“Cuban Sunday brunch????”
Review of Lula Lounge

Lula Lounge
Ranked #13 of 269 Nightlife in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: For a decade now, Lula Lounge distinguished itself as Toronto’s home for groundbreaking Latin, Jazz and World Music. Our audience reflects our programming - The crowd at Lula is one of the most diverse, friendly, and multi-generational and multi-ethnic crowds in the city, what ties them together is love of music, having a good time, drinking, dinning and dancing!Friday and Saturday night Lula presents the city's top Salsa bands, Djs and Dance Instructors. The friendly beginner's lesson is great way to break the ice, no partner necessary. For a great night out the $49 package is recommend, it includes a 3 course dinner.Sunday's from 11-2 there's a Family Cuban Brunch with Lice Cuban music, a brunch Buffet and Dance Class. Sunday through Thursday evening you can experience anything from Chamber Music to Blues, Spoken Word to Tuvan Throat Singers, South Asian to Goth, check out ww.lula.ca for the schedule!
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Been there for a "cuban" sunday brunch. lets resume...
food was terrible, nothing related with real cuban food, everything was really hot and a lot of curry???
atmosphere: this place is really needing a lift
service was poor to nothing
salsa classes??? come on guys ,,,
live music??? really ... nothing to do with authentic cuban music...
washrooms are disgusting ...
as I'm Cuban I can't be more disappointed!!

2  Thank jssossa

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Got together with friends for a Sunday Brunch it was an enjoyable time. The food was very good, and plentiful. The music was great and we enjoyed a little dancing. Overall a fun time. I recommend and will be back.

4  Thank Maria4444442
Reviewed 3 March 2013

A great place in an interesting part of Toronto.
The service was great and the music and dancing was amazing.

We will be back soon for some more for sure.

3  Thank MrRichard7
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I was looking for a unique place to celebrate a birthday and stumbled upon Lula Lounge. Everyone who attended had an amazing time! It so happened that the day of the event was the day we were blasted with a huge winter storm....the staff was extremely patient and understanding with the number of phone calls confirming and re-conforming reservations and plans for the evening. We were a group of nine - and did not stop complimenting the atmosphere, entertainment and food. The atmosphere was not in any way pretentious, the entertainment was lively and full of musical emotion (the Jazz band, the 12 piece Cuban band - Black Market and DJ), and the food (from appetizer to dessert) was delicious.
Our server was a delight all night long - very polite, attentive and timed the service perfectly! We never once felt rushed to finish your meal because they wanted to clear the table. Both bands and DJ were also phenomenal. There aren't many places you can visit for dinner, dancing and entertainment combined with great service and a good time. Lula's made a special night extraordinary.

3  Thank Ellena A
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I took my boyfriend out to Lula Lounge for his birthday on Fri. Dec. 21 and we had such a good time! We each got a 3-course dinner and everything was delicious. I had a fish plate as my main course & he had the steak. We both loved it (and believe me, my boyfriend is picky!) and the homemade desserts were amazing.

They had a reasonably large and decently priced drink menu, and even though we didn't order wine the list looked good.

They were quite busy, but our waitress was really on the ball and super friendly. She delivered our drinks and food reasonably quickly and was just a pleasure all night long.

This alone would make me want to go back, but I can't leave out what really made this whole excursion worthwhile - the live entertainment. There was a phenomenal 4-piece jazz band who played for about an hour during dinner (sorry, can't remember their name), followed by an entertaining and not too difficult beginner salsa dance lesson. Then the lights went down and a huge, probably 10 or 11 piece Cuban salsa band called Cafe Cubano got on stage and totally blew us away. We're not normally salsa enthusiasts but we were on the dancefloor for practically their whole set! The DJ that came on after switched it up a bit and ended our evening with some more typical top-40 dance tunes, which we're a bit more accustomed to.

While it wasn't dirt cheap, for the amount of great food and entertainment we got it was more than worth it. We paid $49 each (I think the steak dinner was a few dollars more) for two 3-course meals, 2 live shows, a DJ, a dance lesson and great memories! After drinks tax and tip I didn't even break $200. For a night out in Toronto - not bad at all!

6  Thank adele K