“I miss the Studio Cafe”

Ranked #4 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
Edmonton, Canada
“I miss the Studio Cafe”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We celebrated my daughters birthday at the new Cafe Boulud and thought it was terrific. But unlike the Studio Cafe where we enjoyed early saturday night dinners with the kids, date night, birthdays, new babies etc.. the new restaurant is special occasion only. Doesn't seem like the bar fits the bill either. And I notice the replies from the hotel are cookie cutter - meaning its an auto-generated response. If this is the New Four Seasons it makes me miss the old hotel even more!
I will still stay at Four Seasons overseas but I think I will check out the other "5 stars" right here in town!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank kidstravel1
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you very much for your excellent review of Cafe Boulud. I am glad you had a terrific experience, and I hope your daughter had a fantastic birthday. Your feedback is very helpful as we are opening our new hotel and restaurant, as our goal for Cafe Boulud is for it to become the "neighborhood favorite" - like Studio Cafe was - for casual dinners with family and friends. I sincerely assure you that my replies are not auto-generated, as I personally read and respond to every review. It is the reviews and feedback such as yours that will ensure that we deliver the best experience for our guests. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons soon.

Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Cafe Boulud is a spectacular new entrant on the Toronto scene. We were a party of three and our dinner was star quality, despite the restaurant only having opened its doors a couple of weeks earlier. The menus are designed by Daniel Boulud, who has earned a Michelin rosette in another venture, and executed under Tyler Shedden. Every dish is immaculately produced, a treat to the eye and the palette. I enjoyed a fabulously elegant duck egg, presented like a gilded jewel on a bed of wild mushrooms, followed by a beautiful dish of Nova Scotia halibut in an exceptional shrimp sauce. The dessert of hazelnut Gianduja Gateau was a mouth-watering delight. My wife and son were similarly pleased with their choices. The setting is marvellously stylish, the staff elegant and attentive. No wonder it's not easy to find a table on the date of your choice, but it's such a brilliant experience that it's well worth booking in advance and compromising with your dates if you can. Cafe Boulud is expensive for sure, coming out at 120 dollars per head with champagne and before tip, but it is set fair to be recognised as on of the finest restaurants in Canada, and for that it was good value.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Horace4590
HaniRoustom, Cafe Boulud and dbar General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Thank you for your excellent review of Cafe Boulud Toronto. I am thrilled to hear your entire dinner experience was "star quality" -- the duck egg and halibut dishes are two of my favorites as well. I have personally shared your comments with Chef Daniel Boulud, Chef Tyler Shedden, and our entire staff. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cafe Boulud again soon.

Hani Roustom
Cafe Boulud Toronto and dbar
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My husband & I had the opportunity to stay at the newly opended Four Seasons Hotel last week. We contacted the concierge a couple of weeks prior to our arrival and everyone that we spoke to was extremely courteous & knowledgeable. Julie gave us great recommendations for authentic Chinese food, Georgina was EXTREMELY helpful with suggestions for dinner in Greek Town, while Nidhi (Head Concierge) emailed us with great suggestions while in Toronto. Tim (?), another one of their concierge, was very helpful in regards to obtaining the iPAD cover that was attached to the iPAD that was in our room. We even had Mr. Zarikos (Regional VP & GM) come up to us to personally wish us Happy Anniversary and welcomed us to the Four Seasons. A special mention should go to Erick at the front desk - he was the person who handled our check-in and he was so kind and professional, always trying to ensure that our stay was excellent. He even gave us a nice parting gift with a lovely hand-written note upon our departure. Top Notch! Our suite was outstanding - I think we were the first ones to stay in our room! Our view was great and our windows were CLEAN (unlike other poster), our evening turn down service was stellar. Marcela Jaramillo at Cafe Boulud was VERY accomodating and she was extremly professional and took great pride in working at this hotel. Overall, the service and our room was OUTSTANDING! Thanks to all of the employees who made our 10th Wedding Anniversary a great one!
Maria & Robert Sarro

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WorkToTravel65
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Dear Maria and Robert,
Thank you so much for your outstanding review of our new hotel! I am thrilled to hear that you had such a terrific experience staying with us on the very special occasion of your 10th wedding anniversary, and it was an absolute pleasure meeting you both during your stay. I have shared your wonderful comments with our Concierge team, Front Desk, Hotel Manager, and Cafe Boulud. Our entire Four Seasons family looks forward to welcoming you back again soon.

All the Best,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I had THE BEST back and neck massage at the Spa of the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto. Great atmosphere, the people working there were beautiful and welcoming. I felt revitalized. Totally recommend it, amazing experience!!

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Daniela S
Excellent! I am very pleased to hear that you had the best massage in our Spa and feel completely revitalized. Thank you for your great feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My wife and I spent one night at the new Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto expecting it to match or exceed the Four Seasons standards we all recognize.
Sad to say, it disappointed. The windows in our suite were filthy, the powder room door would not close properly (poor quality control), and the evening turn down service never happened.
The room itself was spacious but it's low ceilings gave a sense of smallness. The living room furniture was austere and unwelcoming.
The hotel itself is architecturally stunning. The lobby level and bar are impressive.
It's a beautiful hotel but it certainly needs help. Toronto's competition is now stiff.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for writing your review. I appreciate your comments, and I have shared your feedback with our entire team. As we open our new hotel, it is the feedback from our guests that enables us to be aware of every detail, so that we can ensure that you have a wonderful stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the architecture, bar, and lobby, and I assure you that we are correcting issues so that our guests experience the service and standards for which Four Seasons is known. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Best Regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2012

The spa is beautifully decorated and very zen-like. Everyone was welcoming and service- oriented. 'Had a wonderful "plumping"/anti- aging facial by Cathy, who was extremely professional and told me all about the mineral-based products she was using. Enjoyed my spa experience immensely!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank tacritic
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Spa experience immensely. The space is very serene and beautiful - we frequently hear that the Spa is an oasis of calm in the middle of this busy city! I will certainly share your wonderful feedback with Cathy and the rest of our Spa team. Thank you so much for your comments.

Toronto
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I went to the spa and had fabulous pedicure and manicure.
I tried the " deluxe treatments". I was welcomed and accompanied to a beautiful and luxurious spa change room. Took a quick tour of the spa and then changed into a gorgeous yummy robe. My manicurist, Michelle met me right on time and took me to the treatment area. I had some scrub, moisturizing, heated rock massage of hands and feet. This manicurist is very experienced and a delight! She made sure to consult with me along the way about how much pressure to use, type of polish, and shape of nails.

Todd Hewitt checked in with me to see how things were going. He is looking after every detail and making sure you have perfect experience.

I can highly recommend this spa!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends