“Wouldn't go back”

Neighbourhood: North End
toronto
“Wouldn't go back”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Had only 2 wines available in a glass. Ordered the stuffed mushrooms with feta as an appetizer. Didn't enjoy them at all and undercooked. The rigatoni al forno was sooo bland and watery with chunks of tomatoes. It seemed as though sauce was straight out of the can. The tiramisu was another disappointment. It tasted stale and the smothered it with chocolate sauce. Ruined the whole dessert. The male waiter was very pleasant and attentive. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant.not one person in the place looked Italian. 2459 Yonge St.

• Visited July 2012

Oakville, Canada
“Groupon winner! (really the 2459 Yonge St. location)”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My boyfriend and I explored this restaurant on a Groupon. I don't normally go uptown to eat but I say this restaurant was very good.
We went for a very early dinner and were the only ones there.
We were promptly and courteously served and attended to.
The Groupon included an appetizer, two mains, a dessert to share and two drinks.
We had a focaccia bruscetta and my boyfriend had a Caesar salad that was so garlicky I could smell it across the table.
My boyfriend ordered the Veal Parmesan served with bright vegetables so that I was a bit jealous. I had the Manicotti with spinach and ricotta cheese. It was quite flavourful and HOT as it had come out of the wood fired oven.
The only dissappointment was the dessert. I ordered an ice-cream filled crepe with raspberry coulis and chocolate and it was right from a frozen box. I've seen it in other restaurants and probably at the Superstore. It looked nothing like the picture they show on their website.

• Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Despite a bad night, you deserve four stars! Please read.”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My party of four made a reservation for 7pm on April 28, 2013 at your Eglinton location. We were promptly seated and after preamble, the waiter (who we later realized was the manager, Maxwell) took our drink and food orders. Nothing goes wrong yet, so allow me to get directly to the point:

We were at the restaurant for a total of THREE hours; the time we left the restaurant was a about a quarter to ten. Not only did the bread and food take forever to arrive, but also the gnocchi I ordered was served 15 minutes before the three pizzas ordered by my party. Adhering to table manners, I waited until the pizzas arrived before I started to eat. Though I haven’t personally tasted it, it was in agreement from my party that the pizza did not taste good and I could see that the pizzas were burnt on one side.

We asked our waiter, Maxwell, to bring us the manager, and he introduced himself as also being the manager that night. Long story short, he told us that they were understaffed that day and that the pizza guy who makes the pizza awesome was, at the last minute, unavailable to work that night. Despite the complaints made by my party and other guests with regards to the wait and quality of the food, Maxwell did a really good job making it up to the dissatisfied customers. He politely apologized to us several times, and gave us his card with a note to invite us back for pizza on the house when the pizza guy returns.

Although the time I went was not completely pleasant, I must say that I really enjoyed my gnocchi. As a matter of fact, I have heard many praises about your pizzas and pastas from a close friend of mine. Despite this not so well experience, I am very satisfied with the attempts that Maxwell made to make the customers satisfied. Never once did he lose his patience and respect towards us.

I believe that the professional manner in which Maxwell handled my party’s situation and the concerns of other guests around me deserves praise. Maxwell worked very hard with only one other staff member in the dining area; not to mention that one of the kitchen staff (the pizza guy) was not there that night. I originally wasn’t going to write this review, hoping that I could write a review based on a second visit to this restaurant. However, a recent unfortunate incident with the owner at an Italian restaurant in up north in Woodbridge made me realize how fortunate I was to have dealt with Maxwell. Not all restaurant owners know how to properly handle conflicts in a professional manner.

I just want to say thank you to Maxwell for your hardwork that night and that I will definitely be back. Hopefully, the food will taste great (the gnocchi did taste awesome) and service will be expedient this time. I’m looking forward for my imminent second visit to Piazzetta.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank KJandPenny
Toronto, Canada
“Good main courses, staff leave a lot to be desired.”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stick to main courses you will be fine, for the price water is better, the pop is 3.95 with no free refills. Sicilian crepes are delicious, it seems the "new location" at Yonge and Eglinton has staff very green or not very well trained. I asked my waitress about the pop she said they have them all, i asked for orange crush, she said she didnt know what that was. Funny how everything means nothing really, it just means im too lazy to name them all.

The staff not a single one of them looks Italian, which may looks wierd but hey i guess it works the food doesnt lie. just a bit wierd if you can get over that initial shock you are fine. the waitresses also dont look Italian and offer different levels of customer service from nice to plain wierd.

This review is for the yonge and Eglinton location listed under the website as piazetta Trattoria #3 or "new location"

On the way back to yonge and Eglinton we saw a restaurant packed full with people waiting outside and i was left thinking wow, why do PPL want to wait in line for this one while Piazetta was barely 50% full? and its within walking distance?

The answer, the Staff, the staff, also be prepared to wait for your food its an stove oven with only so much that can go in understandable but if you are in a rush dont be, you will probably be there for an hour and a half to 2 hours. understandble on the wait times.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank TravellingLex22
“soooo disappointing”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Re: Yonge south of York Mills branch

Our first time here in 3 years. One of us is Italian and highly picky about Italian restaurants, but this place had been pre-approved. Unfortunately, things have changed.

The pros: NIce decor and smell from the pizza oven. The food came quickly. The pizza was good-- not fabulous, good.

The cons: The wait staff were a bit diffident. The chairs were extremely uncomfortable. Although it is small and was not full, it was loud. Had no desire to linger. No wine by the glass other than the house red/ white choices.

The absolute worst was the rigatoni with sausage. The top layer of pasta was baked to inedibility, the sauce was bland and the sausage was wiener. An unpleasant waste of money.

• Visited April 2013