“Good, but the little things make a difference”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #39 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The previous reviews are accurate and this is a good hotel if you are planning on using your feet or public transit to see downtown Toronto. The hotel was clean, the staff helpful and the room was a bargain. But if you are physically challenged you can't get in the front door, and there is no notification anywhere on the outside that could indicate how to get in if you can't navigate the two front steps. And surely it is part of the housekeeping staff's job to check the alarm clocks: I never looked (I use my phone) and the clock radio alarm went off at midnight and 0730.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank abcpastor
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Hi abcpastor

I have read your review and thank you for your comments. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel so that we can discuss your comments in greater detail. I have spoken to the Head Housekeeper and all of the housekeeping staff regarding turning the alarm off from previous guests. I apologize if this caused you any inconvenience, rest assures this is an isolated occurrence and has been corrected.

Many thanks for the review

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I found this place on Trip Advisor and went on reviews alone. I went through Delta.com and got a discounted rate, and it was well worth it. Newly renovated rooms are very stylish and quaint. The rooms are relatively small but this is a downtown hotel, so that was expected. No surprises here! Everything was very clean and that is always a plus.

The bed is quite comfortable, with four large, soft pillows. It was one of the better night's sleep I have had in a while outside of home. The view was not much, but I did not care.

The staff is very, very friendly and helpful, and even though check-out of at 11am, I was stuck at a conference and could not check-out until 1:10pm, and received no hassle at all.

So, that being said, based upon my experiences, this is a highly recommended hotel close to shops, restaurants, and other downtown sights, especially for the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hoss6901

Hi hoss6901

I am thrilled to read that you came to the Hotel Victoria based on reviews offered on Trip Advisor, it is a great tool to assist travelers make decision on their hotel of choice. We do have larger rooms, please ask for an upgrade on your next visit, may be more comfortable for you. We take great pride in our cleanliness and our service. We try to be as flexible as possible, we fully understand that "life happens" We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, come back and see us real soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Clean, cute room, quiet, helpful staff, free WiFi, great location--what else can you ask for in a hotel? My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights on the first leg of our honeymoon before continuing on to Montreal, and it was just perfect. I loved the hardwood floor in our room, it made it feel less like a hotel and more like a cool room in a friend's house! The room was small, but not claustrophobic, and so clean and cute that I hardly noticed anything else.

The only downside is that there was no refrigerator in the room and continental breakfast was not included, but I knew that when I booked the room, and for the location I was not willing to look elsewhere just for those amenities.

The hotel is less than 10 minutes from the VIA Rail, which we took to Montreal, and a block or so from the underground metro system, so getting around was extremely easy and convenient. I loved the location, especially since the hotel room itself was so quiet--we got to be close to all the activity of the city, but could still drift easily to sleep at night! Our room was in the corner facing a brick wall, which I didn't mind because it was so quiet.

I would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room faced a brick wall, which I didn't mind, but some may want a sunnier view!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello Amy S
Congratulations to you and your Husband on your wedding, It is great that you chose to include us in your honeymoon travels. I would like to personally welcome you back, I would love to offer an upgrade! We have bathrobes, refrigerators and additional toiletries. Contact me directly at the hotel so that we could arrange your next visit! I hope you had an enjoyable time on your Montreal portion of your honeymoon....

Reviewed 6 June 2012

The Hotel Victoria is a great option in downtown Toronto, close to King subway station, and a less than 10 minute walk to Union Station. My queen room was small, but clean, with a hardwood floor, flat screen tv, and a comfortable bed with lots of pillows. Lots of towels in the bathroom, however the toiletries were disappointing - just a bottle of shampoo and a couple of bars of soap. Free wifi in the room, but there's also a computer in the lobby that you can use. Helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Hi thenewval

Thank you for writing a review, we appreciate your comments. Hotel Victoria is a great option for all major attractions, our staff and service is another. On your next stay, ask about an upgrade, the rooms are larger and more selection of toiletries. We look forward to your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Hotel Victoria was a really nicely renovated little hotel at the heart of Toronto. We stayed here from May 29th to June 3rd. Our room was clean and the staff was really helpful and friendly. The location of this hotel is excellent, right next to a subway station and the P.A.T.H. And it´s only about ten to fifteen minutes´ walk to the CN tower, Dundas square, entertainment district etc... P.S ask for a bed&breakfast package. (you´ll get vouchers for the "Over easy"-restaurant which is located next to the lobby.

Loistava pieni hotelli Toronton ytimessä! Mahtava sijainti, haluaa sitten liikkua jalan tai esimerkiksi metrolla. Ystävällinen ja avulias henkilökunta.

Room Tip: In the rooms facing away from the street you will hear a little bit humming coming from the AC machi...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello Tomitsa

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Very pleased that you found your room clean and our staff friendly. Our location is ideal as you mentioned close to major attractions and public transportation. Thank you again for taking the time to review, we look forward to seeing you back at the Hotel Victoria soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Great, central location, nicely refurbished old place, go for the deluxe rooms if you can as there's a lot more space (saw in reg queen rooms & looked a bit cramped for my taste), very clean, had mini fridge, lift is a touch slow, no parking (in fact barely room to unload) is a hassle, but we parked in the garage they suggested (&left car there as we walked everywhere anyway)- $56CAN for 3.5 days, not too bad, fairly closeby, too. Diner attached with good options, moderately priced.

Room Tip: Go for deluxe rooms if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewHavenTraveller

Hi NewHaven Traveler

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of the Hotel Victoria. We are aware that the lift is a little slow, that is on our projects list for 2012. Happy to read that you enjoyed your room and that our housekeeping staff maintained their high level of service. Our location is great, so many places to visit and most within walking distance, if not, the Subway and major train station are only steps away....We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Victoria very soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I fell in love with Toronto and Hotel Victoria! The location is excellent, and affordable. I'm on a budget and was able to take public transportation from the airport to the hotel for $2.60 which is around the corner from King subway station. The location is walking distance, close to CN Tower, Hockey Hall of Fame, Eaton Centre, St. Lawerence Market, and Rogers Center. When I arrived at Hotel Victoria, I was greeted by a friendly, approahable and helpful staff at the front desk. The room had hard wood floors, the furnature was sleek and modern with a black/white decor. There was a flat screen TV mounted on the wall and free WIFI. The bed was comfortable, and the shower had excellent water pressure. They even provided free bottles of water daily in your room. Nice touch! There was no fitness room in the hotel however did provide a discount of $15 for GoodLife Fitness a few steps away.

My home away from home in Toronto!

P.S. I meet one of the owners on the elevator and he seemed genuinely concerned about how I enjoyed my stay there. I really appreciate that. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert S

Good Day Robert S

It is great to read that you fell in love with our hotel. Our location is perfect while visiting Toronto. I thrilled that our staff greeted you in their usual friendly an approachable manner! It is wonderful when I read a guest was pleased with all aspect of their stay. Our Owner, like all of our staff are %150 genuinely interested in every guests experience here at the Hotel Victoria. We most certainty are looking forward to your next visit. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.