“PERFECT SERVICE”

Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 8,772 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: King St. West
Transit: Brant Street
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Jacob's never fails me. Great steaks, great service. They are always so incredibly informed that it's astounding. I keep going back for this always!

1  Thank Loredana R

Reviewed 19 August 2014

When you combine the knowledge of knowing your ingredients and delivering a superior product ...Jacobs & Co. have this market cornered.

To say their steaks are incredible does not do them justice....it is more like an incredible bottle of wine that have been allowed to age....the P.E.I. Rib Eye is like eating the most sweetest piece of beef with a essence of potato...the Guelph Rib Eye was like the country air with a deep rich flavor....I am so remiss because I should have started with their Caesar Salad...to say it was the best I have ever eaten is an understatement, even the family agreed! (Once upon a time I made the made best ever!)
The flavor bursting popovers with the herb butter set your taste buds tingling. The sides are taste treats beyond words..do not miss the duck fat french fries!

My daughter in law had already googled the menu and suggested Monkey Bread for desert! Go for it ......but share....it represents numerous workout hours.

The wine list is out of this world...and yes you can get a very respectable bottle for under $100. We orders several bottle of Ringbolt which more than met with the expectations of our dinners.

If you are looking for the perfect setting, the perfect experience , the perfect steak and a dinner that is out of this world, combined with service that is second to none....then you are in for an epicurean adventure.........one of the owners greeted us when we arrived and was found outside to wish us a good evening as we departed. This is what running a superlative business is all about....thank you for sharing your love of a fabulous experience with us!

Oh least I forget..thank you for the delicious coffee cake muffins you sent home with us for breakfast...you are definitely one in a million!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Jacobs is a delightful experience. It starts with a “reminder” phone call the day of your reservation, confirming the details and providing an enthusiastic assurance that they are “looking forward to seeing you.”
Upon arrival, the personal touch continues, with a greeting by the manager.
Our server, Henry, was very attentive and helpful with the menu. Jacob’s has a wide variety of premium meat cuts, including potato-fed PEI beef, Idaho corn-fed and Japanese wagyu beef. Henry walked us through the subtleties of each and the flavor profile to expect. His recommendation was to order several steaks for the table, an assortment of the various styles, so all of us could experience each. That turned out to be a great idea! My favorite was the Snake River Wagyu.
Most meats are dry-aged in-house, (up to 125 days!!), Wagyu is not dry aged. Steaks are served with an assortment of sauces, of which my favourite was the blue cheese and butter.
The Caesar salad, prepared tableside is terrific. There is a YouTube video available showing its preparation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlP3OLvDgbs
The selection of sides is broad – my favourites were the duck-fat French fries and the beefsteak tomatoes with feta and oregano.
For dessert you must try the “Monkey Bread”, a decadent warm cinnamon bun with caramel, spiced pecans and cream cheese topping. It is one of the best desserts I’ve ever had in a restaurant.
The wine selection is fantastic, but don’t look for bargains. The selection of by-the-glass provides sufficient option for my liking.
Overall, a wonderful meal and a fun evening!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The stellar reputation that preceded my Jacobs experience might be to blame for what ultimately ended up being an overpriced and underwhelming evening.
With business dinner reservations made far in advance, and hype swirling about the unsurpassed quality and top-notch service, the overall experience was a disappointment.
Service was great. Caesar salad was epic. Sides were phenomenal - and half sides were a great alternative! The tenderloin was good but certainly not the best I've ever tasted. All four pieces of meat came out undercooked - even for a table of medium-rare lovers.The follow up was appreciated but it didn't un-do what was otherwise unfolding as a lacklustre dining event.
Unsure it was worth the expense, and by far wasn't worth the hype. A shame.

2  Thank WeddingGirldotca
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just got home from Jacob's and we can't wait to go back! From start to finish, this was by far the best steak we have ever had. Due to my size, I had a specific request for our table. A gentleman (not sure if he was the maitre d' or the owner) came over to make sure I was comfortable.
ALL the food was spectacular. The caesar salad was perfect. All of our steaks were phenomenal and cooked to perfection. With your permission, they actually cut your steak so it is cut properly. The sides, mashed potatoes, potato gratin and braised onions were all delicious. Our waiter was by far the best waiter we have ever had. He explained everything to us. He told us the differences in the steaks and helped us make the right choices for each of us. He was right on the money with all the choices. His name is Victor and he enhanced our great experience. Everybody who worked there was great. My water glass was never empty. They are so attentive and nice. The cinnamon buns dessert was the best. I do not have one bad word to say about the whole evening. On the way home we talked about when we can go back there for another spectacular meal and evening! Run, don't walk to go here!