“What a wonderful place!”

Ranked #3 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Sudbury, Canada
“What a wonderful place!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights. The staff was amazing, the hotel is so clean and fresh! The gym is outstanding.
I would say the only downfall was the house keeping ringing my doorbell three times while I was trying to sleep in.
Otherwise I would stay here again for sure. Wonderful location too!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank getawaygirl467
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your review and feedback - it is truly appreciated! We love our location in Yorkville as well, and look forward to welcoming you back to the neighbourhood in the near future.

Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I usually stay in hotels closer to the train station/City Centre airport but made an exception for business reasons. Glad I did! My first impression was of a very friendly doorman who unloaded my bag from the taxi and steered my through the sumptuous lobby to the equally personable front desk staff. My room (which was upgraded) was well-appointed, quiet and luxurious; king sized bed, soaker tub with continental shower head, separate shower area and a desk for working. An iPad was available for, I presume, in-room use (I had my own). Also, free wifi for up to two devices.

More suitable for business and couples, I would think. I will be back for sure.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LFD816
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that you decided to stay with us and enjoyed yourself at our hotel. I will pass along your kind words to our guest services and front desk team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just returned from the most romantic staycation at the stunning Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto. It was the perfect mini honeymoon. The service was impeccable right down to every last detail from the valet to the spa. Staff were completely on the ball and at your service. The room was luxurious and modern. My boyfriend loved the chocolate that awaited us in the room. I loved ordering breakfast in bed on our personalized in-room iPad. We had the most delicious dinner at Cafe Boulud. We ordered the 5 course tasting menu with wine pairings by the Wine Director, Drew Walker. His choices were perfect. The next morning, breakfast arrived right on time. Lattes, sausage, egg white omelettes. Then we went down to the spa for a one hour couples aromatherapy massage. We had such a relaxing time. You could spend an entire day at the spa itself. The space is a haven in the middle of trendy Yorkville. This was truly the best escape. We would highly recommend it as the destination for lovers, a fun girls trip or a solo experience. Thank you to all!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Erin S
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you both enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take full advantage of the amenities we have to offer. It sounds like you had a wonderful time! We look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing staycation!

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel is absolutely beautiful! The rooms are fabulous! The bathrooms are amazing. The design and style of the hotel is unbelievable. We had a great time hanging out in the lounge for a few drinks before and after we went out.
However the spa was a huge disappointment. I was there for a girls weekend and not only were they unfriendly. They were not very accommodating. A huge let down. My advice would be don't waste your money at this spa. Plenty of other spas all around the city.
Back to the positives! The guys in valet were super friendly too!!

Room Tip: We didn't spend much time in the room!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank M C
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I am happy to learn you had a great overall stay with us. I have shared your comments with our spa staff as we continuously train them in delivering an exceptional level of service with a warm, genuine attitude. We greatly look forward to welcoming you back soon again and are hopeful you will give the spa another chance!

Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Business responsibilities required a lengthy stay at the Four Seasons over the Holiday Season. There were many enjoyable times there, and the Hotel staffs were able to assist us in many aspects of our stay, for which we remain most thankful. There were also, unfortunately, other aspects that were somewhat troubling. When we arrived, we were assigned a very nice room in the corner. Upon check-in, we advised that we may have to stay beyond our registered date. We were assured that this would not be a problem as long as we provided the front desk with 48 hours notice. We were obligated to stay and, accordingly, provided the required notice. They said that we had to move out of the room we enjoyed because someone else requested the room. How can that be? They had the required notice and we did not want to have to move all our things…after all, we abided by their instructions. They assured us that they would move our things and so we, reluctantly, agreed. Later that day, we entered our new, far less desirable, room to find that half of our clothes did not arrive! We phoned to have them retrieved and after some searching, they finally found our missing things some time later. We ended up staying in the Hotel (and that very room because we did not want to move again) for over a month while the guest who took president over us only stayed for the weekend.

Our stay was over the Christmas Season. We, therefore, tried to make reservations for the Christmas Dinner offered by the Hotel. We felt we gave them enough notice but were told that their Christmas Dinner was popular and had been booked up for weeks already. They simply could not accommodate us. We explained that we were Hotel Guests, and had no other choice. Certainly, they could accommodate their own in-house guest’s as well as those local citizens who didn't want to cook! Despite several conversations with hotel and hospitality staff, we were, nevertheless, turned down. They even turned down our request to have the meal in our room as part of room service.

This is a relatively new hotel, and clearly they had never dealt with guests that are required to stay an extended period of time. It was our responsibility to educate them on how to apply the resulting tax changes as per the province of Ontario. This required dozens of calls and visits to the front desk… and often to staff whose demeanor was suspicious because they have never applied these rules before. It was uncomfortable and embarrassing. I can only hope that the next guest required to stay that long will have it easier then we did.

It’s a beautiful hotel and we did enjoy many nice moments during our stay there. We found the Lounge staff were excellent and could not finish this review without mentioning that. But, unfortunately, the rather large blunders diminished our entire experience.

Room Tip: It can get stuffy....enjoy an open window but make sure you really push your door closed when you le...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank InsightfulWanderer
First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel during your extended stay in Toronto. I am saddened to learn that you had a less than satisfactory service experience with us on more than one occasion. I assure you that this is not representative of the level of service we are known for, of which I truly apologise. Your comments have been communicated to each of the concerned departments, including your compliments to dbar, and we hope to welcome you back for a chance to create a more positive, memorable stay.

Brackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I had the pleasure to stay at the Four Seasons during a business trip. During breakfast the waiter noticed a colleague taking interest in an article in the newspaper, discussing the nature of his interest, in this case the CEO of a Canadian alternative energy provider, the waiter came back with the email address and cell number of said CEO. We nearly fell choked on our (exceptional) breakfast. That the rest of the hotel, service and stay was ten out if ten May not surprise, after all that's what makes the Four Seasons so special, what makes it world class is the experience we had, not unusual I'm told. Wow, what a place.

Room Tip: Higher the better, Toronto has amazing views!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank BrizyPedant
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's so nice to hear that our employees provided you and your colleagues with exceptional service during your stay. I will pass along your kind words to them and the entire hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

New York City
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Over the course of three stays, I was most impressed by the room layout. Some rooms are smaller than others as you move from the central portion of the hotel, but they still offer ample sitting room and desk/table space.

The bathrooms are really a model of perfection. A soothing monochrome stone, large soaking tub and separate shower and toilet areas. There is a huge amount of counter top room.

The main lobby is very spare and soaring, something out of downtown Tokyo. Zen and peaceful.

If you have ever stayed in the old 4 Seasons Toronto many years ago, they only thing you might miss is the outdoor pool.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank DarrenCampo
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
I am so happy to hear that you were impressed with the design and layout of our new hotel. We truly appreciate your honest feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!