select a room and their front desk staff needs to check the online check-in pile. The initial comment when I showed up was that there was no reservation in my name :-). I'll remember to say I checked in online in the future!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Nice location, small lobby but very functional. Good service, great room, excellent view. Walking distance to everything .
We parked the car and we walk to Chinatown, Finacial district, fashion district, Rogers Centre, CN Twer, the harbour.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great heated indoor pool and hot tub. Perfect for the younger swimmers. Delicious freshly made to order buffet breakfast. We enjoyed everything from pancakes to omelettes. Very comfy rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. We would definitely stay in this and another Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have stayed in many hotels in the downtown Toronto area due to constant travel there (concerts, business, etc) but were yet to find one as truly excellent as this hotel. We stayed here on a weekend visit and not only did we get a clean, comfortable room, but we got it at a great price. The location of this hotel, as stated in many other reviews, is amazing, only a few blocks from the Rogers Centre and right in the middle of downtown. The breakfast here isn't included, but is a bargain for what you recieve- I don't hesitate to call it one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had, with everything one would want. The staff were friendly and attentive, and they even offer complimentary cookies in the evenings!
An overall great experience, and now my go-to hotel for Toronto.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Kalee M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Maggie C,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with the wonderful reivew. We are so happy that you have chosen us as your go-to hotel in Toronto.
We are located in the ideal area of the downtown core, accessible by walking to most attractions and places. We tend to agree with you that our breakfast is pretty extensive and very reasonably priced; glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

Maggie C, we look forward to welcoming you back to ur hotel soon!

Best Regards,
Kalee M

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel is located at the downtown and accessible to all places. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. I landed at the hotel at 1am in the morning. There was no parking place, the person in the reception took the responsibility to accommodate my car. Local attractions are walkable distance.
The rooms have a bathtub facing the bed and TV. I had a great time soaking in the warm water and watching the Soccer WorldCup finals.
There are nice restaurants around the hotel if you are looking for some good dining options.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Yup, truly excellent location. Really close to Kings Street and the restaurants, plus lots of shopping around as well. Our room was very nice and clean. We had no problems with noise, although we were on the 12th floor. Breakfast was good. Glad we ended up here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple