“Great choice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Marina di Sorso
“Great choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

This hotel is really great. It's situated right in the "middle" of the city, you can even take profit to take a look at the English quarter right "around the corner" just a walk away. I loved the ambiance, the service and the whole admosphere of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we really appreciate your feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I have been fortunate to have experienced various Four Seasons properties across North Amercia and Asia and I must say, that each experienced and been nothing short of "amazing!"

The attention to detail is impeccable! From the greeting at the lobby to the friendly attentive staff at the front desk-every detail has been well thought out!

My most recent experience has been at the new Dbar, Yorkville. I was quickly greeted by friendly staff whom offered to take my coat and instantly sat my group down to be served.

The place was definitely a perfect social setting to unwind from a busy day at the office:) The wait staff were prompt, informative and happy to serve us! The music was appropriate and oh my goodness the FOOD!!!

From yummy charcuterie boards, flat bread pizzas, crispy artichokes, and the delicious Beef Frankfurter all of which I would highly recommend!!!

The quality of food, amazing atmosphere and attentive staff makes you wanting to set up regular social gatherings here!

I know it's definitely on the top of my list of, "go to's" in Toronto!

I highly recommend DBar for you next excuse to step outside of your comfort zone! Stepping foot in this venue will leave you with lasting impressions and experiences.

Wishing Four Seasons Yorkville an amazing 2014!

• Stayed December 2013
      Cleanliness
Thank you for your review! We sincerely appreciate your continued loyalty to our brand, and are so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel as well as the others you've stayed at. I'm delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the food and service at dbar. I will share all of your kind words with them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another delicious meal!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Having sold our house in Toronto, we now stay in hotels a week a month - and get the chance to check out a number of Toronto's great hotel properties. Since we do come quite frequently and pay personally, price is a factor as well as overall ambiance, clarity, service and function.

Staying on the weekends tends to be less expensive than during the week and so we paid around $450 a night for a upgraded room - with a $100 credit on hotel services applied to our total stay included. The Hotels.com price was the same as The Four Seasons own site and while I like Hotels.com, there were more options working directly with the hotel site. It is about $100 more than a comparable hotel in the area but the experience difference is extraordinary.

It is an unusual hotel in that it has a somewhat underwhelming lobby and I didn't know until we were leaving that there was a restaurant on the second floor! I just never knew and never saw any signage. Having said that, we celebrated in the main floor bar area and I thought it was beautiful, exceptionally well run with a great team. The bar concierge/server Courtney was fantastic and all the staff seemed to be at the table just when you wanted them and no more. Pricing was expensive - typical of a top hotel.

But here is where things get special. The rooms are incredible. New, well finished, generously equipped with high end bathrooms with little touches like a separate toilet area to the main bathroom, a giant tub and great lighting and little touches like electrical outlets and a TV.

The sheets, the mattress, pillows - perfect. You order room service and find out about what is available with the in room iPad and frankly, I just kinda gave up. I live on my iPad but I don't want to surf to find out what there is - I would rather have a few pages to browse at. I never got through to the spa pages within the site but likely would have booked a massage if it was just information right in front of me. This is not a technology issue - I am a partner in a site - it's just too much navigation to allow spontaneous activity. But I cheated myself because we checked out the spa and the pool and the exercise room and the hot tub and you won't find a nicer one in the city. The Four Seasons may have the best gym in Toronto. And the pool was warm; it made it peaceful and harmonious. A little touches like music under water. I mean, every little thing is covered. 100% does not do it justice.

And you can get in and out of the pool/spa area from your room without too much public space exposure which is excellent also.

The staff all call you by name and not the "hi Gareth" but "hello Mr. Seltzer" which I think is more professional. Even the associate coming to get my bags says call us by name and asks us if we have enjoyed our stay at the property.

Room service is expensive but good. But expensive. For us, I think we would pass next time and go to the newly discovered restaurant or one of the many places around the neighbourhood. But if you are there for business, bust it loose and enjoy some of the best hotel food in Toronto. The rooms have plenty of complimentary water and the the spa/gym has complimentary fruit and tea.

Having been a regular at a hotel just around the corner for the past year, I think I was just converted. The slightly higher price is worth it. Sure walking in and out of the underwhelming entrance (past the smokers) is slightly unusual - but once you are inside you will be sold in my opinion. Not just a top quality space but top quality associates who complete the deal.

Room Tip: Higher the better and priced that way. But all the rooms are equally terrific in their aesthetic an...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. Your feedback is truly important to us, and I will be sure to share your thoughts with the rest of the hotel, as you make some very great points. I am so pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience with us, and enjoyed all of the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

My company recently held our national sales meeting at the Four Seasons Toronto and the entire executive management staff was very impressed with the caliber of the facilities, the quality of the staff, and the lengths they were all willing to go to to ensure every one of our needs were met. The rooms were incredibly comfortable, and excellently equipped for both the business traveller and the customer looking to escape and relax. The spa was top-notch and my masseuse was phenomenal. I would highly recommend the Four Seasons Toronto for anyone who wants the best of quality, service, and amenities. Excellent overall.

Room Tip: Go for the best priced option, as the quality is top-notch in all of the rooms. The only reason you...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so pleased to hear that your meeting was a success and that you enjoyed your experience as well as the facilities at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for both business and pleasure!

Kind regards,
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Our company hosted our National Sales Meeting at the The Four Seasons Toronto for the second year in a row since their customer service and banquet facilities are excellent. Their attention to detail was amazing and the staff was very attentive with those with food allergies.
The meeting function space is beautiful and the sound is fantastic. The staff and management (Adam, Sara, Wesley, Kaul and all other who were involved with our meeting) at the Four Seasons took great pride in the hotel and ensured that each and every one of my 150 guests received the best service possible.
Count on being treated like royalty when you visit since they all go way out of their way to make sure everything is to your utmost satisfaction.
I love their guest rooms, the beds are so comfortable and the bathrooms are huge. The towels and robes are ultra soft which made it hard to leave my room to attend our meeting!
Can't wait to visit the hotel again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It's so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed all of our facilities and felt like royalty during your stay. I will pass along your kind words to Adam, Sara, Wesley, Kaul and all of the others who were involved in planning your meeting. We look forward to welcoming you back for the third year in a row!

Annapolis, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Four days in the Four Seasons Toronto, Yorkville, was just perfect. The staff - from the bellmen to the receptionist at the front desk to the servers at dbar strive to make your stay welcoming and relaxing. The hotel is ideally located right in the middle of great shopping and although it was absolutely freezing, you were close enough to the stores that you hardly felt it. The area is safe, clean and close to anything you could possible require. However, if you never left the hotel, you'd be just fine. Room service is excellent and prompt and the restaurants are both very good. The bar pours one of the best drinks in the city. The rooms are extremely well thought out - plenty of closets and drawers! The security is top notch and everything is up to date. Nothing feels stale or overused like many hotels in this same category.
The Spa is nice with great massage beds. I think a great addition to the spa would be a fireplace, but the facilities were lovely.

Room Tip: I stayed in a one bedroom deluxe Suite. Very well laid out.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary R
Thank you for your review. We love our location in Yorkville and are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed it as well. I'm glad that you enjoyed the spa and guestrooms, and were able to take advantage of those facilities during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for more shopping and spa days with us!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed one night last weekend. The weather outside was appalling and the Four Seasons was a real refuge. The public areas as with most Four Seasons was very tasteful and soothing and my reservation was handled efficiently. The room was bigger than I had expected with an excellent well appointed bathroom. Huge bathtub and a large separate shower stall. All the small details were looked after right down to the Nespresso machine in the room. The hotel is near a large number of trendy restaurants and shopping if you can bring yourself to deal with the near polar weather.

1 Thank Peter M
I am so pleased that we were able to offer you a place of comfort and refuge during the freezing cold weather we have been having. It's also great to hear that you noticed small details in our guestrooms, which are there to make you feel more at home! We look forward to welcoming you back again.