“great place to stay!”

Comfy Guest House and Suite
Ranked #5 of 116 Toronto B&B and Inns
“great place to stay!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

For Toronto Indy I stayed at the Comfy Guest House again, perfect place to get to any place in the city! Friendly owner that is very helpfull too! The room was nice and cool and the bed super to get the needed rest!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Erie v

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just came back from 4 day stay at Comfy house with a friend of mine.We were 100% satisfied from start to finish.Tahir ,the owner,is such a nice person and so helpful,and above all professional,very concerned about how everything goes in his guest house.All the rooms were filled during our visit,and it was very quiet,everyone respected one another.There is full kitchen where we prepared our breakfast each day,also two fully equipped bathrooms which are very clean and well kept up.You are right in downtown just minutes from Yonge street,restaurants galore next to you etc.etc.It was our first stay there and won't be our last for sure.We are looking forward to our next visit to TO and staying at Comfy House once again.Its everything you would want in guest house,a home away from home. We highly recommend.

Room Tip: We were two people and had room next to kitchen and full washroom which were both very convenient.Th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Roger F
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I first read the reviews when choosing an accommodation for us. The location is perfect for downtown Toronto. Mr. Tahir was very efficient in answering our queries and been very helpful. Overall we are very happy to stay here. In fact this is our second stay at comfy guest house. It is clean, very basic. You get a decent place where you can sleep and rest. There is a common kitchen that everyone can use. Security and safety wise, it is very safe. We are very at home with this property. We will definitely come back and stay here again whenever we are in Toronto. Thank you Mr. Tahir for making us feel at home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sirhippo
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The property feels more like a hostel than a Guest House, even though single rooms are the offering with shared kitchen facilities and baths. The house itself is old and architecturally quite nice in its original form. As with many similar attempts at splitting a single family home into multiple private and semi-private areas it is done only with facility in mind. Some pieces are new, some old, most patched, but none done very well. This I rather anticipated given the price. What I did not expect was the the requirement to shed my shoes at the door and use flip flops worn by god know how many other feet of who knows what condition. Nor did I expect 8-1/2 x 11 signs at every turn exhorting me to do this, consider that, and definitely not to do the other. These I found patronizing at best and offensive at worst.
I really don't understand how others have given this place such a high rating. To me the experience was like entering an alternative universe. Oh, well. To each his own.

Room Tip: Good luck with that!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank SeaStock
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was my second stay here in thier singla small room. Just the right size for a single traveler. As in my last review this place is very good for a guest house, note not a B&B or hotel. Shared bathroom and kitchen. Small but comfy!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Joshua Y
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at Comfy Guesthouse at the end of april for a few nights. Tahir is such a nice person! The place was clean and tidy, and I felt that my money was well spent. My only issue is that it's hard to do anything without disturbing others in the evening. I couldn't even talk on the phone (quietly!) in my room without the guy beside me trying to beat down my door to tell me that I needed to be quiet. Sheesh. Other than that, Comfy Guesthouse is a wonderful place and I definitely recommend it to those who wish to have affordable, decent accommodation that feels like a home, and do not expect it to be like some fancy five star hotel when it is CLEARLY advertised as a guesthouse. I will be staying there again the next time I visit Toronto. Thanks Tahir :D

Room Tip: Choose the suite that has its own washroom, if you do plan on being up late. I would get in late eve...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at the comfy guest house by myself (female) in a little room just off the kitchen. My room was clean, all the other guests were quiet and the kitchen was well stocked and I was happy to be able to eat breakfast "at home" every day. I thought the neighborhood was a tiny bit sketchy, I'm pretty used to that, so it didn't bother me, but I can definitely see how someone might not be comfortable with it. I used the rental bikes nearby which was awesome, and the Allan Gardens conservatory is about 2 blocks away! It's close to downtown, and when I was biking around, it was a perfect base of operations for my daily excursions. I also really appreciated that Tahir let me store my luggage in the house after check out so I didn't have to lug it around all day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo