“Exceptional”

Ranked #2 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Love the location and everything about the room. The embedded TV in the bathroom mirror was an unexpected surprise. The one drawback? The lack of green space or places to hang out outdoors, or even indoors, other than in the restaurants. I don't think the hotel even has a pool. Great stay otherwise.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room. We hope that you get the chance to come back and enjoy the dbar patio and indoor pool at the spa on the 8th. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Four Seasons Toronto has to be one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. A fantastic location down town close to the shopping area. The room was spacious with a great bed and a sofa area, I stayed on the 12th floor with lovely views of the skyline in the distance. The shower was fantastic and so were the amenities - a tv in the mirror was something unique as was the iPad; all guests have an iPad and you can order room service or a wake up call or browse the net - a great touch which I have never experienced before.
The reception area and hallways were clean and there was a great ambience throughout. Separate lifts for hotel guests and those attending meetings/ conferences is a great idea and avoids unnecessary crowding.
The restaurant / bar area was fun and vibrant with an excellent menu for cocktails and food - this is a boudin menu which is unique to the Toronto property, the queen bee cocktails were my favourite. All in all my first experience at a four seasons was definitely 5 star and am totally bowled over.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of your hotel, it sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am pleased that you were able to experience most of the amenities we have to offer at the hotel and that you enjoyed your experience with us. The Queen B cocktail is a fan favourite in dbar is definitely delicious and refreshing! We look forward to welcoming you back for another fabulous stay here in Yorkville.

Best,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Last time I stayed at the Four Seasons on Yorkville was about a year ago. This time I visited Toronto I was thinking of staying elsewhere, but the location of the Four Seasons was ideal for me this time. Overall the stay was better than last - service was better, people were friendlier, and the loud noises I would intermittently hear from outside were not audible this time around. Still I felt some of the details higher end hotels have weren't there. The hotel also felt a bit disjointed - the foyer/lobby of the hotel is very grand; the restaurant area was more contemporary and chic; while the rooms were minimalistic - the experience overall felt awkward, but individually were great. Small details, but still a good stay overall.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Many thanks for your feedback. I am pleased to learn you had a better stay with us your second time around. Indeed, the hotel opened in 2012 and we have undergone several growing pains as we aim to continuously improve our guest experience. The hotel's designer is Yabu Pushelberg whereas Cafe Boulud's designer was Rosalie Wise, hence the intentional difference. However, it is always our goal to ensure a satisfactory stay so I do hope you consider us yet again on your return to Toronto where it will be my pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The rooms are huge and the amenities are top notch! This is the first hotel I stayed in that has TV embedded in the mirror of the bathroom! How about that! Room service was great! Food was perfect! The only bad thing I could think of is the way the conference room are situated--one has to transfer on the fifth floor to get to the other section where all the conference area is located. It was easy for the guests to get lost and confused!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your conference. Thank you for your feedback regarding our function space, we truly appreciate it! I will pass along your review to our Catering and Banquets team to ensure that there is more signage for future conferences. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Best,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I wasn't surprised to hear that Toronto is where the headquarters of the Four Seasons Group is located, because this is among the best hotels I've ever been to. The infrastructure is all new and the rooms were a decent size with good facilities. The maids were invisible but highly efficient, the soaps etc are v nice and the front desk are tremendously efficient and friendly, without being over familiar.
I stayed for a 3 day conference in mid-May. The catering was excellent and the conference facilities are excellent, run by a super efficient team. I was sad to leave.
A definite high point was the concierge who helped me find some triathlon shops in town. I got a print out, route map, other thoughts and suggestions all posted up to my room. It was really the final icing on the cake. Congrats to the management and staff on an excellent operation. My best yet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ABK2013
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facilities at our hotel, and that our team was able to assist you with all of your needs during your short time with us. I am glad that the conference was a success and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

As always Four Seasons stands as one of the best hotels in the world. I have been fortunate to have stayed in several and they never disappoint.

Nicely designed throughout, exceptional staff and accommodating at every turn. Placed in one of the best locations in the city with fantastic views.

I will always recommend their properties.

Room Tip: Always request a higher room on the south side so you can see the beautiful skyline with the CN Towe...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SquireJones155019

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, it is truly appreciated! I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed yourself at many of our properties around the world. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. Great service, fantastic room, all facilities are exceptional. Walking into the guest suite was a WOW moment and it continued throughout the hotel. Awesome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! I am so happy to hear that we are the nicest hotel you've ever stayed in - what a tremendous compliment! We look forward to welcoming you back for another outstanding visit.