“Excellent”

Ranked #15 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I stay in various hotels all over the world on business but this is the only I cannot find fault with.

Excellent service and great rooms.

Location is really nice too with subway access if you want to get around.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Paul R,

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. It was a pleasure to learn that a world traveler such as yourself finds the hotel to be an excellent choice for your business travel needs. I look forward to your return.

Simon Antoine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Victoria
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was a joy to be a guest of this hotel. The concierge service was above and beyond exemplary.
From arranging for a wheelchair, to making excellent restaurant reservations for our group, and providing us with extra details about Toronto events, we were really taken care of. They also quickly and efficiently made a room change, provided us with extra amenities, and everyone was very professional and friendly.
The hotel has a great interior, a cool upscale lounge, and wide interior spaces, that give you a very comfortable feeling. The location is perfect for exploring Toronto, and there are wonderful areas for shopping, enjoying a meal, and sightseeing, within walking distance of the hotel.
An excellent choice for a remarkable hotel stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patricia J
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Patricia J,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville. I could not be happier that you would recommend the hotel as an excellent choice for a Toronto experience. Our Yorkville location really has it all; impeccable shopping, dining, arts and only a short subway ride away from the financial core. I look forward to your return the next time you are in the city.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My room was large, clean, and beautiful. It was very quiet since it faced the courtyard. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable and the A/C was noiseless (a rarity at many hotels). Robes and slippers were provided. The staff was polite and very professional. I didn't have time to try the outdoor bar but wish I did.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Krenian,

It was a pleasure to read your review of your recent “wonderful escape to the city”. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and the readers of TripAdvisor. I do hope that you have more time during your next escape so that you have the opportunity to enjoy the outdoor patio Skylounge, it’s a wonderful oasis.

California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental Toronto Yorkville for five nights in May. The hotel is in a perfect location, across form the Royal Ontario Museum and an easy walk to the Art Gallery of Ontario and the "Mink Mile" on Bloor. The restaurants in Yorkville are topnotch and the public transportation is easy. The staff are exceptionally friendly and well-trained. The room was one of the nicest we have seen for the price - comfortable, well-furnished with a pleasant bathroom. While we were supposed to have a deluxe view room, the fourth floor rally had only a view of the museum across the street so ask for a room higher up to see the Toronto skyline. We accidentally got splashed by workers who were power washing the entrance roof. The manager called within five minutes to offer us a free breakfast! That is care for guests. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room on higher floor will give better view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank globetrotter6
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear globetrotter6,

Thank you for making the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville your hotel of choice for your recent five night getaway with your family. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your guest room furnishings, the hotels convenient location, and the hotel staff. Please accept my apologies that you were inadvertently splashed by the cleaning happening outside of the hotel. Thank you for your understanding of the situation, I am happy that the manager on duty was able to rectify the situation in a timely manner.

Prague
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Not easy to find issues as the first good impression from quick and friendly check in lasts all the way to impressive common areas and a very nice room decorated with flair. The bed is impeccable, the bath room even one notch above what you expect for this category and price, the overall setting is quiet and relaxing. Close to University of Toronto and the Bata Shoe Museum, a good address.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank TomOpo
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear TomOpo,

Thank you for making us your hotel of choice during your recent trip to Toronto. You are spot-on about our great address in Yorkville, not only are we close to U of T and the Shoe Museum we are located steps from immaculate shopping, delectable restaurants and public transit. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers and we look forward to your next stay!

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent two nights at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville while on a business trip. I loved my stay and while the room was incredible...it was the customer service that made the difference. Check-in was fast, efficient and very friendly. The hotel room was very, very quiet. I normally hear every sound in the hallway when I try to sleep but I never heard a peep! The bed was very comfortable, the room exceptionally spacious and clean, and the housekeeping service were superb. I really liked having a Keurig in the room with a selection of coffee, decaf and tea.
One of my highlights was the Skye Lounge. I was traveling solo and normally keep to myself but I ventured into the lounge because it has a really nice vibe. I sat at the bar and the bar tender was soooo much fun. I gave him no limits on trying new drink ideas on me...and wow did he know how to make incredible maritinis! If I didn't like something...he knew how to fix it in a flash! All of the staff would come by when they were not busy and joke or just chat. It was really relaxing and fun.
It honestly felt like I was staying over with extended family...which is not a compliment that I give lightly. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear MCrammond,

I could not be more thrilled that it was the customer service at the hotel that made the difference during your recent stay at the hotel. As a hotelier it is always a pleasure to read that the hotel team has met and exceed our guests expectations, as Guest Satisfaction is our top priority. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with us and the readers of TripAdvisor. I will ensure that all of your kind words reach the team. We eagerly await your next visit to the hotel.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014

From the moment I reserved a room for my visiting grandmother, I knew that it was the right choice. I arrived at the hotel early the day of arrival to make sure all the arrangements were perfect. Ahmed at the front desk surpassed any and all of my expectations. The room was clean and ready a bit early. Close to everything that we needed/wanted. Check out was also a breeze. My interaction with staff was fairly minimal, other than Ahmed, but all seemed pleasant and eager to make my grandma's visit easy and exceptional. Which it was. We didn't utilize many of the services of the hotel, so I can't talk to those features. Thank you so much Intercontinental for a lovely lovely weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear alyssium,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent experience at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville hotel. I am so glad that your weekend with your grandmother went off without a hitch and that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. I hope that during your next stay with us that you will have the opportunity to take advantage of more of the hotel amenities such as the indoor lap pool and fitness center. I look forward to your return.