“Great Day Out”

Chariots of Fire Ltd.
Ranked #6 of 138 Tours in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Chariots of Fire offers Niagara Falls day tours starting in Toronto or Niagara Falls, Ontario. Our award winning tours include riverside viewing at the brink of the Falls, a scenic tour on the Niagara parkway with pictures stops at the Whirlpool Rapids, Hydro-electric dams, Floral Clock and Queenston Heights, free time at Niagra-on-the-Lake and complimentary tasting at an Estate Winery, including ice wine. All this for $77 per person (tax extra), children 3 years and under are free .
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We selected this tour company based on the great reviews and it lived up to expectations. The bus arrived on time and the driver/guide Mel kept it that way throughout which meant maximizing our time for seeing the sights. Bus was spotless and nice touches like cookies for the kids. Mel's commentary was very informative and witty. Maid of the Mist boat trip to the falls was the highlight.

1  Thank 170Hampton

Reviewed 4 August 2012

This tour is excellently organised and offers wonderful stops at viewing points along the way. The Maid in the mist tour is great but by far the highlight of the tour for us was the visit to Niagara on the Lake - What a beautiful place. I would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Maybe we just hit a bad day, but this trip did not live up to my expectations.

The pictures on the website show vans, but we were in a full size bus with at least 60 other people. They were nice people, but there were a lot of us and it was not the intimate experience I wanted.

Mel seems to have given the same talk so many times that he was on autopilot. It was not quite a monotone, but it was close. He even repeated entire sections of his talk verbatim without realizing it. (I know he says that he repeats some things, but those were instructions. He was also repeating general site and history information.)

We spent too little time at Niagara on the Lake. It is a very pretty town that we would have like to see, but there was literally just enough time to eat a quick, fast lunch and then get back on the bus.

Some people complain all the time, but I am not one of those people. (You can check my other reviews) However, I would not recommend Chariots of Fire based on the experience we had.

3  Thank Jake M
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We had Sam for a tour guide, and the day was amazing! I couldn't have done and seen all the things we did if I had gone myself and driven everywhere. Such a great price for the entire days worth of fun. Niagara Falls, Niagara on the Lake, and the Vineyard. It was a lovely day! Recommend this tour for everyone, it was fantastic!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

This trip was excellent. Our Driver Mel was so informative with a fab sense of humour. I booked this at last minute and can not complain about anything even the girl on the phone taking the booking, excellent value for money at CAD$60(plus taxes) and would recommend paying the extra CAD$12 to do both the Skylon and the Maid of the Mist.

I had an absolutely fantastic day, well organised and interesting and I would totally recommend that if anyone wants to do this tour to book through these guys at www.niagara-tours.ca or if you want to book with less than 24 hours on 905-693-8761