“Best steak I ever had”

Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 8,509 Restaurants in Toronto
Transit: Brant Street
Burlington
“Best steak I ever had”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My table ordered four different steaks and we shared everything. My favorite was the ribeye wagyu steak from Okinawa, Japan. My husband who normally likes leaner cuts was equally amazed at how well marbled and delicious it was. All steaks were cooked perfectly and were excellent. Ceasar is also good. Sides and dessert aren't that great but you aren't going to this restaurant for vegetables.
I've been to many steakhouses this is by far my favorite and well worth the cost.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
London, England, United Kingdom
“Best steaks ever”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Possibly the best steaks I've ever had - carefully chosen meat cooked excellently. Great Caesar salad as well, a dish often done appallingly in restaurants but here near perfect. Sides and wines a very good complement to the meat. Service top-notch; friendly, considerate and attentive with no hint of the rush that's so common in North America. We did have to ask for a quieter table after being seated next to a few loud and boisterous guys when we were after something a bit more intimate - but were moved somewhere more to our liking quickly and with a minimum of fuss.

Pricing reflects the quality on offer - 3 courses with cocktails, wine and spirits after came to 160 CAD per head and even if you were more economical it would be hard to spend less than 80-100CAD. But definitely money well spent.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chris K
Toronto, Canada
“Great service but expensive for what you get”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

we had great service at Jacob and the steaks were done perfectly and tasted great - I would not say the same about the sides which are extra to the main meals. Basically overdone and not crafted with the same degree of excellence as the steaks. The menu is not for everyone with high priced but high quality steaks and good oysters. Disappointments were the lack of windows in the restaurant areas - compared to Scaramouche much lower on the ambience and style scale.

Los Angeles, California
“Great for those with allergies!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We ate at this restaurant 2 weeks ago and it was wonderful! The hostesses were friendly and our server, Michael, was very attentive and took extra special care to make sure I had an allergy-free meal. I cannot eat garlic, onions or leeks which can be VERY difficult to avoid. He was very familiar with the menu and the chef was VERY considerate and made me a Hollandaise sauce from scratch as the normal one had onions in it. Though I don't know if they would have time to do this on a normal night (we happened to be there on a slow night) it was a real treat! :)
In sum: It was a wonderful dinner experience and if I lived in Toronto I would be back immediately!
Much appreciated!

Los Angeles, California
“Great for people with allergies!”

Much appreciated!