“Designed with Women in Mind”
Review of The Ivy at Verity

The Ivy at Verity
Ranked #49 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
“Designed with Women in Mind”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel on business when my normal go-to options (Park Hyatt, Shangri-La, and Ritz) were fully booked. I was nervous about trying a boutique hotel in Toronto in a neighborhood I was less-familiar with, but it paid off. I instantly fell in love with this hotel and have recommended it now to at least 20 people. I was in town attending a luxury travel tradeshow as I am in hotel sales. Everyone, even the locals were surprised to hear about this little gem. Service, decor, and overall concept were all above average! I loved that it was designed with women in mind.

Room Tip: Room #4 was quite large, and had gorgeous decor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lindsey S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our tenth anniversary. It's by far the loveliest hotel experience I've ever had. The rooms are beautiful, clean, and gigantic. The bathroom is wonderful with a heated floor, deep tub, bvlgari soaps and lotions, and handmade bath salts that make the entire hotel smell amazing. I didn't want to leave. We booked a package including the room, 5 course meal, and massage. George Restaurant is exceptional, and they went out of their way to take care of us, and wish us a happy anniversary with a special dessert plate. I had the massage from Sweetgrass Spa in my room, which was wonderful. I consider it excellent value, and this will be our regular place for special occasion getaways. The only negative I can think of is the young woman concierge is nowhere near as professional as the main concierge, George, and didn't fit well with the rest of the experience. Otherwise, perfection!

Room Tip: Room 3 is beautiful, with soothing turquoise walls.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We spend one night at the Ivy as part of a longer babymoon and had a wonderful time here. The hotel is absolutely beautifully furnished and decorated, extremely clean, the staff was lovely and everything from the handmade bathsalts to the bedding was very high quality. Soft drinks were free around the clock, alcoholic beverages on an honor base (self-serve) and the breakfast (pastries, juice, fresh fruit) was lovely too. The location is central, but it was very quiet, since the rooms are towards the backyard.
We also tried out the restaurant on the first floor and it was excellent and fun. They have plenty of vegetarian options.
I didn't use the (women-only) spa, but one of the staff was kind enough to give me a tour. Again, it was beautiful. There's not only a small pool, makeup counter and different spa services, there is also a flower shop! Men can have massages at the room.
We have travelled a lot, also in top hotels, and this is definitely in our top 3!

Room Tip: We stayed at room no. 1, which was absolutely lovely.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
nj
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I almost hate to write how excited I was to discover this boutique hotel…I will never be able to snag a room once it is discovered….
The staff (George) is excellent, rooms large and luxurious, all first class. The added amenities of the spa facilities is just icing on the cake. Superb!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed at the Ivy for the weekend of our wedding. I had a few services at the Sweetgrass Spa and We had an amazing dinner at George the night before and then prep rooms and photos on the grounds on the day of. The rooms are stunning and the staff was spectacular and helped make the weekend everything one could hope for! We'll definitely be coming back on anniversaries to come!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FriendofLola
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We actually found this place through Hotels.com, it had very high ratings which were confirmed on Trip Adviser. The place is amazing, we would absolutely stay there again. The room was incredible, I had ordered flowers from their in-house florist for the room, they were in room at check-in, my wife LOVED them! Right colours and had opened up to where we were able to enjoy them during our stay. We cannot say enough about the bed, was the BEST we have ever slept in, and we have a Tempurpedic. Bathroom was a dream room, large tub, oversize shower and heated floors. What we loved most, this was a Romantic getaway for us, we felt like we were the only ones in the place. The only way we knew there were other guests was by the 3 other breakfast trays on the table waiting to be picked up in the morning. You cannot beat the location, 2 blocks from Eaton's Centre and the Subway, a quick 10 minute walk to the St. Lawrence Market. We had only minor issues, when we checked in I was handed back my driver's license but not my credit card. Spent the morning worrying if I had lost it, only to find out that it was at reception. They apologized and said they did not want to disturb us with a call, HELLO call, slip a note under the door, something! One review mentions vacuuming in the middle of the night, we heard that too, at about midnight right above our room, very loud but only for a few minutes. This was on the Friday night, not Sat or Sun. One last thing, when we checked in the concierge took our breakfast order, asked what time we wanted the nightly bed turn down and what time we wanted the room made up. Each day Housekeeping did not have the room made up until 2-3 hours after the time we had requested. In the grand scheme of things these were minor issues that are easily corrected. They will not influence our choosing to stay there again when we return to Toronto. A true gem.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Schmedley2
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

What a gem of a hotel. Beautiful decor, impeccably maintained, and can't say enough about the most comfortable bed we've ever experienced. The bathroom has heated floors, and the scent of homemade bathsalts (lavender, jasmine and eucalyptus) permeated through to the bedroom. Would definitely stay there again!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple