“DO NOT EVEN DREM OF STAYING THERE”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Toronto Downtown - East Furnished Apartments
Toronto, Canada
“DO NOT EVEN DREM OF STAYING THERE”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed in this accommodation for 5 days and these 5 days are my worst days in my life.
I landed there and no body was there to show me the room. The manager Jessie just took the money for the 5 days and asked me to go to the room which is almost 200-300 meters away from the office. I went all the way to the room holding my luggage of arond 40KGs suitcases and other stuff. Nobody was there to help me or guide me to the room. The room is kept unlocked and the moment I entered in to room, it is stinking and I felt that some 10-20 rats are dead in that room and could not bear the smell and came out for some some fresh air.
The bed was not cleaned, the linen and the bed sheets were not washed. Horrible room I have ever seen in my life. I stayed there just because its just walkable to my business place ans was suffered a lot.
The hospitality of the staff is pathetic and nobody cares to fix any issues in the room, even after repeated complaints.
I request every body in this world to to just avaoid this services under any circumstances. Even if you need to stay on footpath, that will be better tahn this accommodation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank chaitu_king

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This property is substandard. We stayed a month in questionable setting. No contract, no complimentary walk through or shopping tour as advertised. Kitchen is not fully equipped - we tried to bake a pie and subsequently were informed baking function in ovens in building were disabled as not to get fire department involved as apparently had happened in the past. Cutting knife couldn't even cut anything. We had to buy not only cutting knife but also wok as there was no frying pan. The outlet in stove to plug microwave in didn't work so there were not enough outlets for all electrical appliances provided (hot water, toaster, microwave).

Caveat: no air conditioning so we're practically sweating. And believe it or not, we were placed on top floor of 4 floor building with no elevator. Imagine carting suitcases and stuff up the many flight of stairs...

The beds have the cheapest mattresses I have ever slept on - and do not fit a regular 6' person. Squeaks, both our backs aren't the greatest as a result.

Mail service unreliable - we got notice from post office two days after notice was dropped off/left.

There was no contract. No information sheet. At time of check in, superintendent showing apartment didn't know how phone system - incoming calls and voice mail - worked or our code for it. Key to back of building didn't work so had to walk from parking lot around to front to enter building. All sorts of inconveniences. Frankly its not worth the money spent.

Do not construe this as bitter gripes but rather, 'from the horse's mouth' on our observations. Undoubtedly we were disappointed beyond belief.

I wouldn't call this a hotel so disregard hotel-related questions that Tripadvisor requires.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
12 Thank dray33
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Jessica Yao, the property manager of the place made us live a nightmare in the first day we arrived Toronto. The house was colder than than the outside, even snow was dropping from one of the windows and they advised us to put a pot under the window to collect the water. Like a very bad joke! There were nearly no kitchen utilities other than 2 old pots and 3-4 very old plates. They better throw them to the garbage. We immediately left the place and found a hotel that night at the cost of missing our deposit. I still can not believe how they can ask for such high rents for a terrible place.

NEVER STAY THERE unless you wanna live a nightmare.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank Torontotravellers034
Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed 2 September 2010

This is a terrible place. Though the apartment was supposed to be fully-furnished, a lot of kitchen utensils were missing. It had not been cleaned properly. There were problems one after the other. Then there was problem with the roaches. The roaches would run over the kitchen counter, stove and in & out of the microwave. If that was not enough, house centipedes started appearing too. The TV remote would not work. The washing machine/dryer are in the basement, but the basement itself looks horrible and smells moldy. I would recommend you skip this place and stay somewhere else. We left the apartment earlier than the planned check out date.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family