“excellent service and locaiton”

InterContinental Toronto Yorkville
Ranked #13 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 22 March 2009

This was my third visit to in Interconinential Hotel in Yorkville, Toronto in the last 6 months.
What has been consistent each time has been the excellent service and prompt attention to detail with each stay.
The location is ideal situated at the corner of Bloor and University Ave., right across the street from the 'Crystal' of the ROM.
Carolina, the Congierge arranged lunch at the CN Tower and suggested a great restaurant for our pleasure.
From the Valet, to the Doorman, to prompt check-in; all were done with the special attention that you get from a boutique hotel.
It will remain my choice on my return to Toronto for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank docfrompenetang
Write a ReviewReviews (1,577)

Reviewed 19 March 2009

I often accompany my husband on business trips, and there's usually something or many things wrong with our accommodation. But not here! Everything was perfect. The staff bent over backwards to please us--made us feel like they were glad we'd come. That began with the people at reception and carried on through to everyone we had occasion to encounter--waiters, bartenders, mini-bar guy, even housekeeping when I needed a phone directory! Our room was comfortable and clean and I was sorry we were staying only 1 night.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Pace42
Reviewed 26 February 2009

I arrived a few hours early ,and the front desk service was excellent. The porter was gracious and helpful, the desk person accommodated my request for a king sized bed and he was very polite. I am a regular hotwire user, and in some hotels, when you arrive and they know you hotwired, they are less than accommodating!

The bed was lovely, the shower had great pressure, the room was nicely appointed and very quiet (ROM renovations are over). The location is the real gem.....across the street from the new Michael lee Chin Crystal at the ROM, mere moments from the best french fries in the country (JAmie Kennedy's restaurant at the Gardiner Museum), and a block from the posh shops of Bloor Street. To return to a friendly smile at the front desk without the attitude of some other hotels is truly lovely.

I would recommend the Intercontinental to my friends, colleagues and family - in fact, I do!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2009

We arrived at the hotel about 2 hours before check in time, as we wanted to spend the day downtown and did not want to pay for parking elsewhere, and pay for parking at the hotel... the hotel gave us no problems with this and checked us in immediately.

The service was very profesional, they offered to help us with our bags, and the valet even opened the door of our vehicles or cabs when we arrived on site. The downfall would be the expensive parking you would expect. They charge $35.00 a day for vallet parking, or you can park your own vehicle down the street, around the block for $25.00 a day. The other thing I wasn't to happy with, was the fact the pool was very small, (15 meter lap pool), definitely not for kids.

Other than that, the place was beautiful, very proffesional and polite. The valets did their job very well, and we were greeted by staff upon arrival. Definitely a hotel I would recommend for someone looking for something 'above and beyond' but keep in mind, all this great service, comes with a price...

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank packzz
Reviewed 29 December 2008

Overall I would give this hotel 3 out of 5 stars normally. The reason why I am giving it two stars is because both nights I had difficulty sleeping because I could hear the metro line which runs under the hotel. I am a VERY light sleeper, so if you are not a VERY light sleeper I doubt this will bother you.
On the upside, I found the staff very helpful and they even moved us in hopes that the second room would be quieter the second night (it was slightly).
The decor is pretty nice but maybe a bit tired in the two rooms we had on the fifth floor. In the first room a light bulb was burned out and the coffee machine was not restocked...but the second room had everything.
I swam in the lap pool which was very nice.
My husband is a heavy sleeper and he did not have as much of a problem with the metro, but did notice it.
We loved the location because normally we stay more in the downtown core. This allowed us to see a different side of Toronto.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed 8 December 2008

I actually went to the other Intercontinental thinking there was only one in Toronto. The other one is downtown. Quickly found out we went to the wrong one so cabbed over to the Yorkville one. While the first one was impressive as it was big, the Yorkville Intercontinental was better suited to my taste. It was lowkey and very classy. The check in staff was waiting for me as we had a really late check in. They were phenomenal.

Then i walked into a room. They gave us one with a king sized bed. It was awesome!

Bed: like sleeping on clouds

Bathroom: very clean and good shampoo

Location: near ROM and UofT and other shopping areas, close to metro so easy to get around.

Pool: was closed but looks awesome

Staff: very very accomodating

I was fortunate to be assigned this hotel through hotwire so i paid nickels for the room. But would definitely go back and pay regular price. sure a step up from staying on friends' sofas.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2008

I have stayed at this hotel twice, and have only positive feedback to provide. The rooms are well-appointed and the bathrooms are nicely finished. The location is fantastically central in Toronto, on Bloor, near Avenue Road, and across from the Royal Ontario museum (ROM). It is also near prime shopping areas of Toronto. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: February 2005, travelled on business