“Double Whammy! Great Place & Great People!”

Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel
Ranked #22 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The hotel is very beautiful and modern, rooms are great, but it's the staff that make this place a winner! I haven't been to another hotel where the staff are so friendly and helpfull. From the doormen and front desk staff to the spa staff and the cleaning staff. I had a great stay there. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a centrally located hotel close to everything.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Robsinsan
Theo K, Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Dear Robsinsan,

It was a delight to read your review regarding your recent stay at the Thompson Toronto Hotel. I was so pleased to receive your kind feedback commending our service team. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and I am glad that this was your experience during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

I stay here pretty much every week when in Toronto.

It's a cool, soho or Chelsea styled NYC hotel.

Great food, bar, gym and roof top pool and bar.

The staff are all super friendly and call me out by name. Love that. Feels like home.

The Diner is awesome too.

The rooms are modern and awesome.

Highly highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank deanguest

Dear Deanguest,

Thank you for your review! I am so glad that you feel at home during your stays with us.

If there is ever anything we can do to make you feel more comfortable please do share with our team.

As always, we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

We booked the Thompson as a stay over while we attended a friends wedding in Toronto. We had never been to the Thompson but we had read some good reviews and wanted to try something new. We visit Toronto at least a dozen times a year for various reasons. Here is the good stuff. The staff are friendly and attentive, the bed is very comfortable and as we left for the wedding, the lounge bar area looked inviting. When we returned at 11:30pm, the lounge was full with approx. 50-70 people waiting to get in. The rooftop patio was booked for a private function. A couple of hours later we found out that the doors have to be pulled shut aggressively to close. That occurred continuously from 1am until 3:30 am,.......not fun, and the kicker, no coffee maker in the room to help us wake up for the drive home Sunday morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank C
Theo K, Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Frank C,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent Stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you appreciated our friendly and attentive staff, I will be sure to share your comments with our service team.

Please accept my apologies if your sleep was disturbed by the guest room doors closing. We are investigating this issue and will take immediate steps to find a resolution. We appreciate that you have brought this to our attention.

I am pleased to let you know that we offer espresso based coffees as well as fresh brewed coffee twenty four hours a day through our room service department. In addition we also offer complimentary coffee, in the lobby, during the business week from 6:30AM to 8:30AM.

Director or Rooms

Reviewed 23 April 2013

This was a great stay in every sense of the word. The hotel was absolutely beautiful. From a service stanpoint it was one of the best experiences I have had, and I travel quite a bit. The food was exceptional too. I can't say enough about the quality of the staff, and I mean literally every single person I dealt with there. I would not think twice about staying there again. All of this, and the price was very, VERY reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jack S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Our service team will be delighted to hear your feedback as it was my pleasure to read your comments recognizing our associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Thompson Toronto.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I've used Thompson Toronto a few times for corporate trips, and the concierge team is one of the best I've seen! It is not easy to coordinate travel for groups, but Paula (Chef Concierge) and her team were nothing but accommodating, resourceful, and responsive to all of my inquiries and needs. The Thompson team went out of their way to ensure that our stay with them was comfortable and effortless during a busy business trip. We will defintely be staying with them again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Theo K, Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear DanielleW12354,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I would like to sincerely thank you for commending our service team. Your kind recognition has been very well received by our team.

We look forward to welcoming your group back very soon,

Director or Rooms

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Modern hotel, nice lobby, clean and comfortable rooms. Bars and Restaurants on site, great view from the rooftop lounge and the diner had really good breakfast. Great location, easy to get around and always taxis available. The staff were very friendly and will help in any way they can.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Theo K, Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear Bentley2013,

Thank you for staying with us, I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy the Thompson Diner and found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Director of Rooms

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Ring... Ring... Ring... "Sir, this is your wake up call"..... I hate getting up early, especially somewhere boring, yet when I rolled over and gazed into the beautiful white marble bathroom I was excited.... The waterfall shower last night before bed was exquisite, and the thought of stepping onto the heated marble floor, and smelling the lemon shampoo were a perfect pick me up.... even if the soft snuggly Sferra linens did their best to coax me into drifting off again... attempting to escape the lingering effects of last nights drinks at the Lobby bar...The crowd here is unlike any other in the city, and you would be doing yourself a great disservice not to sit down, order a drink and take in the surroundings. The Hotel staff are extraordinary and have just the right amount of professionalism, mixed with a keen sense of humour and a very pleasant demeanor. As I was checking out at 4:30am a group of 3 very scantily clad women emerged from the elevator and exited... Whereupon the concierge shared a witty remark and we had a quick laugh... It was a wonderful way to start the day. I can't say enough about the exceptional staff, They made my stay exciting.... right from checking in until the moment I left.... and even if the bartenders were somewhat slow on service, the drinks were good and they more than made up for it with their enthusiasm. Breakfast at the Thompson Diner was a treat as well...Great coffee, good food and a half dozen or so after hours party goers... It was 4:30am and listening to late night tales made for an entertaining breakfast. Perhaps I'm a little biased towards my like of the Thompson, but I can't stand anything that is dull. The Thompson is exciting and possesses a rare combination of great design, Friendly staff, wonderful location, and most of all an edgy personality that will make you want to come back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear Walter S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere of the Hotel and appreciate you acknowledging our staff.

We hope you will return soon to experience our Rooftop Lounge and Bar as the weather improves with the season.

Director of Rooms