“Finally a real Four Seasons in Toronto”

Ranked #2 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 26 October 2012

What a great update of a hotel that had gone far past its prime. The new Four Seasons is classy, chic and busy. The room I stayed in was large and spacious and the services offered were very good.

The restaurant is busy and you may need to make a reservation to get in.

I was most impressed at the level of service just a mere 2 weeks after opening. Definitely Toronto's best in the making.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Thank you very much, I'm so pleased you experienced excellent service and had a great stay. We have a fantastic team. It has been a busy few weeks indeed - and yes I definitely recommend making reservations at Cafe Boulud. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Write a ReviewReviews (2,525)

Reviewed 26 October 2012

this hotel apparently opened on Oct 5th and its gorgeous... modern, slick and a great bar to boot.
Daniel Bouloud has a cafe Bouloud Restaurant, great dinner experience if you're a foodie...

Had a spa treatment and recommed you ask for Melissa, i have had many and she took it to the next level.

Great rooms, very contempory and serice was typical FS "greatness"....

Room Tip: ask for a high floor, views south or west....
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your excellent review! We will certainly share your great feedback with Melissa and the Spa team. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Toronto soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

We spent two nights at the Four Seasons in October. We spent >$800/night. This was singularly the most disappointing stay ever. The hotel is dingy - colors are graphite and white. The rooms are colorless. The staff was less than well trained. There were two separate fire alarms in two days. One was at 2am in the morning and a false alarm. The other was at 2pm and a false alarm. No apologies were made for this. There was constant loud construction constantly in the hotel and jackhammers outside. We couldn't find the bar. We carried our own luggage and did not have a door opened for us. It was like a morgue. Yonge street has turned into a pit of head shops and junk on the street so the location of this place is poor. No longer are there good restaurants, boutiques or decent interesting walks here.
This was the worst hotel and extremely overpriced. You could not pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank brendai792

Thank you very much for your review. Your comments are most helpful as we are opening our new hotel. I sincerely apologize for the fire alarm occurrences. Our guests' safety is our top priority, and unfortunately the alarms were beyond our control. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons, to enjoy our exceptional Spa, world-class cuisine, and proximity to the city's best shopping. Our hotel is located on the corner of Bay Street and Yorkville Avenue, next to the luxury shops (Chanel, Prada, Louis Vuitton, etc.) and dozens of great cafes, restaurants, galleries, museums, and boutiques - it is a perfect afternoon walk. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

Firstly, Our dinner in Cafe Boulud was spectacular. I had the lamb and it was the most delicious things I have eaten in a restaurant in a long time. Having been to Daniel Boulud's DBGB in NYC, I had high expectations for his new post in Toronto. The service and food far exceeded my expectations.
The next day I had a massage at the spa. I was told to arrive early, and am so happy that I did. I was greeted and given a tour of the pool and change room (which feels more like a beautiful and comfortable living room than a hotel spa). I was escorted to the Ruby room where I was greeted by my RMT, Jeff. The aromatherapy massage was devine.

The Four Seasons has really out done themselves.

Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2012

What an excellent review - thank you! I agree - this hotel was certainly well worth the wait! The lamb dish at Cafe Boulud is one of my favorite items on the menu as well. We will be sure to share your excellent feedback for the Spa with Jeff and the Spa team. Can't wait to have you back at Four Seasons soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Spent a great afternoon with a good friend in town from London at the new D-Bar which is without a doubt is a definite hit with the the Toronto beautiful people! The lobby bar was busy all afternoon with guests enjoying the swanky brand new Four Seasons Hotel which is sure to be the best hotel in town in the best location! Cocktails we're followed by an outstanding facial at the Spa which was beyond our expectations! There is no other spa like this in Toronto so I think everyone should check it out and treat themselves to a luxurious pamper day at this new hot spot....you'll be blown away!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thank you very much for posting your review! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed a great afternoon in dbar and a treatment in our Spa as well. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2012

A stunning new Four Seasons in the best area in Toronto!
Perfection in so many ways.
Staff, housekeeping, rooms, beds, spa, --- and food!
If you are looking for the best, look no further than the Four Seasons Toronto.

Room Tip: If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then you are likely to find the perfect room for...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

I am thrilled to hear you had a first-class experience while staying in our hotel. Thank you for sharing your comments with us - I will be sure to share this review with our entire team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

We celebrated my daughters birthday at the new Cafe Boulud and thought it was terrific. But unlike the Studio Cafe where we enjoyed early saturday night dinners with the kids, date night, birthdays, new babies etc.. the new restaurant is special occasion only. Doesn't seem like the bar fits the bill either. And I notice the replies from the hotel are cookie cutter - meaning its an auto-generated response. If this is the New Four Seasons it makes me miss the old hotel even more!
I will still stay at Four Seasons overseas but I think I will check out the other "5 stars" right here in town!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank kidstravel1
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you very much for your excellent review of Cafe Boulud. I am glad you had a terrific experience, and I hope your daughter had a fantastic birthday. Your feedback is very helpful as we are opening our new hotel and restaurant, as our goal for Cafe Boulud is for it to become the "neighborhood favorite" - like Studio Cafe was - for casual dinners with family and friends. I sincerely assure you that my replies are not auto-generated, as I personally read and respond to every review. It is the reviews and feedback such as yours that will ensure that we deliver the best experience for our guests. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons soon.