“Luxury All Around”

Ranked #3 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Grand Baie
“Luxury All Around”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Well, it would be a crime to come over to Canada and not stay in one of their best contributions to the hotel industry - the Four Seasons. This hotel does justice to the brand and then some more.
Their rooms, albeit standard like many hotels in their league, offer luxurious finishes all across. The bed was utterly comfortable and I did not feel like getting out of it, even to plunge into the luxury pool.
The breakfast, another divine luxury, was worth its weight in gold and the ladies and gentlemen serving were definitely a class apart. I tip my hat to you Mr. Sharp, you have created a legacy worth preserving till posterity.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to take full advantage of all of the amenities we have to offer. I will share your positive comments with our employees, as they will appreciate your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 May 2014

After staying in a number of Toronto dowager grand hotels, I had the great pleasure of the Four Seasons. The whole stay was at a level of excellence I've rarely experienced globally. I arrived a little woozy from significant turbulence during my plane's approach. By the time I walked into my room, a diet coke and lime were waiting--the waiter waiting with the Coke until I arrived so it could be poured fresh over ice. My room was upgraded per American Express Platinum, to a large, natural light-filled room of quiet East-West simple elegance. The room was 4S silent despite the high-decibel construction around the hotel. Bravo. After looking at the room service menu I decided to eat in rather than go out, hoping the food would be good. I ordered the tofu stir fry but with picky changes: no rice, no sauce, no onion. The dish arrived exactly as I had ordered but the surprise was how delicious it was. It's hard to make just tofu and vegetables with no fat or carbs taste delicious. But the chef was superb. It was shockingly good. All I could think about was "Why can't I do this?" The bed was beautiful and high end uber-comfortable with high thread-count satiny sheets and wonderful perfect-hardness pillows. The excellence of the food continued through a room service breakfast at 5:30 am that the kitchen agreed to deliver 30 minutes before the stated opening time of 6:00 am in order to accommodate my early hotel departure. The oatmeal was the best I've ever had, served at my request with maple syrup. The cappuccino was also one of the best I've had including Italy. It was prepared with the decaf espresso in a special container, and the hot, heavily foamed milk in its own piping-hot container, and mixed together only when I gave the word. Again, I don't know how they make it so good. The kitchen staff must be manically well trained, and the kitchen clearly does a lot of research into how to deliver perfect food after a traipse through a big hotel. The chicken sausage was organic and delicious. Even my spur of the moment spa experience was excellent. Most hotel spas have second quality providers. Not Toronto's Four Seasons. Congratulations to the General Manager for his/her dedication to crazily high standards. I look forward to a boondoggle to Toronto just to stay there again--a vacation on a business trip!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. They'll try to accommodate if they can.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your detailed and well written review. Your whole experience with us sounded like a great success, and I will share your comments with the rest of my employees. We truly appreciate all of your feedback and are so thrilled that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Toronto!

Kind regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at the four seasons for one night to celebrate an anniversary and we enjoyed every minute.

The day started off in the spa, which was large and well appointed. The pool, whirlpool, steam room, and lounges in the change room allowed for a nice period of relaxation both pre and post treatment. We booked massages in a couples suite with professional therapists who continually checked in to make sure that we were comfortable. My partner proceeded after to the hair salon which she enjoyed and was very happy with the end result.

We were able to stay in a premier room which offered a nice view of the Yorkville region. The rooms themselves are fairly spacious, with subtle yet warm and welcoming decor/furnishings, which made us want to stay in as much as possible.

Overall though, I believe it was the service that made the four seasons stand out. Each person whom we had the chance to meet, from the reception staff, spa attendants, to room service were all professional, attentive, and friendly. They made us feel like guests in their own home which help to make it a very enjoyable and comfortable stay. We would highly recommend the four seasons!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review and amazing feedback! I am so happy that you had such a wonderful stay with us, and that we were able to assist in making your anniversary extra special.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Initially I stayed at the old Four Seasons in Yorkville, which was quaint but charged me almost 500$ a night for a sub-par, old room with a junky tube TV and some antique furniture (with a completely out of date bathroom). I found out it wasn't being renovated because of this new one. Needless to say I was a bit outraged.

HOWEVER...

After staying at this new and improved Four Seasons years later, I'm very very pleased! Gorgeous rooms and well worth the price for the rooms, amenities, and location. Right by all the shopping! Perfect! Four Seasons... you've totally redeemed yourself to me! Well done!

PS. You have great staff working with you as well!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our new hotel. I will pass along your kind words to our staff as they will very much appreciate your compliment and feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best,
Michigan
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Rooms are excellent. Top notch as you'd expect from Four Seasons. Spacious with all details thought of. Bathroom was huge. Good closet space, work space, and lounge space. Service was excellent. This is the only brand hotel though that folds my dirty clothes. I find that kind of creepy. I don't know the rate paid as it was done through company.

We used meeting space on site. Had some difficulty with room sizes fitting needs, but otherwise property was excellent and service very accommodating. Food was excellent and plentiful. Sometimes a little fancy for my taste.

Bar was hopping! Very international mix of folks and very busy. Surprised me for week nights.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and feedback. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your visit with us during your business trip, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2014

worth a stay , enjoyed every bit of it
Nicely situated in Toronto close to cn tower and union station and acc Close to all stores and restaurants easy access to everything Right in the downtown core. Older hotel with old style rooms. Great service from hotel staff would stay again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We love our location and are happy that you do as well. We look forward to welcoming you back for another visit.

Kind regards,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Staff are excellent and hotel looks very impressive. However having stayed in the hotel for a few days there are a number of small things about the room that niggle me, for instance:

There are only two small bottles of complimentary water per day

The complimentary wifi is limited to two smart devices per room. If as a couple you have more than one smart device each then you are stung for an additional CAD19.95 per day to be able to have unto four smart devices for an admittedly faster connection. I think that the complimentary wifi runs at about 1Mb/per second.

The bath location in the bathroom seems to have been a complete afterthought. The long bench has only one washbasin in it, thanks to the bath location. Where I come from, the location of the bathroom power socket so close to the washbasin would be a code violation. Given the many feet of available bench available I cannot understand this location.

These are small items, but together with other small items about the room / bathroom prevent me from considering this as a great room, which frankly I would expect from Four Seasons.

Staff are excellent and the location is fine with a subway station entrance close to hand and good outside dining choices within a few minutes walk

Room Tip: we are staying on a corporate rate and thus are on a low floor (8/F)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SteveHK_8
Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback on your experience. Indeed, complimentary WiFi is available with limitations on the number of devices to make sure the bandwidth is acceptable for all guests. Additionally, though we have taken great pride in the quality construction and design of our new flagship, it is important for us to learn the overall perception from our valued guests. I assure you our rooms are within code but it's important to know that some design features were not to your liking. We hope to welcome you back so we have the opportunity to create a more positive and memorable experience.

Best,