“Great food”

Cuisines: American, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Wellington St.
Description: Welcome to FOUR where we offer a balanced approach to guilt-free dining. We pride ourselves in our commitment to healthful dining by offering all of our dishes under 650 calories; however, our approach to nutrition and wellness is so much more than just calories and carbohydrates - it really is about the kind of food that makes you feel great about what you eat. In other words, we want to help you put the positive into your body so that you can radiate that positive energy right back by looking and feeling fabulous.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The restaurant is downstairs so a little difficult to find at street level, but once you're in, you won't want to leave. Food is great and the restaurant and bar very welcoming. Great staff!

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Was looking for great food. But were in the tunnels of Toronto.
My spirit lifted when I say FOUR.
Very nice attmosphere in the middle of hell.
Did not know about the calorie restriction. I was very pleased when a tiny Bison burger came to the table. I actually so count calories. I was worried that I would have to starve the rest of the day because of huge burger.
was very happy with small portion.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Went for lunch Feb 26, 2014. Everything on the menu is 650 calories or less which is a good concept for the PATH (downtown Toronto underground) crowds who are faced with so many unhealthy food court choices. They also have gluten free options clearly marked which is also great for anyone who needs it. Problem is, the food was lacking. Ordered the halibut and friend ordered the salmon. Both were mediocre at best. Service was very slow, which was surprising. It may have just been our server in particular who disappeared for 20 minutes while we were waiting for someone to just put the credit card through so we could go back to work. Highlight was the little shot glass desserts which hit the spot without going overboard.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife has been asking me to take her to Four since early last year. She told me about how every entrée was designed to be 650 calories or less and she lost me immediately. Finally, for Valentine’s Day this year, I thought that it would be thoughtful to choose a restaurant that I knew she wanted to try.

When I learned that the place was on the concourse level of the PATH, I was a little nervous, so I asked for a table away from the concourse, hoping to avoid the “mall-like” atmosphere that I noticed in the pictures I was able to find before booking. It turns out that my concerns were unfounded because they close off the PATH access, except through the main door during the evening. The atmosphere in the entire restaurant was perfectly appropriate for a date night.

We started with a variety of appetizers. The pizza / flatbread was the clear winner with the fish tacos being less appealing due to an overly thick corn tortilla. That said, the tacos were fine but would have been better with a double layer of thin taoc shells (Seven Lives Style). For mains, she chose the spinach gnocchi and I had the Salmon. Both dishes were exquisite and we found ourselves jockeying to eat each other’s meals.

For dessert, they brought a set of 8 shot glasses to the table, each filled with a different small portion of dessert. We opted to order all 8 and just took a bite or two out of each to get a sense of what was available. This was the best decision of the night. I polished off the tiramisu as my favourite.

Overall, this was also one of the best service experiences that we’ve had in Toronto.

We will return, and likely return frequently.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

This is in the commerce west building. I had a meeting and just wanted a place to sit and eat vs a food court. I was surprisingly pleased. Pleasant staff, hot good, and quick! Pasta dish was amazing!