“The Keg never disappoints.”
Review of The Keg

The Keg
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 9,076 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I came here with a fairly large group of friends on a Thursday night after work and it was packed. Luckily, we were able to get a table after 30 minutes. The location is very centrally located and the atmosphere is very consistent with other Kegs. Food was served in a timely manner and delicious as always.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,618)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I recently visited with my girlfriend and we had a great evening!

We both had steaks and we liked how they provided a description of how they cook for the different levels e.g. Medium. The steaks were perfectly cooked and came with a really nice gravy/red wine reduction. My girlfriend got the baked potato and hasn't stopped talking about it since.

The service was very good, I would highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I absolutely love this Keg location. The service is always friendly and on point. It's a nice large location so plenty of tables, beautiful patio on nice days. Great wine selection by the glass in various size options. The steak is always cooked perfectly to my request. The seasonal specials are reasonably priced.

I have found since being diagnosed Celiac that eating out is challenging. Often I don't quite trust the care in a kitchen to not cross contaminate plus going through the Q&A with the serving staff can be exhausting and a little embarrassing sometimes. This Keg location takes that away for me and makes eating out easy again. When they greet us at the door, I simply have to ask for their Gluten-free menu. They seat me and a floor manager comes with the menu and they ask if it is allergy or preference. When told it is Celiac, they explain potential cross contamination points (fries fried in same fryer as calamari). The meal is even delivered separately from my dining companions and I'm always asked if it is ok for bread to be on the table for my gluten-eating friends. I have never gotten ill from eating here and I continue to frequent as my "go-to" for a night out with the girls.

I also love the sheer number of dishes still available to me on their menu with a few small tweaks. Thank you Keg Esplanade!!!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I went to the Keg after going to the ballet with my husband as we did not have time to go out for dinner before hand. We just needed a snack.

We had the asparagus and seafood side as well as the chicken wrap. All of the food was tasty and well prepared. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. The ambiance was good and the place was packed. This is not the usual case in most restaurants when you go that late you feel like you are keeping everyone from going home.

The washroom is on the main floor and pleasant but dark.

I would go here again after the theater.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Excellent food. From your food selection; ask for the crab first before the steak is delivered; if not your steak will be cold before you finish cracking the crab...lol

Been to The Keg? Share your experiences!