“Outstanding for business or pleasure”

Ranked #3 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Vancouver, Canada
“Outstanding for business or pleasure”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Four Seasons Toronto is a true 5 star property. Located just north of the financial district near trendy shopping and restaurants, it services both the business traveller looking for an outstanding conference location or the pleasure traveller looking to be close enough to the action but without the stark feel of the business world. The rooms are spacious, thoughtfully planned and equipped and luxurious in their amenities. Service is typical Four Seasons, attentive but not intrusive, and always looking to make your stay something special.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback and are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
The_Cart_Toronto
Reviewed 3 July 2014

General Comments:
Celebrated 15 year anniversary there this past weekend. Other than a "happy anniversary" from the front desk at check-in, there was no other recognition of this special occasion.

The hotel is in a nice, quieter part of Yorkville and within walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. The hotel itself lacks personality and character.

No room available at check-in. Was told that we would get a call when ready. Had a nice late lunch at the One @ the Hazelton but by 4pm we still had not received a call from the hotel to inform us of our room status. Walked back to hotel to discover room was now ready.

Rooms are very nice. Well appointed with ipads, small sofa and comfortable bed. Plenty of closet space. Nice bathroom with stand-up shower and a separate tub. TV in the bathroom mirror will impress a lot a occasional travellers but this is pretty standard in 5 star, newer hotels. Room noise, however, is a problem. The doors do not provide sufficient noise proofing.

Lobby bar overrun in the evening with escorts and women on the prowl for wealthy men. Pretty sleazy scene and quite surprising at a Four Seasons hotel. Preferred the bar/lounge at the old Four Seasons.

I booked the room thru our corporate rate so I really can't complain too much given the price paid. That being said, we get a better rate at the Ritz Toronto and the service, rooms and ambiance, in my opinion, is better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank The_Cart_Toronto
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am saddened to learn that you had less than a desirable overall experience with us. On behalf of my team, I apologise for not recognising your anniversary more elaborately and for not informing you of your room once it was ready. The concerned departments have been notified and we will do our best to ensure you have a great experience should you decide to return. It pleases me to know you enjoyed our guest rooms so I do hope to welcome you back.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Love the location and everything about the room. The embedded TV in the bathroom mirror was an unexpected surprise. The one drawback? The lack of green space or places to hang out outdoors, or even indoors, other than in the restaurants. I don't think the hotel even has a pool. Great stay otherwise.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room. We hope that you get the chance to come back and enjoy the dbar patio and indoor pool at the spa on the 8th. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Regards,
London
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The Four Seasons Toronto has to be one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. A fantastic location down town close to the shopping area. The room was spacious with a great bed and a sofa area, I stayed on the 12th floor with lovely views of the skyline in the distance. The shower was fantastic and so were the amenities - a tv in the mirror was something unique as was the iPad; all guests have an iPad and you can order room service or a wake up call or browse the net - a great touch which I have never experienced before.
The reception area and hallways were clean and there was a great ambience throughout. Separate lifts for hotel guests and those attending meetings/ conferences is a great idea and avoids unnecessary crowding.
The restaurant / bar area was fun and vibrant with an excellent menu for cocktails and food - this is a boudin menu which is unique to the Toronto property, the queen bee cocktails were my favourite. All in all my first experience at a four seasons was definitely 5 star and am totally bowled over.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of your hotel, it sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am pleased that you were able to experience most of the amenities we have to offer at the hotel and that you enjoyed your experience with us. The Queen B cocktail is a fan favourite in dbar is definitely delicious and refreshing! We look forward to welcoming you back for another fabulous stay here in Yorkville.

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Last time I stayed at the Four Seasons on Yorkville was about a year ago. This time I visited Toronto I was thinking of staying elsewhere, but the location of the Four Seasons was ideal for me this time. Overall the stay was better than last - service was better, people were friendlier, and the loud noises I would intermittently hear from outside were not audible this time around. Still I felt some of the details higher end hotels have weren't there. The hotel also felt a bit disjointed - the foyer/lobby of the hotel is very grand; the restaurant area was more contemporary and chic; while the rooms were minimalistic - the experience overall felt awkward, but individually were great. Small details, but still a good stay overall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Many thanks for your feedback. I am pleased to learn you had a better stay with us your second time around. Indeed, the hotel opened in 2012 and we have undergone several growing pains as we aim to continuously improve our guest experience. The hotel's designer is Yabu Pushelberg whereas Cafe Boulud's designer was Rosalie Wise, hence the intentional difference. However, it is always our goal to ensure a satisfactory stay so I do hope you consider us yet again on your return to Toronto where it will be my pleasure to welcome you back.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The rooms are huge and the amenities are top notch! This is the first hotel I stayed in that has TV embedded in the mirror of the bathroom! How about that! Room service was great! Food was perfect! The only bad thing I could think of is the way the conference room are situated--one has to transfer on the fifth floor to get to the other section where all the conference area is located. It was easy for the guests to get lost and confused!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your conference. Thank you for your feedback regarding our function space, we truly appreciate it! I will pass along your review to our Catering and Banquets team to ensure that there is more signage for future conferences. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I wasn't surprised to hear that Toronto is where the headquarters of the Four Seasons Group is located, because this is among the best hotels I've ever been to. The infrastructure is all new and the rooms were a decent size with good facilities. The maids were invisible but highly efficient, the soaps etc are v nice and the front desk are tremendously efficient and friendly, without being over familiar.
I stayed for a 3 day conference in mid-May. The catering was excellent and the conference facilities are excellent, run by a super efficient team. I was sad to leave.
A definite high point was the concierge who helped me find some triathlon shops in town. I got a print out, route map, other thoughts and suggestions all posted up to my room. It was really the final icing on the cake. Congrats to the management and staff on an excellent operation. My best yet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ABK2013
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facilities at our hotel, and that our team was able to assist you with all of your needs during your short time with us. I am glad that the conference was a success and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!