“Great Eats in Chinatown”
Review of Lee Garden - CLOSED

Lee Garden
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Probably the best Chinatown meal we've had in any city. There was a dinner deal for $13 that included soup and an amazing fried banana desert that was worth the price alone. Had pork, chicken, rice, one dish better than the next.
A must stop when in the area.

1  Thank ranjet

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Referred by concierge. Walked through Chinatown where every other storefront is a Chinese restaurant. Having missed lunch we arrived at 5:00. Very few people were there. Waiters were courteous, attentive, etc., etc. my husband had the vegetable chow mein, I had the spicy chicken.egg drop soup was bland.
By the time we left, every table was occupied and people were waiting out in the street for a table

1  Thank grandma4920
Reviewed 25 May 2014

If you're looking for fresh, delicious Chinese food, like chicken in a bird's nest, filet mignon with avocado and cashews, and lobster with ginger and onion...come here.

There's usually a line up, but it's worth it.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I chose this restaurant based in it's reviews here on tripadvisor. I was going to eat a restaurant I had eaten at 2 years ago just based on my experience then. Before I went there I checked this website and found this restaurant to have a higher rating and i thought it would be good to try somewhere different. I am glad I did. The menu selection was quite extensive and I had a tough time choosing my dinner. They had a special running for $12 that included a soup and choice of about 5 entree's. I decided upon a different entree so I did not go with the special.

With my dinner I ordered chicken corn soup that was served boiling hot and had excellent flavor. My shrimp dish arrived and was very good. It was a spicy dish with cashews, celery and pea pods. The dish was mildly spicy and it did not overpower the flavor of the dish at all.

For a Monday I was able to get a seat at 6pm without wait but while I was eating the place filled up quickly with people waiting. I would definitely return to eat here.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

First time visitor - stepped in on a Thursday at 7:30pm. Took one look at the packed space and the line ahead of me and prepared to leave ! However, an attentive server caught my eye and went out of his way to fit me in at a large table at the back of the restaurant at which all us "singles" could be accommodated together - excellent service and much appreciated. I had the special which was a choice of soup and a choice of entrée for a flat price of $12. I had the best hot and sour soup I have ever had - the portion ( which is formally a "small" could easily be shared by two if one were to have ordered it from the regular menu). The main dish was a deep fried boneless sweet and sour chicken. I was less impressed with the flavour which was just very sweet and sticky ( I have had more subtle flavours elsewhere); however, again the portion was generous, it came with rice and a small fresh garnish of salad and a big chunk of fresh, juicy pineapple. Left happy.

The regular menu seemed pricey to me compared with other restaurants in the area ( I am not used to paying 14-17$ for noodle dishes and fried rice ) - and many items were above 20$. However, I saw platter sized servings come out of the kitchen so perhaps it works out if a group orders items to share.

Finally : from the conversation at our table and from the casual tidbits inevitably overheard at neighboring tables : it is clear that patrons are frequent returning customers. Most seemed to be on a first name basis with their servers - this is the hallmark of a reliable establishment for certain.

1  Thank kdk0