“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of INDEXG B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
INDEXG B&B
Ranked #15 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good stay”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The location is good, in the art district of Toronto. But "downtown" is some distance away (we rented bikes). As has been said before the hosts are very kind and helpful. For breakfast they offer a variety of things like fruit, cereals and bread. Our room was clean, bright and roomy. Caveat: The A/C is centrally regulated for all rooms. While I did like the temperature in the evening it got a bit too cold for me in the night. You can tell them if you don't like the temperature but as I said I noticed a little too late.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hummingfly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I had a great 2-night stay at INDEXG B&B. The property is located in the West Queen West neighborhood of Toronto, just minutes from the streetcar and on a very quiet street. I always like staying out of downtown areas when I travel and this was a great neighborhood with lots of shops and restaurants, but very accessible to the rest of the city. My room was extremely clean and aesthetically pleasing and the bed was very comfortable. I had I think the only room where the bathroom was not actually in the room, which was totally fine. Breakfast is served in the downstairs art gallery that the owners also operate and the space was very peaceful and sunny -- a great way to start the day. My only (minor) complaint was that I could not get on the wireless network with my phone in my room -- I'd written it off as non-functional and only later did I pull out my laptop and I was in fact able to connect with that. The proprietors were very friendly and welcoming. If I ever return to Toronto I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Vancouver
Reviewed 5 July 2012

It doesn't get better than IndexG for location, ambiance, style, and value. Holly and Lee are gracious, lovely, and welcoming artists/innkeepers, who have obviously conceptualized and designed a B&B that exudes calm and uncomplicated elegance. IndexG is immaculate, clearly lovingly maintained, and the art gallery aesthetic prevails throughout, including the B&B rooms and hallways. Beds and linens, bathrooms, simple amenities (such as wifi)--all are excellent. A fine breakfast is served in a bright and airy gallery space, and we found it particularly pleasurable to start the day surrounded by art. There is nothing fussy or intrusive about this B&B. Rather, it is a stylish and wonderfully understated establishment that is one of the city's most outstanding values for accommodation. The area of West Queen West/Parkdale has become trendy (as evidenced by the Gladstone and Drake hotels, in particular) , and there are numerous and excellent bars, restaurants, galleries, and shops to recommend the location of IndexG. Whether you are venturing up to the restaurants along west College Street, or eastward along Queen to the downtown core, the B&B is truly a brilliant location. I'm a Torontonian, born and raised, now living in Vancouver, and on my return visits, I would not stay in any accommodation other than IndexG.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Excursive
MA
Reviewed 10 May 2012

As others have said the rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. It was close to street cars and shopping. The off street parking spot was a bargain at $10 a night. Breakfast was great and the gallery space was full of light and had a wonderful relaxing feeling. I would recommend staying here to everyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank vaca_ma
Co.Kildare Ireland
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed eleven nights with gracious hosts Holly and her husband. This was the perfect base for my Toronto visit. Streetcar was less than five minute walk away and subway station less that ten minutes on street car. I could not fault my stay at indexg, my room was spacious and immaculately clean. The breakfast was substantial enough to keep me satisfied until lunch. One morning Holly had even made fresh wonderful scrumptious blueberry and cinnamon muffins for the guests.. Delicious. I needed an adaptor for an appliance and was given one to use for the duration of my stay.. They couldn't have been more helpful and never intrusive. I cannot recommend this B&B highly enough!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank BrendaEves
Vancouver
Reviewed 13 October 2011

a jewel in toronto downtown. easy access from airport in a good safe area near great shopping and trendy restaurants. good transportation one block away. the property is spotless and the beds were the most comfortable that we have ever had in a rental accommodation . the hosts were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was a great start to the day. all in all a great value and a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Toronto can often be a mix of big chain hotels and expensive boutique accommodations. If you are looking for a great alternative you should check out IndexG Bed and Breakfast. I stayed there a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised.

Location, location, location. If you are looking for a spot that is in the trendy West Queen West area of Toronto near that is close to the Posh Gladstone or Drake hotels then this is your budget conscious alternative. It is one block north of the Gladstone hotel which makes the amenities of Queen Street West easily in reach along with the trolley cards, buses and taxi routes.

Style and Uniqueness. The IndexG has 5 rooms that are each different. With a cool art gallery on the mainfloor with work from Toronto artists and the photographic work of the owners many pieces have moved from the Gallery into the hallways and rooms of this B&B giving it an eclectic warm feeling like coming home. Breakfast is served in the art gallery each morning and is a nice continental spread. Sip your morning coffee while checking out the artists’ work.

Value and Friendliness. The B&B is run by hosts Holly and Lee and they could not be any more welcoming. Friendly, helpful and very accommodating they made my experience during my stay. They helped me arrange an airport taxi and took interest in the work that brought me to town. At half the price of the Gladstone with three times the friendliness you can’t ask for any better value.

Finishing Touches. On top of this, the beds were very comfortable, rooms were spacious, modern décor adorned the rooms and a welcome book covered off on all the details that you still pondered. Free Wifi, cable tv, large tub and shower and coffee down the hall were all the finishing touches I needed for my stay. What more can I say but I will definitely be back to stay here again. Enjoy the few photos I snapped during my stay. Say Hi to Holly and Lee for me if you choose to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for Room Genki. It is large and has a big window that lets a lot of light in.