“Amazing hotel”
Review of The Ivy at Verity

The Ivy at Verity
Ranked #48 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a night with my girlfriend for her birthday. The hotel were good enough to help me organise a few of her favourite things to be waiting in the room on arrival and everything was as requested. The rooms are spectacular. Not massive, but so comfortable with beautiful bathrooms. Location was good. The staff were helpful to all requests. If you enjoy staying at boutique hotels, this is one you can't miss. Seriously, probably one of the best and most interesting hotels I've stayed at in the world. The only small downside (and I'm being picky here) was the breakfast tray had one standard croissant and one chocolate croissant, had we known we would have both requested standard croissants but only one very minor thing that had no bearing on our stay. Recommended with the highest of confidence!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Ivy at Verity

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This property, hands down, has the most amazing rooms I have ever stayed in! I was absolutely taken aback at how well designed and gorgeous my room was! The room itself and bathroom are both huge and every detail is absolute perfection! I stayed in room 4 which I could not get enough of, I only wish my trip was longer once I saw where I was going to be staying! A colleague of mine was in room 3 which I was able to visit and again I was in awe at the design and beauty of the room. The entire building has amazingly designed sitting areas that I only wish I could have explored further. My next trip to Toronto The Ivy will be a must to make me happy!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This hotel is centrally located inside a building that houses many different businesses. There are only four rooms, but are they nice. We would enjoy staying here again. The staff particularly Roger was super. This place is an oasis in the city. Only downside is parking is in the lot across the street and is about $25 per day. It is a bit hard to find as it is next to George Restaurant and there is only a small sign.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeffrey B
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Things I loved about the Ivy:
The pillows
Giant bath and nice bath salts
The fancy ginger ale (Fever Tree)
The hairdryer (no awful travel ones here)
The balcony
Free Nespresso
The lovely staff
The Bulgari ammenities (I want to smell like this forever)
Pretty wallpaper
Fresh flowers everywhere

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank dogsandcatsandbats
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The rooms at the Ivy are so beautiful, you really don't want to leave them. Save time to enjoy the spa like bath, with an assortment of scented salts and heated floors - enjoy a drink or breakfast on the balcony overlooking the secluded patio of the George restaurant - and make sure you get your full eight hours sleep in the heavenly beds - amazing comfort and luxury. The rooms are beautifully appointed, each one with a different interior design, and unlike anything you would get at a large chain hotel. Within walking distance of downtown Toronto, the Ivy is conveniently located albeit off the beaten path. We liked being able to enjoy a bottle of champagne in the seating area outside the rooms as a group - almost like being in your own home - before heading downstairs to the wonderful George restaurant. Personal and knowledgable concierge staff - access to Internet and computers - on site spa - and ambience from the exclusive Verity Women's Club. I have stayed at the Ivy many times, and already am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank onlyaretiredbanker
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The Ivy at Verity has a lot of charm. Located in an old chocolate factory, the interior of the hotel as well as our room had been given a lot of attention to detail. Our room was decorated in a warm and lush way and the amenities were great such as the selection of home made bath salts. Service was also good and friendly. The bed, manufactured by the world famous Hastens bed manufacturer, was superb: one of the best beds we have ever slept in (apart from home...). There were a couple of drawbacks which you might want to take into account when booking this hotel:

- It is located in not the best part of Toronto with a lot of homeless people on the streets.
- The hotel does not provide their own parking facilities. There is a municipal parking lot just across the street but quite expensive ($ 24 overnight) and not guarded, and a parking garage closeby (however, our SUV couldn't enter as the maximum height was 2 meters).
- There is no hotel entrance parking nor a porter service so for the not too light traveller somewhat inconvenient because of the busy street.
- The balcony is located at the back and the adjacent building has huge airconditioning vents that make a lot of noise which is not so nice when you want to enjoy a glass of wine outside your room. The same by the way applies to the patio of the George restaurant which you can overlook from the balcony and that is right under these vents. We cannot imagine this to be a nice dinner experience hence we didn't try it and ate elsewhere.

There is a turn-down service but it follows kind of strict timings so one night when we went out for dinner at about 9.30 housekeeping was not able to do this. Our dvd player turned out not to function which was a pity as we wanted to watch a dvd we received after one of us doing the CN tower edgewalk. All in all a very nice boutique hotel but with some areas of attention in terms of location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DeKokkies
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Our room was large and beautifully appointed with eclectic modern decor.
The bathroom was massive, with a separate shower and tub (with complimentary menu of bath salts) and had a spa-like feel.
The concierge was extremely helpful and courteous.
Complimentary breakfast is brought to the room (with pastries baked by the chef from the exquisite restaurant downstairs).
The beautiful balcony overlooking the restaurant courtyard is a perfect spot to take breakfast.
The room was very quiet, albeit a bit bright in the morning - I'd recommend blackout curtains.
Aside from George (downstairs), Origin is another restaurant nearby that is worth a visit.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple