“Wonderful Weekend at Four Seasons Toronto”

Ranked #2 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spent a beautiful weekend with my wife at the Four Seasons Toronto. The new Four Seasons is perfectly located in the heart of Yorkville close to great shopping and dining options.

As we booked through a Corporate Rate, our room was located on the 7th floor. Still, room was roomy and airy (thanks to the high ceilings and floor to ceiling windows) and beautifully apointed. Bedding was luxurious and artwork was particularily breathtaking. Bathroom was stunning (great lighting) though we did feel that a second sink would have been a nice touch (and TV in the mirror was a bit small and would have been better placed in the center for viewing while having a soak in the tub). Rain shower was particularly impressive (great water pressure!), spacious and well designed.

Did not use the pool, but went down to the gym Saturday morning and was very impressed. High end cardio and weight machines, fresh coffee/tea, lemon/cucumber water and fruits/snacks were a nice touch.

Service was polite and attentive, yet unobtrusive. The hotel had sent a welcome package of chocolates to our room and, upon hearing my wife coughing on his departure, the nice gentleman returned a few minutes later with some tea, lemon and honey to soothe her throat (a very nice touch!)

Breakfast at Cafe Boulud was particularily impressive and a great way to start your day. Bright and airy ambiance, attentive yet unobtrusive service. I would highly recommend scrolling further down the menu past your standard bacon and eggs/omelettes to the Oeufs Meurettes (Braised Short Ribs, red wine poached eggs and toasted sourdough) which just might be the best breakfast on the planet.

Overall, a fabulous weekend and highly recommended. My new favourite hotel in Toronto.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allan M
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your very detailed review of your hotel. I am so pleased that you and your wife had an amazing experience with us, and were able to take full advantage of all of the amenities during your stay. I am going to share your fantastic review with all of our employees. We look forward to welcoming you both back again very soon for another amazing visit!

Many thanks,
Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Write a ReviewReviews (2,525)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I just had a massage at the four seasons with Mary Jane. She was incredible. I have a bad back and get massages a lot but Mary Jane takes it to a new level. She is a small girl but very strong, and was able to get deep into my muscles. The whole spa is very nice, as you would expect at the Four Seasons, but i am very pleased. I feel 10 years younger!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our spa and made you feel 10 years younger! I will pass along your kind words to Mary Jane, she is a talented and wonderful therapist. We look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing visit.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Well, it would be a crime to come over to Canada and not stay in one of their best contributions to the hotel industry - the Four Seasons. This hotel does justice to the brand and then some more.
Their rooms, albeit standard like many hotels in their league, offer luxurious finishes all across. The bed was utterly comfortable and I did not feel like getting out of it, even to plunge into the luxury pool.
The breakfast, another divine luxury, was worth its weight in gold and the ladies and gentlemen serving were definitely a class apart. I tip my hat to you Mr. Sharp, you have created a legacy worth preserving till posterity.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to take full advantage of all of the amenities we have to offer. I will share your positive comments with our employees, as they will appreciate your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

After staying in a number of Toronto dowager grand hotels, I had the great pleasure of the Four Seasons. The whole stay was at a level of excellence I've rarely experienced globally. I arrived a little woozy from significant turbulence during my plane's approach. By the time I walked into my room, a diet coke and lime were waiting--the waiter waiting with the Coke until I arrived so it could be poured fresh over ice. My room was upgraded per American Express Platinum, to a large, natural light-filled room of quiet East-West simple elegance. The room was 4S silent despite the high-decibel construction around the hotel. Bravo. After looking at the room service menu I decided to eat in rather than go out, hoping the food would be good. I ordered the tofu stir fry but with picky changes: no rice, no sauce, no onion. The dish arrived exactly as I had ordered but the surprise was how delicious it was. It's hard to make just tofu and vegetables with no fat or carbs taste delicious. But the chef was superb. It was shockingly good. All I could think about was "Why can't I do this?" The bed was beautiful and high end uber-comfortable with high thread-count satiny sheets and wonderful perfect-hardness pillows. The excellence of the food continued through a room service breakfast at 5:30 am that the kitchen agreed to deliver 30 minutes before the stated opening time of 6:00 am in order to accommodate my early hotel departure. The oatmeal was the best I've ever had, served at my request with maple syrup. The cappuccino was also one of the best I've had including Italy. It was prepared with the decaf espresso in a special container, and the hot, heavily foamed milk in its own piping-hot container, and mixed together only when I gave the word. Again, I don't know how they make it so good. The kitchen staff must be manically well trained, and the kitchen clearly does a lot of research into how to deliver perfect food after a traipse through a big hotel. The chicken sausage was organic and delicious. Even my spur of the moment spa experience was excellent. Most hotel spas have second quality providers. Not Toronto's Four Seasons. Congratulations to the General Manager for his/her dedication to crazily high standards. I look forward to a boondoggle to Toronto just to stay there again--a vacation on a business trip!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. They'll try to accommodate if they can.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your detailed and well written review. Your whole experience with us sounded like a great success, and I will share your comments with the rest of my employees. We truly appreciate all of your feedback and are so thrilled that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Toronto!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at the four seasons for one night to celebrate an anniversary and we enjoyed every minute.

The day started off in the spa, which was large and well appointed. The pool, whirlpool, steam room, and lounges in the change room allowed for a nice period of relaxation both pre and post treatment. We booked massages in a couples suite with professional therapists who continually checked in to make sure that we were comfortable. My partner proceeded after to the hair salon which she enjoyed and was very happy with the end result.

We were able to stay in a premier room which offered a nice view of the Yorkville region. The rooms themselves are fairly spacious, with subtle yet warm and welcoming decor/furnishings, which made us want to stay in as much as possible.

Overall though, I believe it was the service that made the four seasons stand out. Each person whom we had the chance to meet, from the reception staff, spa attendants, to room service were all professional, attentive, and friendly. They made us feel like guests in their own home which help to make it a very enjoyable and comfortable stay. We would highly recommend the four seasons!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your review and amazing feedback! I am so happy that you had such a wonderful stay with us, and that we were able to assist in making your anniversary extra special.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Initially I stayed at the old Four Seasons in Yorkville, which was quaint but charged me almost 500$ a night for a sub-par, old room with a junky tube TV and some antique furniture (with a completely out of date bathroom). I found out it wasn't being renovated because of this new one. Needless to say I was a bit outraged.

HOWEVER...

After staying at this new and improved Four Seasons years later, I'm very very pleased! Gorgeous rooms and well worth the price for the rooms, amenities, and location. Right by all the shopping! Perfect! Four Seasons... you've totally redeemed yourself to me! Well done!

PS. You have great staff working with you as well!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our new hotel. I will pass along your kind words to our staff as they will very much appreciate your compliment and feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Rooms are excellent. Top notch as you'd expect from Four Seasons. Spacious with all details thought of. Bathroom was huge. Good closet space, work space, and lounge space. Service was excellent. This is the only brand hotel though that folds my dirty clothes. I find that kind of creepy. I don't know the rate paid as it was done through company.

We used meeting space on site. Had some difficulty with room sizes fitting needs, but otherwise property was excellent and service very accommodating. Food was excellent and plentiful. Sometimes a little fancy for my taste.

Bar was hopping! Very international mix of folks and very busy. Surprised me for week nights.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your visit with us during your business trip, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!